Need help with ENB launcher crash (Read details)

Tappei

Question

Yea yea my launcher crashes when I use ENB and I hate it...

Well heres bit infromation

- My computer can handle ENB! How do i know? I used ENB year ago then I reinstalled skyrim and played but now it doesn't work

- I use Windows 10 (ENB works fine with w10 tried with friends PC)

- I use SKSE (steam)

- I have installed DirectX Runtime

- I run skyrim launcher as administrator

- I have set compatibilty mode windows 8 (there is no w10 mode)

- Launcher works fine without ENB

- I have installed ENB properly

- I have updated everything rly EVERYHING O.O

Well if anybody knows how to fix this... tell me I really need help :)

3 answers to this question

Created an account to add to this.

Im having the same problem. Just recently re-installed. 

Specs: Windows 7 GTX 970 8GB RAM

Game works fine all the way up until i add d3d9.dll into my game directory. I know it to be the dll simply because skyrim

works fine before i add the files from whatever binary i choose. Its been consistent with each binary from 266 all the way up

to the current 308. Yes ive tried the injector version. Same mess. 

I should say the error code is 0xc0000005. Ive researched this as well. Not too much info aside from registry corruption and other seemingly irrelevant problems.

Ive cleaned my dll files/registry as best i can via cc cleaner. Hell, i even tried changing some HKEY values in regedit to trick DirectX into thinking it needed to be redownloaded...all to no avail. Currently at my wits end.lol.

Also after searching, Ive already downloaded Direct X runtimes June 2010. That seems to be the most common fix. 

Didn't work for me. I dont have MSI Afterburner or any type of third party software. I have Nvidia Geforce Experience that has an overlay at the beggining of the game. After ending all of its processes, Syrim still wont launch. So i can assume its not from third party software. I currently have Direct X 11 because i recently got GTAV. I mention this because its the only thing thats changed since the last time ive played Skyrim. Previously i was running 200 plus mods and ENB presets no problem. I configure my ini files as prompted. I try to read directions to the best of my ability when installing new mods. This go, i was doing the High Quality Skyrim tutorial by PredCaliber. Everything is smooth until like i said its time to throw the enb files in from the wrapper version. Its quite frustrating. 

Anyhoo, if theres any insight beyond what ive already encountered, id be overwhelmingly grateful. Skyrim is this ish...and i just cant go back to vanilla after being souped up for long XD

Sorry in advance if any of the above is incoherant. I will be happy to clarify as best as i can on any of the subject matter.

Created an account to add to this.

Im having the same problem. Just recently re-installed. 

Specs: Windows 7 GTX 970 8GB RAM

Game works fine all the way up until i add d3d9.dll into my game directory. I know it to be the dll simply because skyrim

works fine before i add the files from whatever binary i choose. Its been consistent with each binary from 266 all the way up

to the current 308. Yes ive tried the injector version. Same mess. 

I should say the error code is 0xc0000005. Ive researched this as well. Not too much info aside from registry corruption and other seemingly irrelevant problems.

Ive cleaned my dll files/registry as best i can via cc cleaner. Hell, i even tried changing some HKEY values in regedit to trick DirectX into thinking it needed to be redownloaded...all to no avail. Currently at my wits end.lol.

Also after searching, Ive already downloaded Direct X runtimes June 2010. That seems to be the most common fix. 

Didn't work for me. I dont have MSI Afterburner or any type of third party software. I have Nvidia Geforce Experience that has an overlay at the beggining of the game. After ending all of its processes, Syrim still wont launch. So i can assume its not from third party software. I currently have Direct X 11 because i recently got GTAV. I mention this because its the only thing thats changed since the last time ive played Skyrim. Previously i was running 200 plus mods and ENB presets no problem. I configure my ini files as prompted. I try to read directions to the best of my ability when installing new mods. This go, i was doing the High Quality Skyrim tutorial by PredCaliber. Everything is smooth until like i said its time to throw the enb files in from the wrapper version. Its quite frustrating. 

Anyhoo, if theres any insight beyond what ive already encountered, id be overwhelmingly grateful. Skyrim is this ish...and i just cant go back to vanilla after being souped up for long XD

Sorry in advance if any of the above is incoherant. I will be happy to clarify as best as i can on any of the subject matter.

Turned off my antivirus. Completely fixed the problem. Tappei if you have Antivirus going, try turning it off, uninstalling, whatever u have to do. Maybe that fixes it for you?

Turned off my antivirus. Completely fixed the problem. Tappei if you have Antivirus going, try turning it off, uninstalling, whatever u have to do. Maybe that fixes it for you?

Nope nothing still same problem and for case my specs:

- GTX 1060 Armor (Got it 3 days ago I had GTX 760 Zotac)

- Intel core i5-4670

- 8 GB ram