SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

Well I can pickpocket a guard, he'll slap me with 250 gold fine, but that's the thing, the bounty will be pretty big then and then I'd actually expect the divines to crap on me :D I just really thought 20 gold payoff would be okay, figured maybe it's up to 100 bounty or 100 gold in stolen items or something. I don't know.

I know of the blessings ignore crime mod, I played with it in the past. It seemed a bit cheesy. I guess I'm just a little bitter that even the pettiest of crimes, like seriously, the pettiestest, count the same as murder would in the game.

You will probably painfully regret taking painful regrets. If it was accidental just use the console the remove the bounty. Did you test the shrine displays? I would expect problems with the shrine handler script recognising th BtC blessings.

I don't intend to touch that one with a 10 foot pole, worry not :D That's for goody-two-shoes (with a shady past). I was trying to touch various shrines, they worked before the bounty, don't after so obviously it's that crime. Meh, I guess I'll have to seriously console it out, but I believe there should be a threshold there. Like, idk, 100 gold in highest bounty, 10 stolen items or so should still allow to use the shrines. That'd just be more immersive.

Guess I'll just have to console it out .-. Not a fan, but it's gonna be the least intrusive if there's no way to actually pay off this bounty/if the shrines wouldn't work anyway.

How do we help you test if the newest patches are not on the Nexus?

I don't have them either. JD is still working on them. I believe our test results will help narrow specific fixes that are needed.

Wait, I do have the WLSO patches. It'll be a little bit before I can log onto my PC. Will share what I have then.

Edited by Greg
Fixed the quote tag

No I don't want that perk, I will have no puny deity punish me for taking shiny once I decide it's time to take the shiny. I just want to pay off my 20 gold bounty and use the shrines once. The problem is there is no dialogue with guards :( The bounty is too small for them or something.

If the shrines become inactive for the entirety of the game for 20 gold bounty then that's a whole different issue I'd say. Not very immersive, is it? Be hated by gods forever for stealing a cabbage or two when you're starving or some such with no sensible way to repair it (the perk incurs big penalties and makes sense in the case of big crimes).

Read about the deities here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74330/?

That page also has instructions on how to reset the deity bounty counter for things such as accidental theft/murder/etc

Here's a mod that "fixes" your issue. Never used it before though:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50251/?

Blessings and such are controlled via BtC now... not sure how that mod would interact with it.  

Guess I'll just have to console it out .-. Not a fan, but it's gonna be the least intrusive if there's no way to actually pay off this bounty/if the shrines wouldn't work anyway.

You can also use the paycrimegold command... Open console, click a guard, type paycrimegold.. It will initiate the standard bounty payoff procedure.. remove your gold, move you to fron tof prison, blah blah.

Just wondered that Claralux was still in the guide. The decision to pull it due it not working properly because of script load still stands?

It will be removed... I just havne't done it yet... I've updated all of my mods locally except for the DBM patches.. Made minor need changes to patches.. Will do the same for DBM patche ssoon then remove Claralux.. 

Edited by jdsmith2816

Thanks for the solutions, guys, much appreciated :)

Lol "accidental murder".

It would seem that it does employ an immersive way of not breaking the law exactly as I felt/wanted it could be, just gotta erase this bounty and I should be good to go :)

@Melkien

I doubt it, I think I'm the only heretic around here slapping multiple other mods on top of this guide :) So far had no issues with anything I added though, so you can try that, but I fear you're on your own there. I added IC to my newest install too, but I haven't played nearly long enough to vouch for it other than it doesn't immediately do anything dumb.

Edited by Ellilea

Does anyone have experience using the guide together with Immersive Creatures?  ::):

Immersive creatures isn't included because the existing patch is rather poor... I plan on including when TheTrader releases his new version but he said coming soon like a year ago.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B37ojtBnC9LXUV83VUE3UGpDLW8?usp=sharing

As JD said, he is working on the patches that need to be updated and will share them when they are ready for release.

Time is just tight... alot of stuff going on at work right now and most of my free time is being spent out in the pool with the kids and such.  

Going through the guide now, need to stop for a minute to do errands.

