Skyrim Special Edition: Your Thoughts and Impressions?

Found this from the SKSE team on their mod forum:

"We are actively in touch with the SkyUI team. The major hold-up for SkyUI on SSE is actually the internal SKSE64 work to support it. Snakster did that originally for SKSE. We are investigating and will implement the SKSE64 hooks that SkyUI needs. Once that work is done the effort to get SkyUI up and running should be minimal. Whether the SKSE or SkyUI team does that final bit of work doesn't really matter. It just means that we're going to make sure we get SkyUI for SSE."

Sounds like SkyUI is all but guaranteed whenever SKSE is released.

• +1 1

This is me being lazy, I haven't had the time for Skyrim for quite a while:

How does the SSAO compare to ENB's SSAO_SSIL? ENB's SSAO and SSIL creates a very good approximation of indirect lighting, do you think SSE can compete?

edit:

Does anyone know if the script engine performance has improved?

Edited by Spock

From what I read the in-game SSAO can't compete with ENB's SSAO from the original. This makes sense as Boris' technique I believe is unique to enb and there probably isn't a good equivalent. He said he would try to implement those features but commented that it won't be as good.

Boris

"Okay, another problem is that i can't extract albedo, so ambient occlusion and indirect lighting both will not be applied properly as i usually do them, but like some of my old mods or ReShade. I don't know is it worth then to implement. Also probably semi-transparent objects will be buggied by ssao. Thanks B*da, much appreciated."

• +1 1