SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

S'all good, life gets busy :) We've been trying to n00b-solve our issues in the meanwhile even with moderate success :p

Anyhow, I console-killed one character, made a fresh game, saved and went to challenge the Solitude cow to a duel to see if I will crash if I save during combat - didn't, at least not this time.

JD, if you'll need something checked/some data/log/whatever let us know, I'm sure one of us will drop by and cooperate. It's a strange and annoying issue, wonder what could've gone wrong for both of us.

I asked about it here, but someone just said the images are deleted so I went and found this:

Followed the MO-specific advice and didn't copy the files - left them in respective folders to reduce the mess. Hid the .esps by moving them to "optional ESPs" by using MO's option.

This is my configuration in images:

https://imgur.com/a/ydDJV

Edited by Ellilea

GamerPoets tutorials are very good imho. Maybe with the missing images it could be linked within the guide for properly setting up Merge Plugins.

Ok then your issues lie somewhere else.

EDIT: The integration page contains Dragon Stalking Fix, but the Installation Guide doesn't. Is this an oversight to remove it from the integration page from earlier guide versions or is it missing in the main guide?

Edited by thenewkid

GamerPoets tutorials are very good imho. Maybe with the missing images it could be linked within the guide for properly setting up Merge Plugins.

Ok then your issues lie somewhere else.

EDIT: The integration page contains Dragon Stalking Fix, but the Installation Guide doesn't. Is this an oversight to remove it from the integration page from earlier guide versions or is it missing in the main guide?

Was removed because somethign else installed already fixes the problem.

The core guide, the merge guide, finish line and the beautification guide are fully updated.  The rest are expected to still have errors of some sort.

Edited by jdsmith2816

By Ellileas advice imma share what else keeps happening. :D

CTD are happening sometimes, mostly randomly. I cannot trace a single common thing about them, except the fact that sucidide + reload allows me to save. I have to do that after every CTD or I am not able to save.

Other than that i didnt see any strange game behaviour. 

I'm sorry that you're experiencing that issue.  I've noodled about it for a while and I really just have no idea what it could be.  Something definitely went wrong during one of the steps for you but I don't know which bit it was.

The only troubleshooting method I have right now is to tell you to start turning things off in chunks until the problem goes away then enable one by one until it comes back...  Use the backup button for left and right side in MO before you start that way you can just reload backup to get back to where you were..

It will probably be a long tedious process :(

Unrelated... please keep an eye out for floating/clipping/misplaced things.. click on them w/ console open and disable/re-enable to make sure you've clicked the right thing.. then take a screenshot showing the reference id so that we can fix those issues.

Edited by jdsmith2816

Okay so I copied the profile and:

1. turned off all on my added mods, re-reqtified, tried, still crashing on save

2. turned off everything but HUD merged, WM flora fixes, CATM, NPC Textures Merged, RaceCompatibility and Requiem, re-reqtified and it doesn't crash on save

Picked totally random mods to stay just so Reqtificator had something to do. So this tells me that it's not any of my left-side mods as I left them all checked on. So body replacers, meshes, textures, animations and some plugin-less script mods don't cause this.

That means that the cause likely can be found. I'll try to check stuff in bulks now. Got some work to do anyway so can do it in the background. I'm really curious what's up and worried about install's stability if the bug is present from the get go.

I'll report back with any findings.

SkyUI not guilty. I've read somewhere it could cause such issues, but nope, not this time.

Falskaar and LECM merge also okay.

Edited by Ellilea

Meh, can't edit the post anymore, feels spammy, my apologies. I'm impatient when I share findings :<

So final conclusions:

The thing that breaks the saving option is Reqtifying CR patches and WLSO (can't check separately due to masters but I doubt it's about WLSO). It's okay to Reqtify everything THEN turn on the CR patches, the bug doesn't happen. The moment I use Reqtificator when they're ticked in the load order stuff goes wrong.

Why? I don't know. But maybe this will be of some use to you.

Question from me would be - is it okay to turn them on post Reqtification?

##

Also I don't have the ice penguin map .esp, it never had one for me. Is that okay?

Edited by Ellilea

Ah, that was that. Yeah, remember now, I ignored it the first time but forgot about it by now. Too much stuff here to do and remember, sorry.

But I've conquered the map bug I had, it was so bizarre, and the saving issue is gone (well, at least the immediate one), so maybe, just maybe, the game is playable now... could it be?!

That is as long as the CR patches can be okay while being not Reqtified. If not then I'm done, I don't know what to do. I'm leaving them unReqtified for now and hoping for the best, because at least I cannot see any bugs smacking me in the face at the very start this way heh.