• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bandus

Bandus

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:14 PM

Before I started the S.T.E.P. installation process, I read the "Beginner's Guide" recommended on the Skyrim GEMS page. That guide is located here: https://www.reddit.c...#wiki_tes5edit 

Based on that guide, I learned how to use TES5EDIT to create a merged patch. In looking at the STEP instructions I don't see any place that it indicates creating a merged patch is necessary. The guide of course discusses using TES5EDIT to clean the Update ESM and I realize that at some points certain mods in the STEP process require use of TES5EDIT to clean them.

My question is: Do I need to create a merged patch once I am done with the STEP process or at some point during the STEP process?

Thanks!

Edited by Bandus, 23 September 2016 - 04:15 PM.

#2 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:48 PM

Chapter 2.A. LOOT Sorting & Patches describes the already compiled patches the STEP guide has created, therefore there is no need to manually create any yourself, if your install strictly follows the guideline for either Core or Extended.

#3 Bandus

Bandus

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 07:09 PM

Okay, that is what I thought I understood from that section. Thank you once again for the confirmation!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users