SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

So I've had a shower thought if you were thinking about testing stuff - CR patch only goes naughty when it's Reqtified, so all the records from categories that are not touched by the Reqtificator should be safe. It seems to check out, indeed, and it leaves I don't know, 5-6 other suspect categories (Armors, Weapons, Leveled Item, NPC, Perk, Global (1 entry) and Leveled NPC or something like that, just some falmer shaman in there).

I won't pinpoint any specific one at fault due to my issues with consistency and the game being just undecided, but I thought I'd mention it in case it didn't cross your mind. Though it might've, I just haven't been fiddling with these things long enough for it to come sooner ;p

Well, I've split the CR patch in 2 files. reqtified only of them, and looked which one would crash. One crashed and one did not. Then I copied more and more categories from the unreqtified part to the reqtified. At this point the part that doesn't get reqtified contains only leveled item entries and the reqtified part the rest and I can save without CTD.

Then I switched roles and reqtified only the leveld item part and I could save without CTD ....

Edited by thenewkid

Well, I've split the CR patch in 2 files. reqtified only of them, and looked which one would crash. One crashed and one did not. Then I copied more and more categories from the unreqtified part to the reqtified. At this point the part that doesn't get reqtified contains only leveled item entries and the reqtified part the rest and I can save without CTD.

Then I switched roles and reqtified only the leveld item part and I could save without CTD ....

I just don't understand this... I'm running with the same patches.. using the full steps of the finish line with no problems.. so confused

I have been doing a more precise elimination and I have indeed arrived at the "Leveled Items" as the odd man out now. I have divided the files into those Reqtificator won't touch (by design) and the others I checked category-by-category.

Leaving it out also removes a different CTD I had when Requiem scripts were trying to run.

The fact that it being Reqtified alone is okay would explain my earlier confusion at inconsistency. It's like there's some conflict inside the patch, I found it only once I singled out all the Reqtification candidates.

Edited by Ellilea

While we're at it - is there a way to make Junipers small globally? Or is that a bad idea? Like, remove some file or another. After these battles if my install starts to work-work I'd rather not touch the working CR patch with a feather.

Also, is there "Leveled Items" part of the CR patch crucial to a playthrough? How would you guys advise to handle this bamboozle?

Edited by Ellilea

Hey everyone,

Just encountered a small issue following the SRLE rectified guide:

ECTV - Blowing in the Wind Patches and ECTV - DBM Patches both report a missing master file "ETaC - Complete.esp". 

(I have installed EtaC Modular correctly as far as I can tell. Spent maybe 3-4 hours working on it.)

Has anyone else encountered this issue? / Have I simply missed a step somewhere?

Lastly, I just have to say thank you to the team for making this happen. These guides are amazing. I'm eagerly awaiting the updated version Diana is working on.

Found the solution. Just had to give up and move on to the merging section. The masters are re-targeted in there. Sorry for the spam.

While we're at it - is there a way to make Junipers small globally? Or is that a bad idea? Like, remove some file or another. After these battles if my install starts to work-work I'd rather not touch the working CR patch with a feather.

Also, is there "Leveled Items" part of the CR patch crucial to a playthrough? How would you guys advise to handle this bamboozle?

Just don't install the large junipers when doing TAFM.

Can i add the gray cowl of nocturnal to this guide safely?

Never mind this. It's not what I wanted. So I removed the NPC overhaul from this guide and followed Darth's instructions for his NPC retexture version 2 and renamed the downloadable esp to the same as this guides, cleaned the masters from it, fixed the errors, and it works just fine and looks great! Only real issue is the reqtificator doesnt take over several things when applying the restore npc visual script, but that only took a few minutes to do manually.

Just don't install the large junipers when doing TAFM.

Bah, it looks like I'd have to reinstall that then Dyndolod and all. Screw it, potted monsters it is. I'll just mark for delete them or resize with Jaxonz Positioner or something .-. I am so over installing mods lol.

By the way, they say on the Legacy's page that their Unofficial Fix will require updating over upcoming months and some script cleaning and stuff. The guide recommends to merge it, but then perhaps it would be best left outside the patches merge? Idk, just a thought.

I was told my ini's were bad.

Your crash fixes ini isn't configured correctly or you don't ahve enboost configured properly in your enblocal.ini

But i'm still crashing after many different combinations of settings, could someone give me a copy of their ini files?

