Skyrim Revisted: Legendary/Special Edition Question

So...

https://techraptor.net/content/skyui-not-in-the-works-for-skyrim-special-edition

It sounds like he's okay if someone else wants to do the work, but give him the credit for porting SkyUI. There have already been a couple people who posted their own partial ports without his permission that were immediately removed.

----

It also sounds like Boris is having issues even getting Skyrim:SE to run and hasn't decided if he even wants to mess with it. Apparently, the Fallout 4 ENB was a whole heck of a lot of work for him due to lack of workaround options.

So on the one hand, he's cool with people porting it, but on the other, people who did port it got their uploads removed?

Wat.

So on the one hand, he's cool with people porting it, but on the other, people who did port it got their uploads removed?

Wat.

No. What he's cool with is for people to do the work, submit it to him so he can post it himself, presumably with some credit for said person(s). That's a quantum different than some joker just posting it willy-nilly and not getting his permissions to do so.

No. What he's cool with is for people to do the work, submit it to him so he can post it himself, presumably with some credit for said person(s). That's a quantum different than some joker just posting it willy-nilly and not getting his permissions to do so.

sorry for nitpicking, but a quantum difference is actually very small :)

I wish one of the devs who did the Skyrim port to the updated engine would just stealthily hand a list of entry point memory addresses for SKSE and ENB guys to use... hooking is much easier with prior knowledge.

personally i think i was massive oversight for Bethesda not to have approached them sooner knowing that so many mods depend on SKSE but then again Bethesa doesn't really know nor really cares what goes on in the modding community.

Agreed: as can be evidenced by them not even spending 5 minutes to merge in the unofficial mod fixes for this version. Its actually to their detriment though, if SKSE functionality, SkyUI, Unofficial Patch, and SMIM would have simply been integrated into the base game, they would have been given rave reviews about how awesome Bethesda is for this re-release.

Agreed: as can be evidenced by them not even spending 5 minutes to merge in the unofficial mod fixes for this version. Its actually to their detriment though, if SKSE functionality, SkyUI, Unofficial Patch, and SMIM would have simply been integrated into the base game, they would have been given rave reviews about how awesome Bethesda is for this re-release.

yeah then basically everyone could have drop the old 32 bit version day one but instead we have to wait around for several months for the SKSE guys to do there thing then a pray and hope someone picks up and converts SkyUI (and not dick about a just upload it which will get it pulled).

I figured someone might notice... I'm starting on it slowly. Haven't decided exactly how I'm going to manage it yet (Nmm, Wrye, etc.)... wish the new MO replacement NMM was ready already... lol.

Gonna be hell without it... plus ofc all the new retesting for the SSE versions of mods.

• +1 1

I figured someone might notice... I'm starting on it slowly. Haven't decided exactly how I'm going to manage it yet (Nmm, Wrye, etc.)... wish the new MO replacement NMM was ready already... lol.

Gonna be hell without it... plus ofc all the new retesting for the SSE versions of mods.

Ahah sorry i didn't wanted to spoil it, but it was to much to keep it myself!

As big fan of MO i feel your pain, i really hope Tannin and the Nexus Team will implement some very handy feautures of the old MO in the new NMM (bsa extractor, etc).

Personally i hope you not going with Wrye to install mods, dont get me wrong, it's an amazing tool essential, but i think the mod installation is not really user friendly, and will make lot of "neophites" (newbs) give up on follow the guide. 

Said that, take your time, no hurry, im enjoying my personal 40 mod setup right now.

It's already great to know you are planning to work on it, considering the overwelming amount of work/time it takes