That worked, thank you akaifire!

#137 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:10 PM

Forgot to mention that ENB seems to have been quietly updated again recently. There's a few changed files and a new line in the read me stating they "Added support of loading multiple plugins (.dllplugin extension) from "enbseries" folder."

Updated the "official" pack files, thanks.

And thanks for fielding that one.

#138 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:53 AM

Ugh it looks like more mods in SR:LE have vanished, so I guess I have to fix the script for that.

#139 ATMPlays

ATMPlays

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:26 PM

Any chance we will see other SRLE guides like Extended LOTD and LOTD Requtified?

#140 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:39 AM

Any chance we will see other SRLE guides like Extended LOTD and LOTD Requtified?

I want to, but no promises.

Really I'm hoping that either Mod Picker's setup tool happens, or that I get myself some time to do a better job at making a good automated setup tool (preferably something where it's easier to create new packs... base SR:LE was really hard and still not even done yet).  Right now StepperUpper is not what I would consider good, since I heavily prioritized time to delivery over other software metrics because I wanted to get something out there.  I've started designing a replacement, but it's going slowly because pretty much all my time is going into other stuff.

#141 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:07 AM

It looks like during some part of the SR:LE setup process, I missed the big bold letters in the section for the optimized DLC textures.  I correctly noted that the HRDLC textures fully overwrite the optimized ones... what I incorrectly failed to note was that Neovalen had said to disable the HRDLC BSA files to deal with this.

I bring this up because I accidentally left this change in the XML file when doing a routine version update (RUSTIC CLOTHING updated its almost 600 MB file twice in like 2 days) and only noticed it after pushing it out.  It's untested in-game, but I did run through the process with this turned on, and sanity checking in MO shows that the files are overriding / overridden by the right things, so I'm just going to leave it in there.  This is still technically incomplete anyway (all those manual steps make me cry a little... just not as much as I would if I had to set it up manually again).

#142 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:31 AM

I've been slow to update this time.  I'm not planning to put as much time into this project as I used to, mainly because mator has said that the Mod Picker Setup Utility was planned for a January release, and though that didn't happen, he has said at least once that it's going to be released "very soon", which will hopefully render StepperUpper obsolete.  (even if it doesn't, I'll still probably want to switch directions on it, using high-level ideas over here)

I'm going to just hold off on big ideas (version updates only) for about a month or so to see if that finally materializes into something that runs on my computer.  Depending on what it looks like, I might stop working on StepperUpper entirely in favor of that, or I might just press forward with some subset of my ideas for the next generation of this thing.

#143 ActionBastard

ActionBastard

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:02 AM

Figured its worth saying on behalf of me and many many other people who haven't said anything in this conversation that your work is GREATLY APPRECIATED. you've made such a long drawn out labor intensive process extremely easy and enjoyable for us to use.

Many many thanks for all the work you've put into this.

#144 JUNKdeLUXE

JUNKdeLUXE

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:38 PM

Just stepping in to say: "wooooweeeeeeaa". It's been some time since I last looked at your progress for this amazing tool and you've already released a version 1. Seems like I have to dive back into Skyrim sooner than anticipated :)

A question regarding scalability (or what you would have called it)... How easy would it be for a novice to provide (and update) install instructions for new packs/builds? I've been wanting to play SR:LE Extended LOTD for some time now, but as it's a daunting installation task, it would be awesome if this could also (to some degree) be automatized.

If it's easy to make these install scripts then the pack developers could maintain them themselves instead of having to rely on your time and interest.

Thanks for all your awesome work so far :)

#145 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:58 AM

Just stepping in to say: "wooooweeeeeeaa". It's been some time since I last looked at your progress for this amazing tool and you've already released a version 1. Seems like I have to dive back into Skyrim sooner than anticipated :)

A question regarding scalability (or what you would have called it)... How easy would it be for a novice to provide (and update) install instructions for new packs/builds? I've been wanting to play SR:LE Extended LOTD for some time now, but as it's a daunting installation task, it would be awesome if this could also (to some degree) be automatized.

If it's easy to make these install scripts then the pack developers could maintain them themselves instead of having to rely on your time and interest.

