CTD with any enb

eperdos

Question

I tried realvision as well as another enb i can't remember its name. After installing the enb, following its instalation description, I have a CTD just on the loading window after choosing a new game (I am on a clean step install).

Can someone help with installing enb? A for dummies guide, as following the guides i found including at step don'work, by my foult most certanly.

12 answers to this question

Delete everything from your Skyrim directory beside the Data folder, Mod Organizer folder, SKSE files, and any other tools (like WB, xEdit, etc) that you may have installed there. Then verify your local cache in Steam to allow it to replace the files it needs. This will clean all leftover ENB files from your installation. You'll need to set up ENBoost again after you've done this. Ensure you install the DX9 Runtimes listed on the page. Once all this is done, you should be able to try to install an ENB again.

I don't recommend RealVision simply due to it's unorthodox method of installing itself. I've had to troubleshoot it's installer enough for me to loathe it. And it's even screwed up my own system once. It will be removed from the ENB Guide whenever I have the time and willingness to take care of it.

I have done this already. I also made a copy of the Skyrim folder before STEP instalation. I also deleted all folders except DATA and MO plus other utilities I installed inside Skyrim folder. Than copied the backuped files. After I delete all files from the enb, my game runs just ok.

My problem, I believe, is that enblocal.ini file. I STEP guide, there is a recomandation to copy over only some sections. But those sections .should I copy from my own file to the enb preset file or vice versa?

Edited by eperdos

I wouldn't copy over anything, personally. The enblocal.ini is meant to be just that, local to that one system. Preset authors should never include copies of it with their files. If the authors recommend changes to it, then they should do that on their mod pages where the user can copy and paste the changes if they so desire.

So in other words, set up your own enblocal.ini file how you want and leave it. The stuff it includes will work for all ENB presets.

I don`t have a directx10 folder (neither any directx folder) into main Skyrim folder.

Unfortunately I can`t make any enb to work. I tried Vividian and Skylight and neither work. The game loads, the ENB loads, as I can see the top/left message about boris vorontsov etc., than I can even open the ENB menu via SHIFT+F12. But as soon as I try to start a new game (I have no saved files, so only new game) the game shows the loading page (with ENB effects clearly visible) and after it CTD.

yes, here it is:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
UseDefferedRendering=false
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=10240
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=0
PriorityMode=0
EnableUnsafeFixes=false

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=true

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=10.0

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115
//B
KeyBruteForce=66

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=false
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixParallaxTerrain=false
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
FixLag=false

[LONGEXPOSURE]
EnableLongExposureMode=false
Time=1.0
BlendMax=0.0

Edited by Greg
Added spoiler tags

Although I started a new STEP install, I observed a possible mistake I have done previous time: when guided to instal directx runtime in the ENBoost guide, I only extracted the archive and not actually installed it. Could that be the cause for CTD after ENB installing?