SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

Hello guys, long time since I write on this forums, I have been away trying other guides and other games... currently Shadow of War and Fallout New Vegas. But I soon will be back to Skyrim modding. Last time I tried SRLE LotD, but since I tried a requiem based build (Ultimate Skyrim) I can't stand the vanilla mechanics :D

I will start the requtified guide and I had this idea in my mind now than I have followed several guides... I want to implement some kind iof validation method in order to know if things are going ok with the build. So far the closest method is to check the pluging list and mod order to see if they are the same. However that alone doesn't assure you made the installation correctly , for example, that you installed the mod according and also applied the requiered patchs.

What I am thinking is some kind of "check integrity" like the one you use with steam to assure your Vanilla Skyrim installation is the standard one. I am thinking we can implement something like that with modded Skyrim.

I am not a programmer thought, but I think I have some creativity and with some help, we could build something useful. I found this article about how to archive something like that using powershell scripts:

www.winhelponline.com/blog/compare-two-directories-files-find-differences

I think we can build some kind of "base" installation for the guide and help to troubleshoot or to assure the installation of the pack are the same among all the users , at least for the initial base build, after that , everyone eventually start adding their own mods and tweaks.

I posted this here, because I really admire how user friendly and empahsys on detail this guide is. I would like to start working in this idea or at least inspire others with more knowledge in programming to implement it.

Thanks in advance for reading all this, I hope you like the idea.

Excuse my poor English, Spanish is my nativd language

Hi guys,

Great walkthrough, which I installed on my old rig a while back and it ran pretty close to perfect.  Just reinstalled on my new rig and I got through the installation process unhindered and to the intro screen and past character creation and dropped into the world by Skyrim unbound.  However, once i tried to load my next area, whether entering a shop or exiting into skyrim I get a CTD.  From my browsing on the forum it looks like this may be ENB configuration issue.

I am running Windows 10 with the Fall creators update and I have a 1080 GC so I do not think I am running into memory issues but I guess that could be the case.  I would love any advice on getting this working, really hope I don't have to re-do the guide.

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

hello all 

I've come back to Skyrim in the last month after seeing the legacy of the Dragonborn mod and thought hey that looks good now I haven't played Skyrim for years the last time I played was when the S.T.E.P guide was still relatively new.

I've currently just finished going through the YASHed guide for the second time the first time everything worked fine but for some reason this run I seem to be getting CTD when starting a new game.

I have no issues creating a new character however after waiting for all the mcm menus to load shortly after it will crash 

on checking the minidump created from SKSE with osronline I get the ExceptionAddress: 005086fd (TESV+0x001086fd)   

when checking the id with TES5edit it points to 

[00] Skyrim.esm \ Worldspace \ 0000003C <Tamriel> \ Block 0, 1 \ Sub-Block 0, 4 \ 00003949 \ Temporary \ 001086FD

which appears to be a navigation mesh

after doing a google search I could only find one reference to the error posted on loverslab by the user nafeasonto but couldn't find a solution

if I'm correct then the error is referring to a conflict a conflict I could be wrong

I have no issue with the reqtified guide would just like to try and play with something other then requiem or skyre 

any help would be greatly appreciated 

Hello. I have error with reqtificator 

exeption java.lang.NullPointerException

It occurs every time when i trying to run reqtificator with imp_helm_legend.esp activated. Without imp_helm_legend.esp (and plugins that uses it as master) reqtificator runs okay. 

Imp_helm_legend.esp - is renamed ICH Merged.esp (as suggested in guide), result of merging Imp_helm_legend.esp (from WAF Replacer mod from guide), ICH - Konahriks Accoutrements Patch.espICH - Legacy of the Dragonborn Patch.esp (both from Improved Closedfaced Helmets - PATCHES v1 mod).

When merging these plugins there is an error in ICH - Legacy of the Dragonborn Patch.esp in MergePlugin.

In SRLE LOTD (not reqtified) guide there is replacement plugin for ICH - Legacy of the Dragonborn Patch.esp, which don't throw error in MergePlugin. Created merged plugin Imp_helm_legend.esp (renamed ICH Merged.esp) with that replacement plugin work fine with reqtificator.

My question: can i use ICH - Legacy of the Dragonborn Patch.esp replacement file from SRLE LOTD Guide in Reqtified Build?

The problems i faced during installation and their solutions. I installed everything from guide, including optionals (without beautification step). Used newest mods version when possible (eg i used LOTD v19.21 and latest patches), some patches shown in guide was not available for new mods versions (eg sofia lotd patch) so i just move on without those patches. 

First problem was with reqtificator. It throws an exception 

java.lang.NullPointerException

Problem solved by rebuilding from scratch merge ++++ ICH Merged ​https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Paul666root/SRLE_LOTD_Reqtified/SRLE_LOTD_Reqtified_Merges_Page#ICH_-_Improved_Closefaced_Helmets with replacement esp ICH - Legacy of the Dragonborn Patch.esp  from SRLE LOTD guide 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkj6iebvcrwl7kc/ICH%20-%20Legacy%20of%20The%20Dragonborn.7z?dl=0

Instant crash on save. Solution: load CRpatch.esp in xEdit, check for errors, and delete only 3 "DX........." records shown in message tab.

Flying and doubled lanterns, causing by ECTV Merged.esp (replacement esp downloaded in ECTV merging section of guide https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Paul666root/SRLE_LOTD_Reqtified/SRLE_LOTD_Reqtified_Merges_Page#ECTV). Solution - remove unwanted lanterns records in xEdit in Ectv merged.esp. I believe its very bad way to solve this kind of problems. Will share my esp (if its ok) if someone needs it, just pm me.

In Shortstone there was two INNs in one place, one from Settlement Expanded mod, and one from Arthmore's Shorstone. Delete records from Settlement expanded inn. 

Beside these problems guide seems to work just fine. 

Edited by Gaghar
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi I am going to start modding skyrim according to this guide but there is one thing that bothers me.

Can I use an ENB other than Phinix ENB, like Tetrachromatic.

Thank You.

In theory there is nothing stopping you from using any ENB you like. ENBs don't care what Skyrim build you use.

The only issues that may crop up is if the ENB you use is friendly towards whatever lighting mod you already have. e.g., some ENBs don't like ELFX, in the sense that it makes things way too dark or too bright.

In theory there is nothing stopping you from using any ENB you like. ENBs don't care what Skyrim build you use.

The only issues that may crop up is if the ENB you use is friendly towards whatever lighting mod you already have. e.g., some ENBs don't like ELFX, in the sense that it makes things way too dark or too bright.

Yeah thats exactly what Im trying to learn. Is this guide compatible with another enb.