SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

For tech challenged guide junkies like myself there's a great merge plugins synopsis on pg 206 of the forum thread - thanks Johnnywatts!  

what I have always done is to create a new profile for each merge and only activate the mods required for said merge takes a bit long but I find it easier in the long run.

you can also use MO Categories but that again take time to setup might be a too techincal or you thou. 

For tech challenged guide junkies like myself there's a great merge plugins synopsis on pg 206 of the forum thread - thanks Johnnywatts!  

Following this solved my merge issues...  :clap:   On to the next stumbling block.  This guide is WAY above my paygrade but I'm dying to get REQ working with thie setup...  

I noticed that if I follow the instructions (top to bottom) I'll be creating the NSUTR merge effectively removing the master prometheus_no_snow_under_the_roof.esp that Settlement expanded - no snow under the roof patch.esp will need.   Do I get around that by temporarily making the prometheus_no_snow_under_the_roof.esp active(which was unticked following the NSUTR merge) in order to do the Settlements Expanded with Inns Merge?  

Following this solved my merge issues...  :clap:   On to the next stumbling block.  This guide is WAY above my paygrade but I'm dying to get REQ working with thie setup...  

I noticed that if I follow the instructions (top to bottom) I'll be creating the NSUTR merge effectively removing the master prometheus_no_snow_under_the_roof.esp that Settlement expanded - no snow under the roof patch.esp will need.   Do I get around that by temporarily making the prometheus_no_snow_under_the_roof.esp active(which was unticked following the NSUTR merge) in order to do the Settlements Expanded with Inns Merge?  

No you change the master; there should be instructions to use Wrye Bash for it.

No you change the master; there should be instructions to use Wrye Bash for it.

Thanks jdsmith2816, Learning something new every day with this guide.  So to be 100% clear if I named the merged NSUTR.esp for example and the former master is now buried in there,  I have to use Wrye to change the master in settlement expanded no snow under the roof patch.esp to NSUTR.esp ?  

Thanks jdsmith2816, Learning something new every day with this guide.  So to be 100% clear if I named the merged NSUTR.esp for example and the former master is now buried in there,  I have to use Wrye to change the master in settlement expanded no snow under the roof patch.esp to NSUTR.esp ?  

Yes.  In this case it's safe and intended.  That's not always the case. It just depends on if any of the records from the patch were renumbered during the merge.

Ok,  finally through in the install and merge part.  Just a couple of ? before I move on to the finish line!

1.  I noticed in the downloaded load order txt dated May 8 includedes Settlements Expanded.esp above Settlements Expanded with Inns Merged.esp

- In the Integration guide ECTV - Settlements Expanded was merged into ++++ECTV - Settlements Expanded with Inns Merged which means I'm deactivating 

that particular mod in the left pane which houses the Settlements Expanded.esp.    Is there a guide error?  Should I be keeping that particular mod ticked?

2.  Realistic HD Beverages.esp is in the load order but there is no installation of that mod in the guide.  I guess it was removed last minute or erroneously excluded from the guide?

If it's ok to have in there what section would I have it in the left hand pane ?  

almost there !  Thanks

Ok,  finally through in the install and merge part.  Just a couple of ? before I move on to the finish line!

1.  I noticed in the downloaded load order txt dated May 8 includedes Settlements Expanded.esp above Settlements Expanded with Inns Merged.esp

- In the Integration guide ECTV - Settlements Expanded was merged into ++++ECTV - Settlements Expanded with Inns Merged which means I'm deactivating 

that particular mod in the left pane which houses the Settlements Expanded.esp.    Is there a guide error?  Should I be keeping that particular mod ticked?

2.  Realistic HD Beverages.esp is in the load order but there is no installation of that mod in the guide.  I guess it was removed last minute or erroneously excluded from the guide?

If it's ok to have in there what section would I have it in the left hand pane ?  

almost there !  Thanks

1. Not a problem, leave it deactivated and ignore it's presence in the mod list.

2. RHDB is installed as part of SMC guide.

Ok, I'm at the Legacy of the Dragonborn download part.  What would be my best option?