Edited by berder

Here's mine. They gave me a stable game, I crashed once every few hours (usually just didn't crash unless I reloaded the game like 20 times in a row) and my load order was much bigger than this guide alone.

Anyhow, keep in mind some settings might be different due to my PC specifications. The enb inis are configured for my Organic ENB (light version) and might be a little different from the STEP recommendation, but it might help you to test stuff I guess? The crash fixes/skyrim/skyrimprefs inis are configured in accordance to this guide entirely.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5ERts6771l1SzVXSld6WkxlcDg

Edited by Ellilea
  • +1 1

Hmm... I know I made the post at one point in here including this link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/su184875tgrrofd/AACYFFXh6xAv9U-0ezU6ifena but I'll be damned if I see it now..

In either case refer to that link.. ignore the two out of order FSP plugins.. everythign else is accurate.  You just need the mods that are checked in the screenshot of the left side.. in that order.  Post merge leave CoT enabled since it has an ESM file + assets.

Arrange the plugins as you see in the rightside screen shot.. merge it up and give it a try.  I highly recommend editing the 1200 range lantern in Wearable Lanterns to have the same stats as the torch record in RRD... I included a screenshot showing the changes that should be applied...  In game in the Wearable Lanterns MCM just select teh 1200 range version.

Additionally you need the enb download from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24235/?

Check bleakfalls barrow interior.. with and without torches.. make sure to run down the tunnels in both cases.. Check outside at night.. etc.  You should find it to be basically perfectly lit.  When you think you're hidden in a shadow you're really hidden in a shadow...

It's quite glorious and I won't be playing any other way in the future.  You can try other ENBs with that load out just ensure that they don't blow out the lighting.. If they make thing smuch darker or much brighter.. or mess around with eye adaptation.. it'll ruin the effect.

Been meaning to talk about this... I did as this post says plus a couple extra .esp's because i thought they made sense, but my nights and interiors arent nearly as dark as the RRD screenshots are. this is my merge:

Fantasy Soundtrack Project.esp

Fantasy Soundtrack Project - Combat.esp

FSP - Unique Towns & Locations.esp

SoS - The Wilds.esp

SoS - The Dungeons.esp

SoS - Civilization.esp

Requiem - Realistic Darkness.esp

requiem-realistic-darkness__usleep.esp

mintylightningmod.esp

TrueStorms.esp

true-storms__aos.esp

true-storms__requiem-realistic-darkness.esp

ExpandedSnowSystems-CoT.esp

Natural Lighting and Atmospherics.esp

wlso.esp

wlso__ectv.esp

wlso__phinix.esp

wlso__radioactive-pce.esp

wlso__requiem-realistic-darkness.esp

I also never recieved an answer regarding my response to that original post.

Do I not need the CoT DG+DB  Patches? If I do should I merge them? And am I supposed to only use the enb files from Phinix or do I need one of the CoT+AOS+TS+ESS+NLA .esp files? and if I need it, does it get merged? Sorry for any confusion...

Been meaning to talk about this... I did as this post says plus a couple extra .esp's because i thought they made sense, but my nights and interiors arent nearly as dark as the RRD screenshots are. this is my merge:

Fantasy Soundtrack Project.esp

Fantasy Soundtrack Project - Combat.esp

FSP - Unique Towns & Locations.esp

SoS - The Wilds.esp

SoS - The Dungeons.esp

SoS - Civilization.esp

Requiem - Realistic Darkness.esp

requiem-realistic-darkness__usleep.esp

mintylightningmod.esp

TrueStorms.esp

true-storms__aos.esp

true-storms__requiem-realistic-darkness.esp

ExpandedSnowSystems-CoT.esp

Natural Lighting and Atmospherics.esp

wlso.esp

wlso__ectv.esp

wlso__phinix.esp

wlso__radioactive-pce.esp

wlso__requiem-realistic-darkness.esp

I also never recieved an answer regarding my response to that original post.

That looks correct as long as you have the CoT folder still active.. only thing it should contain are assets + the CoT esm file...  No need for any other patches or esp files from the CoT fomod.

The phinx enb results in a very slight brightening over just RRD but it's not much and it brings some solid color correction and effects that you just can't get without an enb.

If you're running some other ENB it may be really blowing out the lighting.. especially if it does alot of eye adaptation.

Diana is updating the WLSO section of the core guide now.. it includes the Phinix RRD setup so 'official' instructions will be there today/tomorrow.