170 replies to this topic

#166 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:26 AM

Hey airbreather the STEP guide was updated a few days ago and I was wondering when you would be able to update stepper-upper for the new version of the guide. Of course work on it at your own pace, this tool is a real godsend ;)

It's going to happen "soon", I just need to find a good stretch of a few hours where I can focus on it.  It looks like I need to essentially run through a lot of the process manually.

#167 Muzinzafrika

Muzinzafrika

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:42 PM

Alright then I am waiting patiently :) good luck ;)

#168 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

I've been away from software development in my free time for a while now, so I've not been able to make much progress on updating StepperUpper for STEP 2.10.0.

I'm back at it now.

#169 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:02 AM

This was quite a challenge... I've got STEP_Core-2.10.0 and STEP_Core_Finalize-2.10.0 in the repository now, but they won't work properly with anything below StepperUpper 1.2.0.0 (also in the repository, but I haven't released it yet).  One of the neat things it does is it calculates the proper FOV value for you based on the screen resolution you plug in.

I'm going to make sure that STEP_Extended-2.10.0 and STEP_Extended_Finalize-2.10.0 work, and then go mod-by-mod looking for any changes in "Detailed Instructions" that I might have missed,  before pushing out a nicely packaged release.

2.10.0 has proven to be a lot harder than I had anticipated, especially with the change to use BethINI (it does a lot of magic for you behind-the-scenes, but from my perspective, there's no such thing as "behind-the-scenes")... and I had to do pretty much all of it twice after losing an almost-complete setup for STEP Core to an ill-advised "git clean -xdf" without staging the new XML files.  I think having to do it the second time was a good thing, honestly, because the first time I did it, I was using the changelog, and I recall that one being either incomplete or otherwise insufficient.

#170 Helidoc

Helidoc

Prisoner

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:28 AM

Looking forward to the new release!

#171 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:36 PM

Released 2.0.0.0 with updated pack files for STEP 2.10.0.  See updated top post.  I also fixed some awful formatting issues... it looks like I need to stay away from the WYSIWYG editor for that post going forward, because I had mangled it horribly, and I suspect that that was the cause.

Since STEP Core 2.10.0 includes FISS now, I've started including a preset for Timing is Everything, so you can just go straight to Load Preset in the MCM for that one.  The preset is kryptopyr's, with the one change that Kelmych suggested over here.

I didn't include any other FISS presets.  If there's some included mod that has FISS support and a preset that users should be changing, please let me know by either replying here or opening an issue on GitHub (or both).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users