Here are the errors I've found so far:

1. [Typo] Pre-requisites page, under Wrye Bash, "files to download", should be 307 beta1, not "307.bet1".
2. [Major] High Resolution DLC pack may not be optional afterall. I encountered an issue where Vanilla install without HRDLC resulted in non-functional main menu (boxes replace words where "New", "Continue", "Load Game", etc. would be). It's free anyway, might as well.
3. [Minor] Pre-requisites page, Under BethINI instructions, items 24 and 25 should refer to "Visuals tab" instead of "Foliage". There is no longer a Foliage tab.
4. [Minor] Pre-requisites page, under INI Tweaks, "Change existing value" should be removed for bSaveOnRest=0, bSaveOnTravel=0, and bSaveOnWait=0. By default these values are not defined.
5. [Major] Merges page, the link to the setup page for Merge Plugins no longer has screenshots of the appropriate settings.

• +1 1

1. [Typo] Pre-requisites page, under Wrye Bash, "files to download", should be 307 beta1, not "307.bet1".

2. [Major] High Resolution DLC pack may not be optional afterall. I encountered an issue where Vanilla install without HRDLC resulted in non-functional main menu (boxes replace words where "New", "Continue", "Load Game", etc. would be). It's free anyway, might as well.

I feel like this is just coincidental.. Probably some other issue at play.

3. [Minor] Pre-requisites page, Under BethINI instructions, items 24 and 25 should refer to "Visuals tab" instead of "Foliage". There is no longer a Foliage tab.

4. [Minor] Pre-requisites page, under INI Tweaks, "Change existing value" should be removed for bSaveOnRest=0, bSaveOnTravel=0, and bSaveOnWait=0. By default these values are not defined.

This is long perpetuated misinformation and should probably just be cut out... The only issue with saves in skyrim are scripted saves with unfortunate timing... The default save system is safe.  This horse has been beaten to death on reddit imo

5. [Major] Merges page, the link to the setup page for Merge Plugins no longer has screenshots of the appropriate settings.

Edited by jdsmith2816

@Melkien

I doubt it, I think I'm the only heretic around here slapping multiple other mods on top of this guide :) So far had no issues with anything I added though, so you can try that, but I fear you're on your own there. I added IC to my newest install too, but I haven't played nearly long enough to vouch for it other than it doesn't immediately do anything dumb.

Immersive creatures isn't included because the existing patch is rather poor... I plan on including when TheTrader releases his new version but he said coming soon like a year ago.

Great thanks guys! Yes I read that IC works with Requiem but that the balancing is very poor, like sometimes it is way too difficult out of proportion, which isn't fun! So I guess we will have to wait.  ::):

1. [Typo] Pre-requisites page, under Wrye Bash, "files to download", should be 307 beta1, not "307.bet1". fixed

2. [Major] High Resolution DLC pack may not be optional afterall. I encountered an issue where Vanilla install without HRDLC resulted in non-functional main menu (boxes replace words where "New", "Continue", "Load Game", etc. would be). It's free anyway, might as well. I haven't encountered this issue myself, however if others do we can make certain to list it as core. The High Res BSAs and ESPs should not be activated at all with this setup. The Optimized Textures replace the need for these.

3. [Minor] Pre-requisites page, Under BethINI instructions, items 24 and 25 should refer to "Visuals tab" instead of "Foliage". There is no longer a Foliage tab. fixed

4. [Minor] Pre-requisites page, under INI Tweaks, "Change existing value" should be removed for bSaveOnRest=0, bSaveOnTravel=0, and bSaveOnWait=0. By default these values are not defined. fixed

5. [Major] Merges page, the link to the setup page for Merge Plugins no longer has screenshots of the appropriate settings. removed screenshots and replaced with Merge Plugins : Start to Finish Video Tutorial by GamerPoets: 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping out. Having more eyes read through and point out the errors is exactly what I have needed and it is truly appreciated. 