Thanks for all your awesome work so far :)

It's very difficult and tedious to make the files that tell StepperUpper how to set stuff up.

Improving that process would be one of the goals of the next big effort I spend on this, if I do anything at all.  Ideally, the Mod Picker Setup Utility thing would make StepperUpper obsolete and solve this problem by virtue of being built from the ground-up to use arbitrary Mod Picker lists.  Of course, one problem with that proposition is that it's a lot more complicated than the approach I took.

Note that there's probably always going to be some degree of tedious effort involved in setting up a list for something like StepperUpper, since some packs kinda demand that you go off the rails a little.

It's also just about that "a month or so" from my last post, and still no Mod Picker setup utility, so I'm getting to the point where I might start spending time on those "big ideas".  No promises... it's a big time commitment on my part, so I don't want to start until I know that I can follow through and that it probably won't be obsolete by the other thing before it even gets released.

#146 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:07 PM

My current estimate is to start a private beta for the Mod Picker Mod List Setup Utility around April 1.  It's mostly done, there's just a few more things to sort out and it'll be good to go.  I would have finished it even earlier but I got a bit sidetracked by a project to improve the mod browsing experience on Mod Picker.  I finished that last night (took ~three solid dev days).

#147 JUNKdeLUXE

JUNKdeLUXE

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

My current estimate is to start a private beta for the Mod Picker Mod List Setup Utility around April 1.  It's mostly done, there's just a few more things to sort out and it'll be good to go.  I would have finished it even earlier but I got a bit sidetracked by a project to improve the mod browsing experience on Mod Picker.  I finished that last night (took ~three solid dev days).

Great to hear Mator. I've also been following the development of MP closely. I think if/when the automation tools are ready for consumer consumption that your site will get a huge uptick in users. Sadly it doesn't look like much is happening at the moment in regards to modlists - I have a feeling this will surge when you get ready :)

Good luck to you both (Airbreather and Mator) and thanks for your awesome contributions to modding :)

#148 FLTroll

FLTroll

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:27 PM

Hi

First of all, congratulations. The project seems awesome and when linked with modpicker will definitely make things even easier.

I am trying to run the step core, step extended and step extended finalize, however using the latest xml files I get the following error: pastebin.com/vF309JjQ

I do not get this error when trying to use the older version of the xml files bundled in v1. I am using the beta 1.1 version.

Thanks in advance for any help, hope you keep up the great work! 

#149 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:44 PM

Hi

First of all, congratulations. The project seems awesome and when linked with modpicker will definitely make things even easier.

I am trying to run the step core, step extended and step extended finalize, however using the latest xml files I get the following error: pastebin.com/vF309JjQ

I do not get this error when trying to use the older version of the xml files bundled in v1. I am using the beta 1.1 version.

Thanks in advance for any help, hope you keep up the great work! 

Coincidentally, shortly after you posted this, I just pushed a pack file update for DynDOLOD 2.24.  Try re-downloading the XML files from the links at the top post.

I ran all the 1.2.1.13 pack files through versions 1.0.0.0 and 1.1.0.0 and was able to get further than the stack trace from your pastebin indicates.

If this still doesn't work for you, then can you paste the error message you get from trying again, even if it looks the same at a glance?

#150 FLTroll

FLTroll

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:46 PM

Coincidentally, shortly after you posted this, I just pushed a pack file update for DynDOLOD 2.24.  Try re-downloading the XML files from the links at the top post.

I ran all the 1.2.1.13 pack files through versions 1.0.0.0 and 1.1.0.0 and was able to get further than the stack trace from your pastebin indicates.

If this still doesn't work for you, then can you paste the error message you get from trying again, even if it looks the same at a glance?

Working perfectly now, thank you very much!

A couple of questions however:

How are you planning to tackle the issue of constant version updating? It is hard to constantly check 300 or so mods for updated versions, and updating the xml's is crucial.

Also how are you planning to avoid inexperienced modder problems from people who have never actually used any of the tools by themselves and thus when they want to install a new mod over the packs will have to immediately learn to run all the utilities?

Thanks again for the quick response and wish you all the best!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users