MultiLayer Parallax Soul Gems (by MadCat221)

IvyMeadow

"With the advent of NIFSkope 2.0 by Jonwd7, we now have the ability to quickly verify how something will render in-game via its new WYSIWYG functionality.  To that end, I made use of the Multilayer Parallaxing effect shader on the Soul Gems.  I also color-coded them up the visible spectrum according to capacity: Petty red, lesser orange, common yellow, greater green, grand blue, black violet.

Multilayer Parallaxing (or MLP for short, yes I know what else that stands for, it stopped being funny in this mod's dev period) is not Parallax Bump Mapping, but a different parallax effect.  To understand what it's doing, you should familiarize yourself with just what parallaxing is (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallax).

Multilayer Parallaxing adds a subsurface texture that appears to be "inside" the geometry, parallaxing back and forth as your viewpoint upon the geometry surface pans about.  Other effects like refracting and scaling are also options within the mesh's material settings.  If you play Dragon Age Inquisition, the frozen lakes and rivers and more prominently the Red Lyrium use a more advanced version of this material shader effect.

It does NOT require ENBSeries to function correctly.  Parallax bump mapping is what is broken and requires ENB correction, not this.  Several meshes in-game already use this material shader effect, like the Frost Atronach and several frozen water body surfaces (like in the Hjallmarch marshes)."

65531-1-1463555176.png

MultiLayer Parallax Soul Gems edited w/ RUSTIC SOULGEMS textures.

Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65531/?