I am using SKSE to launch the game.

#17 theblackman

theblackman

Citizen

• Contributors
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:22 AM

I'm having a similar problem to the OP - I can't get AMidianBorn's Whiterun Pillar Carvings texture to show in my game even though it's showing in the data tab of MO as the active texture. Is it because of the pathing changes made by Brumbek to SMIM a little while ago?

That's the only texture I've noticed not appearing but there may be others.

I'm using STEP: Extended.

#18 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:33 PM

What's the exact name of the texture and the supplying mod?

@RoyBatty also says he sees this sort of behaviour in his Fallout games but I can't seem to track the reasons down.

Off the top of my head if a mod with greater priority has a plugin that references another texture explicitly or a *.nif has a hardcoded path to another texture are the only reasons that might contribute to this, otherwise there may be a serious flaw in MO that 1000's of users have just missed. Possible, I don't take nearly as much care in noticing what textures are loaded whilst in game.

#19 theblackman

theblackman

Citizen

• Contributors
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:48 PM

aMidianBorn Whiterun: wrcastlecarvings.dds

The only reason I noticed is due to MagnusMcMullet's comments in this thread - obviously MO is applying the correct texture for him and it appears he's using STEP: Extended as well. So I suspect it isn't MO, hence why I raised the SMIM pathing issue but that wouldn't really make sense either.

#20 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:18 PM

Okay let's examine this a bit.

That texture is used by STAT: 00087837, for example, which in turn calls the *.nif: Architecture\WhiteRun\WRInteriors\WRCastle\WRIntCastleFreePillar01.nif

That in turn uses the texture in question but if SMIM is active the path is: textures\smim\architecture\whiterun\WRCastleCarvings.dds not the one referenced in aMidianborn, ie. the vanilla.

So, yes, if SMIM is active the aMidianborn textures are not used because SMIM's path are, as you correctly surmised, different to those in the vanilla game.

Clearly a patch is needed to correct all the SMIM pathing changes so that all the other texture overhaul mods are using the correct textures.

Or some file switching to move textures around to replace the 'fugly' ones used by SMIM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mod organizer, rustic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users