3502 replies to this topic

#3496 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:22 PM

For tech challenged guide junkies like myself there's a great merge plugins synopsis on pg 206 of the forum thread - thanks Johnnywatts!  

what I have always done is to create a new profile for each merge and only activate the mods required for said merge takes a bit long but I find it easier in the long run.

you can also use MO Categories but that again take time to setup might be a too techincal or you thou. 

#3497 Quahogs

Quahogs

Commander

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:51 PM

For tech challenged guide junkies like myself there's a great merge plugins synopsis on pg 206 of the forum thread - thanks Johnnywatts!  

Following this solved my merge issues...  :clap:   On to the next stumbling block.  This guide is WAY above my paygrade but I'm dying to get REQ working with thie setup...  

I noticed that if I follow the instructions (top to bottom) I'll be creating the NSUTR merge effectively removing the master prometheus_no_snow_under_the_roof.esp that Settlement expanded - no snow under the roof patch.esp will need.   Do I get around that by temporarily making the prometheus_no_snow_under_the_roof.esp active(which was unticked following the NSUTR merge) in order to do the Settlements Expanded with Inns Merge?  

#3498 jdsmith2816

jdsmith2816

Jarl

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:33 AM

Following this solved my merge issues...  :clap:   On to the next stumbling block.  This guide is WAY above my paygrade but I'm dying to get REQ working with thie setup...  

I noticed that if I follow the instructions (top to bottom) I'll be creating the NSUTR merge effectively removing the master prometheus_no_snow_under_the_roof.esp that Settlement expanded - no snow under the roof patch.esp will need.   Do I get around that by temporarily making the prometheus_no_snow_under_the_roof.esp active(which was unticked following the NSUTR merge) in order to do the Settlements Expanded with Inns Merge?  

No you change the master; there should be instructions to use Wrye Bash for it.

#3499 Quahogs

Quahogs

Commander

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:28 AM

No you change the master; there should be instructions to use Wrye Bash for it.

Thanks jdsmith2816, Learning something new every day with this guide.  So to be 100% clear if I named the merged NSUTR.esp for example and the former master is now buried in there,  I have to use Wrye to change the master in settlement expanded no snow under the roof patch.esp to NSUTR.esp ?  

#3500 jdsmith2816

jdsmith2816

Jarl

• Pack Authors
  • 808 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:07 PM

Thanks jdsmith2816, Learning something new every day with this guide.  So to be 100% clear if I named the merged NSUTR.esp for example and the former master is now buried in there,  I have to use Wrye to change the master in settlement expanded no snow under the roof patch.esp to NSUTR.esp ?  

Yes.  In this case it's safe and intended.  That's not always the case. It just depends on if any of the records from the patch were renumbered during the merge.

#3501 mcshame

mcshame

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:48 PM

Question, was it intended to use Crime Overhaul version 1.09 instead of 2.04?

#3502 jdsmith2816

jdsmith2816

Jarl

• Pack Authors
  • 808 posts

Posted Today, 01:16 AM

Question, was it intended to use Crime Overhaul version 1.09 instead of 2.04?

Just use the latest version.   I'd like to update the guide but I just don't have the time sorry.

#3503 mcshame

mcshame

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted Today, 05:37 AM

The reason I was asking is because some people were not happy with some of the changes in the Nexus posts, thought it could be intentional

Edited by mcshame, Today, 05:37 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pack, lotd, requiem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users