Is it possible to redirect the folder for the saves?

th3toadd

Question

9 answers to this question

bUseMyGamesDirectory=

You might want to read more here before you try that setting.

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_INI/General#bUseMyGamesDirectory

MO insists on it being 0 when using local saves. This is why I thought it would work.  You got me to test some scenarios, however, and it shot my idea to pieces.

Sticking with what I know will work, we'll pull a page from Wrye Bash...

Change your Documents folder location to a different drive as instructed above.

Set your MO profiles to not use local saves

Edit each Skyrim.ini for each profile

Change sLocalSavePath= under [General] to point to a sub folder of "Documents\My Games\Skyrim"    i.e.  sLocalSavePath="Saves\profile1"

That should give you your saves in each of their own folders on a different drive.

If you are not using "local saves" then you can change the location of your C:\Users\yourusername\Documents folder with the Folder Properties dialog box, choose the Location tab to select whatever location you wish. Your game saves will be written to the new location as they are saved in a sub-folder of the that Documents folder.

Edited by Joat_Mon

No need to mess with changing where the Documents folder is stored.  You can make the following changes to your initweaks.ini file in your specific profile folder located at "Mod Organizer\profiles"

[General]
bUseMyGamesDirectory=
SLocalSavePath=

Set bUseMyGamesDirectory to 1 to use your Documents folder. Set to 0 to use any other location.

SLocalSavePath should be set to the path that you want.  If bUseMyGamesDirectory is 1, the path is relative to "Documents\My Games\Skyrim"  If it is 0, then you need to enter the full path.  Please note, I'm not sure if you need to use quotes or not.  Probably do.

These changes also work with the Skyrim.ini file unless you are using local saves in which case the initweaks.ini file overrides it.

So I have moved my documents folder to a new location G:\Users\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves\DefaultProfile\

Now I edit the initweaks.ini in the default profile folder of MO to

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
[General]
bUseMyGamesDirectory=0
SLocalSavePath=Saves\DefaultProfile\

But every time I start up MO it reverts to the default SLocalSavePath=__MOProfileSave__\