SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

so I am about to do a fresh skyrim install. been an avid user of SRLE and Mathias's guide for a long time but I want to give rectified a shot. What are the major differences between this guide and Mathias? should I do the yashed up guide or the rectified? Is neovalyn's guide integrated into these as well, as Mathias did?

Edited by Gilgamesh2k5

Both those guides are designed as stand alone. 

There's quite a few differences, especially in perks and gameplay. I'll let JD or Paul666 or Diana actually say what, though. More cause they're further across it than I am.

Judgement call on Yashed versus Reqtified. I prefer Reqtified myself but they both work OK.

The reqtified guide is more up to date regarding mods. The difference can be read on the YASH mod page and on the Requiem mod page. See which one you like. I don't play Oldrim anymore i switched to SSE.

okay thanks brother, is anyone handling the mod updates for the two guides? no additions, just version updates and patching? Yeah I want to move onto special edition but the modding scene is still fairly new and with no skse64 support it is stalled. 80% of the mods I love haven't been ported, so all it has is the ability to look prettier so far. hahaha. Plus I work long hours as an electrical engineer and have two kids so I don't have the time to **** around with mashing a bunch of mods together and creating patches and conflict resolutions, so I use STEP guides. Looks like Neovalen won't commit to a guide until skse64 either

Edited by Gilgamesh2k5

actualy i got a full modded SSE setup that's almost like SRLE Extended guide you followed minus LOTD. SSE is very enjoyable with current modding scene and it's not only "looking pretty". SKSE64 don't think will ever come out if you wait on that...

look at this list on the first post here:

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/12152-skyrim-special-edition-enhanced/

anyway Diana was looking after the guide setup with help from JD. I know JD also moved to SSE with me and don't think the guide will be updated for the mods since it's no point to it as we don't play Oldrim anymore... Requiem guide is the most up to date and if you encounter any problem with it just ask here and we will help if we can without having to install the game ofcourse.

actualy i got a full modded SSE setup that's almost like SRLE Extended guide you followed minus LOTD. SSE is very enjoyable with current modding scene and it's not only "looking pretty". SKSE64 don't think will ever come out if you wait on that...

look at this list on the first post here:

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/12152-skyrim-special-edition-enhanced/

anyway Diana was looking after the guide setup with help from JD. I know JD also moved to SSE with me and don't think the guide will be updated for the mods since it's no point to it as we don't play Oldrim anymore... Requiem guide is the most up to date and if you encounter any problem with it just ask here and we will help if we can without having to install the game ofcourse.

Well shiiiiiit.....I stand corrected that is quite a large mod list with some very well known mods...I have to say I might make the switch however conflict res and patching abilities are novice at best..I am not a noob to the tools and other intricacies of modding, but those two require the biggest time sync. I have been playing with LoTD since its inception bacj in the day as the Gallery...It is so integral and intricately weaved into the world that I dont know if I can play without it..I am such an OCD completionist..only other mod that came close as far as display and sort abilities is Druids Den Redux, which is only like that because the illustrious Icecreamassasin got his hands on it...have you gentlemen heard anything in the wind from him about a port? If someone decides to take the dive and make a step guide for SSE I will be more comfortable switching as I am very aware on a technical level of the differences and capabilities between oldrim and sse Edited by Gilgamesh2k5

Well shiiiiiit.....I stand corrected that is quite a large mod list with some very well known mods...I have to say I might make the switch however conflict res and patching abilities are novice at best..I am not a noob to the tools and other intricacies of modding, but those two require the biggest time sync. I have been playing with LoTD since its inception bacj in the day as the Gallery...It is so integral and intricately weaved into the world that I dont know if I can play without it..I am such an OCD completionist..only other mod that came close as far as display and sort abilities is Druids Den Redux, which is only like that because the illustrious Icecreamassasin got his hands on it...have you gentlemen heard anything in the wind from him about a port? If someone decides to take the dive and make a step guide for SSE I will be more comfortable switching as I am very aware on a technical level of the differences and capabilities between oldrim and sse

After I finish completing my Morroblivion with FCOM Convergence guide, I will be happy to assist with a new SSE guide. My guide is moving slowly though, so it may take me a couple of months. 

filter or no filter the brain fills quite fast the missing words  :lol:

Ya even for me that as Portuguese as first language i know what a **** it means. sry. About sse modding its better tham oldrim for me now, stable game no ctd, very good combat mods so you can have a challenge game. Im using AAE ultimate, Skytest, Wildcat, Ordinator, Imperious Race of skyrim, Mortal enemy, realistic melee range, skyrim unleved, MLU, thids made my game as hard as a requiem game, im level 30 and still vry challenging. All thanks to Paul, JD Smith, Neovalen, Darth M, Lex, Diana, Nozzer... all those crew from this website, and modders. 

I've never played Requiem before and I'm looking to try giving it a go, I've used the SRLE: LotD guide with a number of performance issues on my gtx 970. I want to give this a go before switching finally to SSE, since there'll likely never be SKSE64 this'll probably be my last chance to try Requiem. Does anyone use this guide with a gtx 970 and do you have any tips for keeping it somewhat performance friendly? with SRLE: LotD I stuck strictly with all 2k textures and still had some pretty bad stutter at times (but I think it may have been script lag). The city mods in particular concern me, but I did find someone back in january claiming to use this load order on a gtx 970 without any issues.