Legacy of the Dragonborn V18 Final Core

DBM_OfficialFix_Patch v1.16.5

And then the two Patch Central patches that were made for DBM_UnofficialFix_Patch v1.12

MAIN FILES - Legacy of the Dragonborn Patch Collection v18.12
OPTIONAL FILES - Optional Mod Patches for Legacy v18.8

or

Legacy of the Dragonborn version 19.1.0
Legacy of the Dragonborn 19.1.1 Update

plus the 2 patches from patch central.

Which would be better and what would I loose in either case?

Thx

wB8cJx4.png

h0XX14O.png

Hi all,  ok finally through with the guide and things went well with no errors that I saw (no additions, and no varying from the script).

I also compared the integration guide to mine and the load order.   The only variances are for the SMC additions I have yet to tackle.  

There are some issues I'm trying to troubleshoot though:

1. The pictures above represent extra lanterns being added.  In Rorikstead they seem to couple up with existing lanterns and the one 

in Solitude is floating.

2. My signs aren't "blowing in the wind"  

I'm game to try to figure these out myself but my skills are lacking.  Does anyone have any thoughts what the problems could be?   thanks  

Ok, I'm at the Legacy of the Dragonborn download part.  What would be my best option?

And then the two Patch Central patches that were made for DBM_UnofficialFix_Patch v1.12

or

Thx

Just go with the latest.  From what I remember most of the patching I did was for things that shouldn't really have changed between versions.. some balancing, moving a few random things around, etc.  Very little touched regarding quest records.  There may be some npc changes overwritten or something.. but I doubt it's anything even remotely game changing.  

wB8cJx4.png

h0XX14O.png

Hi all,  ok finally through with the guide and things went well with no errors that I saw (no additions, and no varying from the script).

I also compared the integration guide to mine and the load order.   The only variances are for the SMC additions I have yet to tackle.  

There are some issues I'm trying to troubleshoot though:

1. The pictures above represent extra lanterns being added.  In Rorikstead they seem to couple up with existing lanterns and the one 

in Solitude is floating.

2. My signs aren't "blowing in the wind"  

I'm game to try to figure these out myself but my skills are lacking.  Does anyone have any thoughts what the problems could be?   thanks  

Extra lanterns were caused by a mistake I made in the last patch I sent to diana.. I had swapped to a different setup of ectv to help someone with a custom merge and ended up sending her the wrong merged file.  I'm not in a position to fix it right now unfortunately so people will have to live with the doubled lamps for now or disable them via xedit/console.    Alternatively re-build the inns & settlements merge yourself but it requires extra steps in the CK that most people are unfamiliar with.

Edited by jdsmith2816

or

Thx

I don't know if I'm correct but I stuck with the latest/final V18.   I figured it's the closest in structure to the last updated patch the REQ guys put together.  V19 forwarded the latest USLEEP update I believe - I wasn't about to go digging around if an updated USLEEP will affect this guide.   

Just go with the latest.  From what I remember most of the patching I did was for things that shouldn't really have changed between versions.. some balancing, moving a few random things around, etc.  Very little touched regarding quest records.  There may be some npc changes overwritten or something.. but I doubt it's anything even remotely game changing.  

Extra lanterns were caused by a mistake I made in the last patch I sent to diana.. I had swapped to a different setup of ectv to help someone with a custom merge and ended up sending her the wrong merged file.  I'm not in a position to fix it right now unfortunately so people will have to live with the doubled lamps for now or disable them via xedit/console.    Alternatively re-build the inns & settlements merge yourself but it requires extra steps in the CK that most people are unfamiliar with.

Thanks JD no worries,  I'll see what I can do about zapping them via the console - always something new for me here lol  

Any thoughts on the lack of blowing signs?  Could it also be patch related or do I need to double check some of my merges (which all seemed to go off error free).