Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD v2.16

sheson

Question

DynDOLOD 2.16 condensed update post - See Full update post

Slightly changed update instructions:

Remove DynDOLOD Resources Core Files Textures (or simply all files) if updating Core Files from an older version to a newer DynDOLOD Resources.

All other update instructions are still the same, so please refer to the full update post if updating from older versions.

Changes in generation instructions

Whenever running TexGen.exe it is now recommended to first remove earlier generated LOD textures for best results. TexGen.exe will prompt a self-explanatory message if it finds older files so you I do not accidentally forget.

More Ultra Trees available

There are now additional ultra trees included in DynDOLOD Resources Core Files for Realistic Aspen Trees and Enhanced Landscapes Oaks installation option and Enhanced Landscapes Oaks Standalone courtesy of kojak747. Also check out Enhanced Vanilla Trees from Some_Random_Guy_83  which now has ultra tree support. At lot of work goes into creating ultra trees, but as ultra tree users know, they are totally worth it. So please endorse and let authors know your appreciation if you use their ultra trees.

Refer to ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html for more information

Enderal

Check out some boring screenshots for HQ terrain, low, medium and high settings. The total conversion has much nicer views to offer, but I do not want to spoil your discoveries.

It is highly advised to have installed and successfully used DynDOLOD with Skyrim first, so below instructions can be applied to Enderal without confusion.

While Enderal has its own launcher, it is suggested to use a mod manager with a different profile to be able to setup, generate and use DynDOLOD safely just like you would with Skyrim. As always, instructions are general and the user is expected to apply them to the mod manager of their choice.

Enderal ships with SKSE and PapyrusUtil 2.8. DynDOLOD Papyrus scripts now work with any PapyrusUtil version >= 2.8, so there is no need to update PapyrusUtil.

Generating LOD with low preset could gain some FPS because a good number of Neverfades is converted to static LOD.

See ../DynDOLOD/Docs/DynDOLOD_Manual.html#13c Enderal section for more detailed instruction and a little bit more information.

The quick run down for experienced users:

• Install the DynDOLOD Resources 2.16 Core Files. If desired install Low-Res LOD Textures, Desync Birds of Prey or Giantfires Low from the optionals. Obviously do not install any of the other options intended for Skyrim.
  • install the Enderal LOD tree billboards from TES5LODGen overwriting the vanilla LOD tree billboards of your choice.
  • Install the optional HQ terrain LOD from DynDOLOD Patches. It is not required. It's performance impact should be minimal / non-existent on modern hardware. You should do this before generating LOD with DynDOLOD.
  • Run TexGen.exe and install output as normal.
  • Run DynDOLOD.exe and install output as normal.

Ich rauch' jetzt erstmal eine schöne Pfeife Friedenskraut. Wenn das Zeug nur nicht so teuer wäre.

See Full update post for full changelog, fully detailed update instructions and updated compatibility information for Skyrim mods.

I'm getting an error saying that a master, DynDOLOD.esp is missing.  Looking at my plugins, I don't have DynDOLOD.esp.

I don't get the save and exit that generates the .esp.  An error, saying that the .esp is missing, at the end, prevents the archive from generating the .esp. (I put it on medium detail and clicked all the boxes GP advised to click in the texgen exe.)

The exact error:

Exception in unit process line 162: FormID [0154AD21] references a master which is not available in file [C3] DynDOLOD.esp

Let me copy and paste the relevant lines from the log:

[00:15:44.003] There is a problem in RBB Row Boats - Wyrmstooth.esp with WyrmstoothWorld "Wyrmstooth"[WRLD:14000D62] using [0154AD21] in Wyrmstooth.esp

[00:15:43.481] [DynDOLOD.esp] Adding master "RBB Row Boats - Wyrmstooth.esp"

[00:15:44.031] RBB Row Boats - Wyrmstooth.esp probably requires a different version of Wyrmstooth.esp

[00:15:44.064]

[00:15:44.064] Exception in unit process line 162: FormID [0154AD21] references a master which is not available in file [C7] DynDOLOD.esp

[00:15:44.064]

[00:15:44.064] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints.

The exception does not say that DynDOLOD.esp is missing. It says that a FormID is referencing a master that is not available in DynDOLOD.esp.

If you are generating from scratch, DynDOLOD.esp is created as you are looking at the process working.

Check your load order (not Skyrim or DLC) in TES5Edit for errors and fix them. After checking the hints above the exception, especially check for errors in RBB Row Boats - Wyrmstooth.esp.

This video might help

Edited by sheson

The exception does not say that DynDOLOD.esp is missing. It says that a FormID is referencing a master that is not available in DynDOLOD.esp.

If you are generating from scratch, DynDOLOD.esp is created as you are looking at the process working.

Check your load order (not Skyrim or DLC) in TES5Edit for errors and fix them. After checking the hints above the exception, especially check for errors in RBB Row Boats - Wyrmstooth.esp.

This video might help

oh, I'll fix RBB WT as I have been putting it off for ages

Greetings almighty Sheson the dragon prince, i have spent the past 7 hours learning to use your mod for the first time and can say it has been an experience. While It seems everything has been going well there are still a few problems that I cannot seem to solve by searching through the manual, faq or others tutorials such as Gamerpoets. The problems I appear to be having are in regarding to tree textures cut in half and Dragonsreach wooden textures not loading as seen in these images. (https://imgur.com/a/dKP7v)

If you can help me out with this i shall promise you two copper pieces 

Aso heres my modlist.

https://www.modwat.ch/u/Zefron

This video might help

The problem is, the error pops up before I can save.  The .esp never gets generated.  I have looked through M.O. plugins and looked in the folders.  There is no .esp being generated period.  If your saying that it isn't being generated because of an error, I'm unsure how to find errors using TES5Edit.  I use it to remove dirty edits that I find in Loot.  That is about the extent I have with Tes.  Can you point me to how?

