ENB - too dark nights and interriors

With default SRLE (ELE+ELFX) it was crazy dark at times. After removing them (no lighting mods at all) it got better but it feels like all the light sources have much lower radius.

For example, when just joining Companions, bringing a shield to Aela, she calls Farkas. In the Vanilla you can clearly see Farkas outside the door, but with this ENB (Vividia 7.5) - it's almost totally dark in there.

Another example, when it's like 11 pm outside in the Whiterun it's almost impossible to see anything even with the Night Eye. With torch can barely see just couple meters around yourself...

Does anyone else have the same feeling about this ENB?

Sounds like you have some settings wrong somewhere. Especially if it is dark even with night eye on. Make sure you do not have some weird background programs, or drivers adjusting brightness, contrast for your monitor, and make sure any dynamic adjustments the monitor might have built in are disabled. 

What you describe sounds a lot like a gamma/brightness issue. The game should most likely also be set to default and then let ENB handle any adjustments. 

Well, that's what Wearable Lanterns is for.

No, that's stupid. A light source with 3 candles should give more than enough light to see a bookshelf some 5 feet away from it.

Sounds like you have some settings wrong somewhere. Especially if it is dark even with night eye on. Make sure you do not have some weird background programs, or drivers adjusting brightness, contrast for your monitor, and make sure any dynamic adjustments the monitor might have built in are disabled. 

What you describe sounds a lot like a gamma/brightness issue. The game should most likely also be set to default and then let ENB handle any adjustments. 

No, I do not have anything like that and without ENB everything looks fine. It's clearly Vividian ENB settings...

you can adjust in Vivid Weathers MCM menu the brightness

or in the ENB GUI

Right, but do you guys play with defaults and like it? I mean since it's officially recommended for the pack...

I don't mind when it's dark because there are no light sources nearby, but it's totally immersion breaking in my opinion when supposedly bright light source that in reality would give enough lighting to see all the objects in a big enough room (like 3 big candles) is just lighting up like 2-3 feets around it...

Right, but do you guys play with defaults and like it? I mean since it's officially recommended for the pack...

I don't mind when it's dark because there are no light sources nearby, but it's totally immersion breaking in my opinion when supposedly bright light source that in reality would give enough lighting to see all the objects in a big enough room (like 3 big candles) is just lighting up like 2-3 feets around it...

I'm not using Vividian ENb... i'm using Organic ENB. I don't like the look anda feel of vividian.

Also i'm using Claralux for lighting

Now it sounds like you expect more than the game engine can handle. Yes we would all like that all the light sources where actual lights, but they are not. In any given cell there is a finite number. Hence there will be cases where you find a room that is just not realistic. Most often it is because something else closeby is made to look nice

ENB cannot work around this issue. 

Like it has already been suggested then try out a few other presets. Or if you are feeling brave try to tweak the preset you already have a bit more to your own liking. 

I'm not using Vividian ENb... i'm using Organic ENB. I don't like the look anda feel of vividian.

Also i'm using Claralux for lighting

Oh, that's interesting. Will take a look...

Now it sounds like you expect more than the game engine can handle. Yes we would all like that all the light sources where actual lights, but they are not. In any given cell there is a finite number. Hence there will be cases where you find a room that is just not realistic. Most often it is because something else closeby is made to look nice

ENB cannot work around this issue. 

Like it has already been suggested then try out a few other presets. Or if you are feeling brave try to tweak the preset you already have a bit more to your own liking. 

Yeah, I know there is a finite number of light sources and that's why some light sources are 'initially disabled' and getting dynamically enabled (hate when that happens... so immersion breaking)... But still, while the vanilla lighting is not as impressive, it's at least is not as annoying at times...

Yeah, I've tried tweaking it, got it to look little better but still not as good as I would like.

• 2 weeks later...

Not using Claralux, but I also switched to Organic ENB v2 for Vivid Weathers this week. It comes with an increased brightness option but so far I've been using the default settings and the lighting seems to be quite balanced. Changing the brightness settings for interiors and nights in the Vivid Weathers MCM did a decent job with other darker ENBs, but after switching to Organic ENB I set the VW MCM options back to default. I should probably mention that I am used to using Quick Light (Wearable Lanterns alternative) for looting purposes in dungeons and caves though..

PS performance wise it might be 'heavier' on your setup than vividian enb, if you want decent performance without completely turning off effects, I'd recommend disabling supersampling and tuning down the SizeScale & SourceTexturesScale values under Reflection and SSAO. You also might have to enable the DoF manually, mine was disabled by default and I almost ditched the ENB immediately because I'm too used to DoF obscuring aliasing and bad LOD detail =P Also don't forget to separately dl the enbhelper file, as it is required and isn't included in the nexus package

Edited by Pretendeavor