Windows Update Getting Stuck

Question

Has anyone have any experience with getting W10 to actually update and not get stuck on X percentage while updating?

I still don't have the Anniversary Update because I have been trying every now and again for a few months to get it to install, but it always gets stuck.

Having looked on the internet, it seems like I am not the only one with this problem, and I have tried every little (perhaps stupid) thing that has been suggested. I tried mounting to an ISO, Windows Update and the downloadable installation program from MS.

Today I set it going from 6am and when I came home at 4:30 it was stuck at 91%. I tried it again at 5pm and it seemed to get stuck at 82% a few hours later. The only thing I can think of doing is leaving it all night and day.

I can't recall this ever happening with any other versions of Windows, but apparently it does. Maybe it's because this update is rather large?

Edit: Trying ISO again because the update manager from MS just cancels itself now and Windows Update can't find any new updates at all. W10 is just horrible.

Edited by Guest

2 answers to this question

Okay, the thing that worked for me was to grab an official MS ISO that some server admin uploaded to a torrent site. Not sure if that is in anyway related, but it just worked first try. I'm a bit confused myself.