3573 replies to this topic

#3571 johanlh

johanlh

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:41 PM

Hello guys, long time since I write on this forums, I have been away trying other guides and other games... currently Shadow of War and Fallout New Vegas. But I soon will be back to Skyrim modding. Last time I tried SRLE LotD, but since I tried a requiem based build (Ultimate Skyrim) I can't stand the vanilla mechanics :D

I will start the requtified guide and I had this idea in my mind now than I have followed several guides... I want to implement some kind iof validation method in order to know if things are going ok with the build. So far the closest method is to check the pluging list and mod order to see if they are the same. However that alone doesn't assure you made the installation correctly , for example, that you installed the mod according and also applied the requiered patchs.

What I am thinking is some kind of "check integrity" like the one you use with steam to assure your Vanilla Skyrim installation is the standard one. I am thinking we can implement something like that with modded Skyrim.

I am not a programmer thought, but I think I have some creativity and with some help, we could build something useful. I found this article about how to archive something like that using powershell scripts:

www.winhelponline.com/blog/compare-two-directories-files-find-differences

I think we can build some kind of "base" installation for the guide and help to troubleshoot or to assure the installation of the pack are the same among all the users , at least for the initial base build, after that , everyone eventually start adding their own mods and tweaks.

I posted this here, because I really admire how user friendly and empahsys on detail this guide is. I would like to start working in this idea or at least inspire others with more knowledge in programming to implement it.

Thanks in advance for reading all this, I hope you like the idea.

Excuse my poor English, Spanish is my nativd language

#3572 rdp4life

rdp4life

Prisoner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:01 PM

I'm running through the all YASH'd up guide, when I get to the HUD - Atlas Map Makers -Patches section, I can't find the recommended patches in either the CORE or OPTIONAL pack.

#3573 rdp4life

rdp4life

Prisoner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:44 PM

I'm running through the all YASH'd up guide, when I get to the HUD - Atlas Map Makers -Patches section, I can't find the recommended patches in either the CORE or OPTIONAL pack.

Never mind. The Dropbox link in the second sticky has it (and probably a bunch of other missing stuff). I didn't realize that's what the sticky was referring to.

#3574 Chrisg520

Chrisg520

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:31 AM

Hi guys,

Great walkthrough, which I installed on my old rig a while back and it ran pretty close to perfect.  Just reinstalled on my new rig and I got through the installation process unhindered and to the intro screen and past character creation and dropped into the world by Skyrim unbound.  However, once i tried to load my next area, whether entering a shop or exiting into skyrim I get a CTD.  From my browsing on the forum it looks like this may be ENB configuration issue.

I am running Windows 10 with the Fall creators update and I have a 1080 GC so I do not think I am running into memory issues but I guess that could be the case.  I would love any advice on getting this working, really hope I don't have to re-do the guide.

Thanks in advance!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pack, lotd, requiem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users