The problem is, the error pops up before I can save.  The .esp never gets generated.  I have looked through M.O. plugins and looked in the folders.  There is no .esp being generated period.  If your saying that it isn't being generated because of an error, I'm unsure how to find errors using TES5Edit.  I use it to remove dirty edits that I find in Loot.  That is about the extent I have with Tes.  Can you point me to how?

Hishutup has fixed the errors with the Wyrmstooth plugin for Realistic Boat Bobbing. Download the hotfix from the RBB page under "Updates". This should fix the issue.

Greetings almighty Sheson the dragon prince, i have spent the past 7 hours learning to use your mod for the first time and can say it has been an experience. While It seems everything has been going well there are still a few problems that I cannot seem to solve by searching through the manual, faq or others tutorials such as Gamerpoets. The problems I appear to be having are in regarding to tree textures cut in half and Dragonsreach wooden textures not loading as seen in these images. (https://imgur.com/a/dKP7v)

If you can help me out with this i shall promise you two copper pieces 

Aso heres my modlist.

https://www.modwat.ch/u/Zefron

From the FAQ: Tree LOD: LOD trees textures cut off mid-way

A: Verify that the tree texture atlas Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds and the tree LOD in Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\*.* are the ones from the output folder and none of the files are overwritten by other mods. The tree texture atlas like Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds does not belong to the generated tree LOD in Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\*.*. Keep generated files in sync.

Check those files in right side data tab of MO. I would assume the missing Dragonreach error is related to the cause of the tree LOD that error or you generated static LOD with ChildWorlds= and Ignore= already commented out in the ini.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

From the FAQ: Tree LOD: LOD trees textures cut off mid-way

A: Verify that the tree texture atlas Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds and the tree LOD in Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\*.* are the ones from the output folder and none of the files are overwritten by other mods. The tree texture atlas like Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds does not belong to the generated tree LOD in Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\*.*. Keep generated files in sync.

Check those files in right side data tab of MO. I would assume the missing Dragonreach error is related to the cause of the tree LOD that error or you generated static LOD with ChildWorlds= and Ignore= already commented out in the ini.

Kk so yup turns out that the files were been over written and that has alleviated the trees issue but still not the Whiterun issue, and im not to sure what you mean by "you generated static LOD with ChildWorlds= and Ignore= already commented out in the ini." can you please explain that part?

I always get an access violation error while running DynDOLOD.exe, but the TexGen.exe worked fine. I already restarted my PC and tried to make an exception for my antivirus, but nothing seems to help...

My log is too big 700 KB+ to upload, but i´ll shrink it down to the important parts (in hope of cutting off nothing important...)

TES5Edit_log.txt

Edited by Bohnenkartoffel

Kk so yup turns out that the files were been over written and that has alleviated the trees issue but still not the Whiterun issue, and im not to sure what you mean by "you generated static LOD with ChildWorlds= and Ignore= already commented out in the ini." can you please explain that part?

You have Open Cities Skyrim in the load order and probably generated static object LOD again after you removed ChildWorlds= and Ignore= from ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5.ini for the second pass when you are supposed to uncheck generate static and tree LOD.

Restore the default ini from the archive and generate static and tree LOD without Open Cities Skyrim in the load order and the building should be complete.

Edited by sheson

I always get an access violation error while running DynDOLOD.exe, but the TexGen.exe worked fine. I already restarted my PC and tried to make an exception for my antivirus, but nothing seems to help...

My log is too big 700 KB+ to upload, but i´ll shrink it down to the important parts (in hope of cutting off nothing important...)

For some unknown reason it says I have no permission to access the attached file. Post it to pastebin or upload to sme 3rdparty website.

Edited by sheson

Can you check out this mod (Skyrim Landscape Overhaul - Stone Walls) and see what steps, if any, are needed to get the LOD stone walls to appear like the normal version?  My LOD on medium settings shows the original white-ish model.

Depending on the installation options this mod would require its own LOD meshes and/or textures.

A quick and simple fix that might be just good enough would be to darken the pre-rendered LOD texture ..\Textures\lod\stonewall01mixlod.dds included in DynDOLOD Resources - Core Files. This will affect the LOD for terraces as well, but still not match the different type of cut stones.

Alternatively darken the LOD nifs for these one by one by adjusting their vertex colors.

Depending on the installation options this mod would require its own LOD meshes and/or textures.

A quick and simple fix that might be just good enough would be to darken the pre-rendered LOD texture ..\Textures\lod\stonewall01mixlod.dds included in DynDOLOD Resources - Core Files. This will affect the LOD for terraces as well, but still not match the different type of cut stones.

Alternatively darken the LOD nifs for these one by one by adjusting their vertex colors.

I ended up taking that mod's full models and copying them to the lod folder and renaming them to match the lod names then set that mod to overwrite the DynDOLOD Resource files.  Seems to be working so far.  Probably not as processing friendly as using a lower poly model with a lower res texture but it gets the job done.