Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD 2.18

sheson

Question

DynDOLOD 2.18 condensed update post

What’s New?

This is a simple maintenance update to address a bug and add updates for a couple mods.

See Full update post for 2.xx update instructions

Some Assembly Required

Caranthir Tower Reborn - DynDOLOD Resources contains an optimized full model of the tower for a little bit more performance friendly Neverfade LOD. Mesh rules also add LOD for the stone dragon and the portal building.

Optional: to sync concealing/revealing the tower from far distances install and overwrite the two original scripts with the ones from DynDOLOD Patches.

Verified working out of the box - included rules

Trollstigen

Verified working out of the box - added/updated meshes and/or textures

Killian Castle

Lyngwi - A Nordic Village

Fixes include

Fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees by Monobloc

[spoiler=Changelog DynDOLOD 2.18]DynDOLOD.exe - fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees

DynDOLOD.exe - add the worldspace Master as activate parent for Never Fade LOD/Full LOD objects

DynDOLOD.exe - set VWD on original base records used for dynamic LOD only as well

TexGen.exe - sync updates with DynDOLOD.exe

TexGen.exe - fixed generation of dlc01castlefortlod.dds

TexGen.exe - generation for impwood01lod.dds

Papyrus Scripts - activate worldspace Master in case the activate all function is called

DynDOLOD_Manual.html - updated compatibility information for several mods

DynDOLOD Resources - updated/added meshes/textures for better compatibility with mods

DynDOLOD Patches - added script patches for Caranthir Tower Reborn

See Full update post for full changelog, fully detailed update instructions and updated compatibility information for Skryim mods.

DynDOLOD 2.17

Hmm Just coc-ed whiterun with proper lod settings (ultra ones) no change at all.

I'm using the SRLE extended LOTD guide : User:Darth mathias/SRLE Extended Legacy of The Dragonborn - S.T.E.P. Project Wiki

It uses EVT as the main tree mod, but recently they did a huge landscape change with a merge of several tree mods, and lods are generated through hishutup's relinker, could it be the root of the issue with missing lod8/16 ?

Edited by Monobloc

Hmm Just coc-ed whiterun with proper lod settings (ultra ones) no change at all.

I'm using the SRLE extended LOTD guide : User:Darth mathias/SRLE Extended Legacy of The Dragonborn - S.T.E.P. Project Wiki

It uses EVT as the main tree mod, but recently they did a huge landscape change with a merge of several tree mods, and lods are generated through hishutup's relinker, could it be the root of the issue with missing lod8/16 ?

So it is not vanilla tree LOD after all but ultra tree LOD using static object LOD.

Nothing but DynDOLOD/TES5LODGen generates LOD. Relinker may rename billboard tree LOD files which are needed to generate LOD.

I have to guess then that the billboards are not found because the mod name/ form id for the tree base records changed. Still could be wrong mesh rule for 'tree' not setting Billboard for LOD8/16, but that fixes itself if you hit low/medium/high button.

The log may give clues. If you generate vanilla tree LOD, the log will have a nice list of found/missing billboards for sure.

Edited by sheson

I don't use ultra trees for the moment (I used to but I'm checking to improve my performance)

Hmm the log shows there are barely any level 8/16 lods coords, mostly 4.

It's odd because even with medium (so all billboards for tree rule) only the lod4 are present.

I don't use ultra trees for the moment (I used to but I'm checking to improve my performance)

Hmm the log shows there are barely any level 8/16 lods coords, mostly 4.

It's odd because even with medium (so all billboards for tree rule) only the lod4 are present.

Oh boy. Are you sure when you generated LOD that "Generate tree LOD" box was checked?

Vanilla tree LOD has no such thing as LOD level 8 or 16. Vanilla tree LOD only has LOD level 4 which draws LOD trees all the way to fTreeLoadDistance

Vanilla tree LOD does not use mesh rules. Only tree references that can not be done with vanilla tree LOD for technical reason are done as static object LOD.

Because vanilla tree LOD does not use mesh rules it makes no difference if using low/medium/high mesh rules. This will only affect aforementioned tree references that can not be done as vanilla tree LOD.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

So evt trees counts as vanilla tree LOD hmm.

Does it mean I must use ultra trees to have proper lod 8/16 trees like before ?

Well alright, got it now.

Sorry sheson that  you have to deal with the stupidity itself (me).

EVT supports both vanilla or ultra trees. If go with default TreeLOD=1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5.ini and check "Generate tree LOD" in advance option then it is vanilla tree LOD.

If you go with TreeLOD=0 and "Generate tree LOD" unchecked then trees are done as stati cobject LOD.

Hi Sheson

Latest .18 version seems to be locking up on me, so much it needed Task Manager to close it down

YOvewvo.jpg

9l64sBo.jpg

I left it for 10 minutes in that state, but no further activity ( CPU or Hard drive ) was seen

Maybe / may not be important .. but will mention in case :

I have updated Win 10 x 64 to the Anniversary version 1607 since last I used DynDOLOD

Hi Sheson

Latest .18 version seems to be locking up on me, so much it needed Task Manager to close it down

YOvewvo.jpg

9l64sBo.jpg

I left it for 10 minutes in that state, but no further activity ( CPU or Hard drive ) was seen

Maybe / may not be important .. but will mention in case :

I have updated Win 10 x 64 to the Anniversary version 1607 since last I used DynDOLOD

But from Win 10 to Win 10 right? That part of code did not change from 2.17 I think, need to have a look. Anyhow, set FasterBase=0 in ini if it happens again and see if it goes through.

