SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

I've never played Requiem before and I'm looking to try giving it a go, I've used the SRLE: LotD guide with a number of performance issues on my gtx 970. I want to give this a go before switching finally to SSE, since there'll likely never be SKSE64 this'll probably be my last chance to try Requiem. Does anyone use this guide with a gtx 970 and do you have any tips for keeping it somewhat performance friendly? with SRLE: LotD I stuck strictly with all 2k textures and still had some pretty bad stutter at times (but I think it may have been script lag). The city mods in particular concern me, but I did find someone back in january claiming to use this load order on a gtx 970 without any issues.

Diana do you have any info for him?  I believe you did extensive testing on some low end rigs?

I've never played Requiem before and I'm looking to try giving it a go, I've used the SRLE: LotD guide with a number of performance issues on my gtx 970. I want to give this a go before switching finally to SSE, since there'll likely never be SKSE64 this'll probably be my last chance to try Requiem. Does anyone use this guide with a gtx 970 and do you have any tips for keeping it somewhat performance friendly? with SRLE: LotD I stuck strictly with all 2k textures and still had some pretty bad stutter at times (but I think it may have been script lag). The city mods in particular concern me, but I did find someone back in january claiming to use this load order on a gtx 970 without any issues.

Grab my modlist.txt and DDSopt_Settings.docx. Look over my modlist to view the mods I installed and then if you need instructions on how to optimize with DDSopt, just follow them in the docx. At the end are a list of mods I was working with to see how well I could optimized them. Just ignore that list. The mods that end with "Optimized" in modlist.txt are the ones that worked for me. Be careful to review each file before replacing the textures, keep only the ones that were optimized properly.

Oh, and I had to modify the ECTV CR Patch because I only used a few of those mods. I'll share it with  you when you get that far if you need it. I'm not certain if I did it right because I haven't played the setup in a couple of months.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

Grab my modlist.txt and DDSopt_Settings.docx. Look over my modlist to view the mods I installed and then if you need instructions on how to optimize with DDSopt, just follow them in the docx. At the end are a list of mods I was working with to see how well I could optimized them. Just ignore that list. The mods that end with "Optimized" in modlist.txt are the ones that worked for me. Be careful to review each file before replacing the textures, keep only the ones that were optimized properly.

Oh, and I had to modify the ECTV CR Patch because I only used a few of those mods. I'll share it with  you when you get that far if you need it. I'm not certain if I did it right because I haven't played the setup in a couple of months.

Interesting! I will keep this on hand when I take the dive (hopefully in the next few days). When given the choice, were you able to stick with 2k textures or did you drop down to 1k for any? I notice the setup you used in this only had 2gb vram, that's quite low!

Interesting! I will keep this on hand when I take the dive (hopefully in the next few days). When given the choice, were you able to stick with 2k textures or did you drop down to 1k for any? I notice the setup you used in this only had 2gb vram, that's quite low!

I chose 2k options for everything I installed. The only textures I reduced to 1k were for exteriors.

Yes, we were running this setup from my laptop, and it actually performed well given the 2gb vram. There were only a few places where it seemed to stutter or lag really bad, running through the forest, during big battles, etc...

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

So I followed the guide and all went well. But I'm stuck at; 

Special Installation: Change Master(s) with Wrye Bash:

* Click on the targeted esp/esm file.
* In the Masters: (center pane on the right) right click on File and select Allow edit. (Click OK when the "Update Masters BETA" Warning pops up.)
* Right click on the esp/esm file that you wish to retarget and select Change to...
* Select the new Master esp/esm from the \Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data folder.
* Click Save at the bottom of the Masters: pane.

Special Installation: Change the Masters The following is only if you installed ECTV addions:

*retarget crpatch__ectv.esp from Settlements Expanded.esp to Settlements Expanded with Inns Merged.esp

It doesn't say what to change the masters to, any help would be awesome.

Ok I feel stupid, just realised the first bit;

Special Installation: Change Master(s) with Wrye Bash:

* In the Masters: (center pane on the right) right click on File and select Allow edit. (Click OK when the "Update Masters BETA" Warning pops up.)

* Right click on the esp/esm file that you wish to retarget and select Change to...

* Select the new Master esp/esm from the \Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data folder.

Is just explaining how you do it. Sorry for wasting your time Dragon, thanks for getting back to me though!

Ok I feel stupid, just realised the first bit;

Special Installation: Change Master(s) with Wrye Bash:

Is just explaining how you do it. Sorry for wasting your time Dragon, thanks for getting back to me though!

Paul not dragon I read your forum rank instead of your user name :turned:

One more thing when selecting plugins in merge plugins some are grayed out, which wasn't an issue till I got to;

ECTV

Only if you install ECTV additions.

Files to merge:

• Blues Skyrim.esp (ECTV - Dawn of Skyrim (Director's Cut))
  • JKs LITE - Cities.esp (ECTV - JKs Cities - Lite and SuperLite)
  • JKSLITE and DOS Directors - Patch.esp (ECTV - JKs LITE DoS Directors Cut Patch)
  • JKS Skaal Village.esp (ECTV - JKs Skaal Village)
  • ETaC - Dawnstar.esp (ECTV - ETaC - Modular)
  • ETaC - Falkreath.esp (ECTV - ETaC - Modular)
  • ETaC - Morthal.esp (ECTV - ETaC - Modular)
  • ETaC - Riverwood.esp (ECTV - ETaC - Modular)
  • ETaC - Rorikstead.esp (ECTV - ETaC - Modular)
  • ETaC - Winterhold.esp (ECTV - ETaC - Modular)
  • Immersive Orc Strongholds.esp (ECTV - ETaC - Modular)
  • Immersive Solstheim.esp (ECTV - ETaC - Modular)
  • Immersive Stonehills.esp (ECTV - ETaC - Modular)
  • Immersive Whiterun.esp (ECTV - ETaC - Modular)
  • ClefJ's Dragon Bridge.esp (ECTV - ClefJ's Dragon Bridge)
  • Skaal Village - Compatibility Version.esp (ECTV - Greater Skaal Village - Compatibility Version)
  • skycity3.esp (ECTV - SKY CITY - Markarth Rising)
  • Solitude Skyway.esp (ECTV - Solitude Skyway)
  • Blowing in the Wind - Dawn of Skyrim (Director's Cut) Patch.esp (ECTV - Blowing in the Wind Patches)
  • Blowing in the Wind - ETaC Complete Patch.esp (ECTV - Blowing in the Wind Patches)
  • Blowing in the Wind - ETaC Immersive Orc Strongholds Patch.esp (ECTV - Blowing in the Wind Patches)
  • Blowing in the Wind - ETaC Whiterun Exterior Market Patch.esp (ECTV - Blowing in the Wind Patches)
  • Blowing in the Wind - JK's Cities LITE Merged ALL Patch.esp (ECTV - Blowing in the Wind Patches)
  • Blowing in the Wind - JK's Skaal Village Patch.esp (ECTV - Blowing in the Wind Patches)
  • DBM - ETaC Complete Patch.esp (ECTV - DBM Patches)
  • DBM_Skyway_Patch.esp (ECTV - DBM Patches)  

One of the plugins (Blowing in the Wind - ETaC Complete Patch.esp) Is grayed out so i cant activate it. Am I doing something wrong? I did sort my load order before merging, per the instructions on the guide page.

Thanks

that esp needs a master change with Wrye Bash. There is info on how to do it on the guide.

Thanks for getting back to me, I can't find where it says to change the master? Just rechecked with CTRL+F and didn't get back any results