Executables

Strawb

Question

So I have some how two Creation Kit executable`s. I cannot delete either of them. Creation kit will not start from either . Have through the steam site uninstalled Creation kit, then restarted Mod organizer. It still has two Creation Kit executable`s even though it has been uninstalled. So whats next? How do I get rid of the two Creation Kit executable`s ?

10 answers to this question

You can edit your ModOrganizer.ini file to remove the executables. Just close MO first and also make a backup of ModOrganizer.ini before you do any editing.

Look in the section [customExecutables].

They will look something like this:

4\title=Creation Kit
4\custom=false
4\toolbar=false
4\ownicon=false

Yours will be different than mine, but just delete these lines.

Okay you're using MO2. The INI is in %AppData%\Local\ModOrganizer\<GameName>\ where <GameName> is the name of the game MO2 is managing.

You posted in the MO forum so we just assumed you were using MO 1.

Ah! Thank you, I did not realize the two had been different!

Is it possible to change the location in which these files are stored at?

Edited by Amywalker730

Ah! Thank you, I did not realize the two had been different!

Is it possible to change the location in which these files are stored at?

ModOrganizer.ini is generated when MO is run for the first time and also depends on how MO was installed.

If installed as a "portable install" it will be generated in the main MO folder along with the rest of the MO2 files and folders, Downloads, Mods, Caches, Profiles and Overwrite.

If MO2 is installed as an "instance" it will be generated in the %AppData%\Local\ModOrganizer\<GameName>\ along with the rest of the MO2 folders, Downloads, Mods, Caches, Profiles and Overwrite. The MO2 executable and files will be in the Mod organizer main install location chosen at setup time.

With either install you can later change the location of the paths from the Settings, Paths tab. It is not recommended to change the "Base Directory" from here. You can replicate folders for Downloads, Mods and profiles to either a different folder location or another drive and point MO2 to those locations from here. The other folders paths should be left as is.