SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

The main reason I find for this is that you've got file extensions hidden and your SKSE.ini is actually called SKSE.ini.txt.

Easy fix, make sure you have file extensions set on. (Google how to do it for your version of windows) and check the file name.

The other one is that it's not in the right place. Make sure you haven't spelt anything wrong etc and that it's in the right place.

Edited by Nozzer66

I'm about ready to venture off from Skyrim Legendary and install SSE on my desktop. My husband will still be playing the Skyrim Legendary with this guide installed on the laptop. So, I will still work a bit with it and perform any Wiki edits that are needed. However, I will not be installing SMC mods due the GPU memory allocation limit on Directx9/Windows 8 and 10. If anyone notices any editing that is needed in the SMC or WLSO optional guides, please just let me know and I'll take of it. 

I also have a few other projects that I have been neglecting and need to get back to work on. I'm not abandoning the group, I just won't be as active.

okay so i figured some things out. my skse.ini was working just fine, the problem was I was using the optimized vanilla warpaints which look like ass to begin with, so i went and installed the XCE warpaints that used to be used and they look just fine.

NOW...THE REALLY INTERESTING STUFF

So I'm having so much trouble just getting the game running I figured I'd run the Skyrim performance monitor to see if it could tell me anything. I haven't reinstalled it since using on the base SR:LE guide because everything has always gone smoothly. When I tried to install it it said I was missing the Slim DX Runtime 2.0 files, So I downloaded those and then the perf monitor could run no problems.

BUT- While i run Skyrim through this perf monitor my game loads up with full enb and saves without crashing just fine!!! :dancingbanana:  I was super excited as you might imagine... but when I exit the game to desktop and try to run it without the perf monitor BOOM CTD when I try to load a new game. :wallbash: :facepalm:  :wallbash: :facepalm:  :wallbash:

I can close MO and restart it through the perf monitor and everything runs smoothly again, saves fine...

What could this mean??? It's quite a strange bug.

EDIT: I think I read some of you werent able to run the full ENB with this guide and are only using ENBoost, could one of you having this issue try running the full ENB through the performance monitor and see if it works for you that way?

Edited by NordPride_WorldWide

If replacing SMC Output folder with same exact mods but their lower quality variant, keeping the same name, do I have to redo any of these? (apart from DynDOLOD): xEdit Khajiit Ears Show, FNIS ("Skeleton Arm Fix", etc), DSR, Reqtificator, Restore NPC Visuals?

If replacing SMC Output folder with same exact mods but their lower quality variant, keeping the same name, do I have to redo any of these? (apart from DynDOLOD): xEdit Khajiit Ears Show, FNIS ("Skeleton Arm Fix", etc), DSR, Reqtificator, Restore NPC Visuals?

No, you're fine

okay so i figured some things out. my skse.ini was working just fine, the problem was I was using the optimized vanilla warpaints which look like ass to begin with, so i went and installed the XCE warpaints that used to be used and they look just fine.

NOW...THE REALLY INTERESTING STUFF

So I'm having so much trouble just getting the game running I figured I'd run the Skyrim performance monitor to see if it could tell me anything. I haven't reinstalled it since using on the base SR:LE guide because everything has always gone smoothly. When I tried to install it it said I was missing the Slim DX Runtime 2.0 files, So I downloaded those and then the perf monitor could run no problems.

BUT- While i run Skyrim through this perf monitor my game loads up with full enb and saves without crashing just fine!!! :dancingbanana:  I was super excited as you might imagine... but when I exit the game to desktop and try to run it without the perf monitor BOOM CTD when I try to load a new game. :wallbash: :facepalm:  :wallbash: :facepalm:  :wallbash:

I can close MO and restart it through the perf monitor and everything runs smoothly again, saves fine...

What could this mean??? It's quite a strange bug.

EDIT: I think I read some of you werent able to run the full ENB with this guide and are only using ENBoost, could one of you having this issue try running the full ENB through the performance monitor and see if it works for you that way?

That... is the strangest damn thing :(

There also is no way that the contents of the guide fail to work with ENB... it's just not how ENB works... There can only be a hardware or configuration issue at play.

Edited by jdsmith2816

That... is the strangest damn thing :(

There also is no way that the contents of the guide fail to work with ENB... it's just not how ENB works... There can only be a hardware or configuration issue at play.

I agree, no way it would run fine in the monitor if my mods setup was broken, it's got to be some kind of config problem on my pc, the problem is, what? What could I possibly have done wrong that wouldn't allow the game to run as normal but somehow slips through this error when using the performance monitor?

Edited by NordPride_WorldWide

I'm about ready to venture off from Skyrim Legendary and install SSE on my desktop. My husband will still be playing the Skyrim Legendary with this guide installed on the laptop. So, I will still work a bit with it and perform any Wiki edits that are needed. However, I will not be installing SMC mods due the GPU memory allocation limit on Directx9/Windows 8 and 10. If anyone notices any editing that is needed in the SMC or WLSO optional guides, please just let me know and I'll take of it. 

I also have a few other projects that I have been neglecting and need to get back to work on. I'm not abandoning the group, I just won't be as active.

If you need help ask. I already have a setup installed for SSE (around 260 mods)

Edited by paul666root
  • +1 1

With the setup in the guide CoT is controlling exterior lighting while RRD is controlling interiors.  I believe that you can adjust that brightness level by choosing darker nights in the CoT installer but I have not actually checked to see how the darker nights plugin interacts with the wlso__phinix file

Alternatively if you wish you can diverge and just run RRD letting it control everything.  All patches needed for configuration are available in the wlso archive.

Edited by jdsmith2816