Great thanks guys! Yes I read that IC works with Requiem but that the balancing is very poor, like sometimes it is way too difficult out of proportion, which isn't fun! So I guess we will have to wait.  ::):

Good thing about that mod is how customizable it is. Gave me "courage" to install it. If I won't like something I know I can just disable it. There are some hints on Requiem subreddit about which options to enable/disable for best experience. I added the mod and turned all the encounter chances pretty low and went with their recommended settings (basically Purist-No Spiders setting and then personalization). Just knowing that every now and then something new and strange will appear is enough for me. It kinda worried me that there might not be enough various creatures in Skyrim and I heard people complain how it's Falmer half the game. So now I can adjust it to be whatever whenever in case I fall into some Falmer slouch :)

I also have an option to turn up difficulty up with a press of a button in game and do it in a way more fun than adjusting HP/DMG slider of vanilla game :p The in-guide dragon mod (diverse dragons? Or something) also has some difficulty settings available. Didn't look into them yet, but maybe it will suffice instead of Deadly Dragons. I have those as a backup, but not activated. I might turn them on later on if I decide it's too easy. But I'd first fiddle with Diverse Dragons (or whatever that mod's name is exactly).

I have also installed SkyTEST, because even though Requiem contains a part of it, it still adds fun stuff to the game and makes it more diverse :) It seems to work well so far for me.

I think patches would be possibly the easiest thing to update without a new save, right? As long as it's just an .esp file. Though if it was "coming soon" a year ago I won't get my hopes up for IC patch and just roll with the MCM as my go-to balancer.

Edited by Ellilea

I have revised my testing steps a bit in hopes of hitting the majority of the mods that are recommended in this guide:

Testing Skyrim: Performance and Stability

Wait for all mods to load.
From the main menu open the console with ~ key and type in the commands.

First Test - Explore Interior and Exterior Cells.

1. tgm
2. coc qasmoke (gather any preferred spells, weapons, and armor for encounters where you may be attacked)
3. coc WhiterunOrigin
Note: "tmm 1" will toggle the map markers on and can be used to fast travel if it is enabled.
4. In Whiterun, stand around the market for 1 in-game day (24 hrs in game) which will basically run through all non-combat events (many npc interactions, greets, some quest triggers, scene triggers, time of day specific events,  loading/unloading alot of actors, etc...)
5. Enter the following interior cells:
The Bannered Mare
Jorvaskr
Dragonsreach

Also Explore Exterior and Interior Cells to test Expanded Cities, Towns, and Villages, Lanscapes, etc...

Note: type "coc" before each code

Major Citites and Palaces:
DawnstarTheWhiteHall
FalkreathJarlsLonghouse
MarkarthKeep
MorthalHighmoonHall
RiftenMistveilKeep
SolitudeBluePalace
WindhelmPalaceoftheKings
WinterholdJarlsLonghouse

Towns:
DragonBridgeExterior01
IvarsteadExterior01
KarthwastenExterior01
RoriksteadExterior01
Riverwood
ShorsStoneExterior01

Settlements:
DarkwaterCrossingExterior01
HighHrothgar
Kynesgrove
StonehillsExterior01
WhistlingMine01

Orc Strongholds:
DushnikhYalLonghouse
LargashburShagrolsLonghouse
MorKhazgurLaraksLonghouse
NarzulburMauhulakhsLonghouse

Solstheim
DLC2RavenRock01

Second Test - Explore the open worldspace.

1. player.setav speedmult 500 (increase move speed to 500 units, trigger by running once) 
2. coc Riverwood: Using only the main roads as far as possible run 3 laps around Riverwood -> Markarth -> Solitude -> Dawnstar -> Winterhold -> Windhelm -> Riften - > Riverwood, travelling the same way in each lap. 

Third Test - Spawn Enemies:

1. coc Whiterunexterior01 
2. player.setav speedmult 100
3. Spawn Mages (to test spell interactions)
placeatme 0006d235 1
placeatme 0006d23d 1
placeatme 0006d247 1
placeatme 0006d252 1
placeatme 0006d262 1
placeatme 000551d7 1
placeatme 000551c5 1
placeatme 000551b3 1
placeatme 000551ba 1
placeatme 000551cb 1
4. Spawn Creatures (to test battle interactions)
placeatme 00023ab5 2
placeatme 00023ab4 2
placeatme 00023ab7 2
placeatme 00023abe 2
placeatme 00023a8a 1
placeatme 00021875 1 
5. Spawn Dragons: Dragon battles are heavily scripted and can be complex depending on the mods used. This will make certain you will be able to handle three dragons in a stressfull environment. As solitude is full of NPCs and dragons will be more active. 
coc solitudeavenues
placeatme 0008BC7E 1
placeatme 000F80FD 1
placeatme 000F77F8 1