Need help with using this Forum

Badfrog88

Question

It has been a long time since I have been a member of any type of forum and some of the new features have me stumped.

How do you mark a post as "Solved"? 

Is there a preferred method regarding posting images?

Tags are completely new to me. Is there a guide on how to use them?

Those are all the questions I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure I'll have more. Please be kind. :)

4 answers to this question

• You can mark a post as solved if you started the thread in a support sub-forum. Alternatively a moderator can do it (I sometimes do it for F&L threads when people forget it).
  • I upload pictures to imgur and use the direct link with the forum's image button (right next to link in the toolbar). You can get this direct link by right clicking on the image and selecting "Copy image address" if you use Chrome (probably the same for other browsers); this would work regardless of preferred uploading site by the way. Then you paste the link into the box that appears when clicking on the image button and voilà! They'll look really large when you're writing your post depending on the size of the picture, but will appear in neat little boxes when you finish posting.
  • Just tag the topics with whatever game they are related to if you post in a shared (i.e. by several games) forum. If you post in one of the sub-forums specific to a particular game, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Hell, it's probably not a problem if you forget it in a shared forum either. I'm pretty terrible at using them.  :innocent:

I think you'll eventually agree with me that this is one of the kindest forums on the net.  :;):

Post Image is also a good place to host images and they will not disappear from non-use like Imgur's do. Post Image is actually dedicated to forum use.

As for tag, simply use the best descriptive one-word tag you can think of. The only place that rules apply around tagging is for mod topics in the Mods forum. You'll be presented with those rules if you ever post a new topic in that forum.

Most everything else is in the Citizenship Guide.