Edited by sheson

Yep win 10 to win 10

And with the setting Fasterbase=0 it runs to completion no problems

LIRmye4.jpg

:thumbsup:

Edit : Forgot to mention this is still on my Core I7 laptop ( same as used for testing on AFK Mods )

I wonder if you could test with 2.17 and fasterbase=1 to see if it also does that.

Only of course if you can replicate consistently with 2.18

I'm now back on shift at work so will be unable to for a while, but I did have .17 installed prior to .18, and was using that without changing the ini at all - So I presume that was set also by default at Fasterbase=1 ?, if that was the case then yes that was fine.

Hello!

I've recently installed your latest version of DynDOLOD, followed all the instructions on GamerPoet's video to the letter, but I end up with a couple of problems...

I seem to always get a few purple/blue textures in my LOD's... Never in the actual texture when I come close to it, but only on the LOD itself. I've tried changing overwrites and regenerating the LOD's multiple times on multiple settings but nothing changed.

In addition, I also think I seem to have the tree LOD's not the correct color / they're not all there. For example, I'd have 3 LOD's for trees, but when I get closer to it, 6 trees pop up.

Honestly, the purple/blue textures are the thing I'd like to try to fix the most because they're incredibly game breaking.

I'll provide screenshots & my load order. Please, if there are any more information you need me to give you, so that it may help you assist me, just let me know.

Load order(LOOT handled): https://pastebin.com/KcrhbqRd

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/GIhX8

One last thing, I can't seem to find DynDOLOD in the MCM menu when I load the game. I can find other mods just fine, so it's not a problem with my plugins or SKSE or the such, as far as I know.

Perhaps it could be the reason I am having this problem in the first place? I don't know.

Many thanks in advance!

Hello!

I've recently installed your latest version of DynDOLOD, followed all the instructions on GamerPoet's video to the letter, but I end up with a couple of problems...

I seem to always get a few purple/blue textures in my LOD's... Never in the actual texture when I come close to it, but only on the LOD itself. I've tried changing overwrites and regenerating the LOD's multiple times on multiple settings but nothing changed.

In addition, I also think I seem to have the tree LOD's not the correct color / they're not all there. For example, I'd have 3 LOD's for trees, but when I get closer to it, 6 trees pop up.

Honestly, the purple/blue textures are the thing I'd like to try to fix the most because they're incredibly game breaking.

I'll provide screenshots & my load order. Please, if there are any more information you need me to give you, so that it may help you assist me, just let me know.

Load order(LOOT handled): https://pastebin.com/KcrhbqRd

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/GIhX8

One last thing, I can't seem to find DynDOLOD in the MCM menu when I load the game. I can find other mods just fine, so it's not a problem with my plugins or SKSE or the such, as far as I know.

Perhaps it could be the reason I am having this problem in the first place? I don't know.

Many thanks in advance!

Purple textures are file not errors. Check that all DynDOLOD Resource Core Files are installed.

For example if DynDOLOD.esp is part of the load order but the MCM menu is not showing, then the scripts from core files might be missing.

Missing models for the Whiterun castle suggest the meshes are not installed. The missing textures suggest the textures are not installed.

Check the ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\TES5Edit_log.txt for complains about missing textures when the texture atlas is build.

Also check the log that all BSAs are loaded, especially the Skyrim - Meshes.bsa and Skyrim - Textures.bsa. Running TexGen before DynDOLOD will help identifying such errors.

Are you trying to generate ultra tree LODs? It would be probably better to first generate everything including vanilla tree LODs successfully before doing that.

Make sure to install vanilla billboards and then billboards for any tree mod you might have. Check the notes in the ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\TES5Edit_log.txt about the billboards when it generates tree LOD. It is normal for bush, shrub etc to not have billboards, but pines, aspen etc should have files installed.

Remove SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.esp as it is not needed anymore.

I'm now back on shift at work so will be unable to for a while, but I did have .17 installed prior to .18, and was using that without changing the ini at all - So I presume that was set also by default at Fasterbase=1 ?, if that was the case then yes that was fine.

Yes. I am wondering if it is fine with the same windows update and the exact same load order.

Edited by sheson

Quick question sheson.

Let's say I have this in my load order.

1 - Custom Placed Trees Megapatch

2 - EVT

The first tamrieltreelod.dds is big, it has lot and lot tree lods.

The second has a few lod trees and overwrites the first.

When running dyndolod with that in mind, it's normal the first mod lod trees are not showing in game right ?

Quick question sheson.

Let's say I have this in my load order.

1 - Custom Placed Trees Megapatch

2 - EVT

The first tamrieltreelod.dds is big, it has lot and lot tree lods.

The second has a few lod trees and overwrites the first.

When running dyndolod with that in mind, it's normal the first mod lod trees are not showing in game right ?

Existing tamrieltreelod.dds does not matter. You need to install a billboard for every tree base record that you want to have LOD for.

You only require billboards for plugins that add or update tree base records.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1