167 replies to this topic

#91 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:09 AM

I know it's not officially like released/done or anything, but I can't even try to use the Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition file currently, because Real Ice is gone, and I think maybe another file too. (And yes, I built the latest version myself, that's how I got that far.) Just wanted to let you know, really cool project, and I really hoped I could get it working, even if it wouldn't completely do it. Flat out could not get one of the merges to work, and I was hoping this could get me further. Again, thank you, and excited to see what happens with this.

Heh, I've been stalling on replacing the Real Ice part with Just Ice.  I've pushed that switch now.  Let me know if you still have problems getting past the file checking stage after getting latest.

SR:LE also happens to include Better Circlets HQ, whose own page has also been taken down.  In case that's the one you're talking about for "maybe another file too", it's still available a different way, legitimately, so StepperUpper's version uses that instead.

And as a warning, the two things I mentioned in this post (verifying extracted BSAs and building the updated conflict resolution patch) are the reasons why you have to build it yourself to get as far as you did.  I've gotten it to run with what's there and by using Neovalen's old SR Conflict Resolution.esp file (which you have to do yourself for the time being, sometime after TES5Edit tweaks and before the first run of LOOT from the video above), but note this page for things I noticed when working on an updated one with all the version updates that StepperUpper's pack file has relative to the last versions before Neovalen left SR:LE where it is (and also just generally having another pair of eyes going through it all).  I'm like 90% confident that the BSA thing is fine.  But like I said... I've just gotten it to run and start a new game, I haven't really tried anything else.

Edited by airbreather, 03 January 2017 - 08:11 AM.

#92 mystfox

mystfox

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:56 PM

I can almost get past the file checking stage now with master. Problem is you want an update file for EatingSleepingDrinking that I don't think exists anymore, and in any case, I think at least in the original guide it was only for animations, not the full mod, because there's Frostfall and iNeed in it.

#93 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:41 AM

I can almost get past the file checking stage now with master. Problem is you want an update file for EatingSleepingDrinking that I don't think exists anymore, and in any case, I think at least in the original guide it was only for animations, not the full mod, because there's Frostfall and iNeed in it.

DERP.  Thanks.  Fixed.

#94 DigitalTravis

DigitalTravis

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:32 PM

I seem to be having an issue here.  I did a fresh install of skyrim from steam.  Launched the game and it worked fine.  I went and downloaded all the mods for Step Extended Finalized.  Used the stepperupper to run the pack files Step Core, Step Extended, and Step Extended Finalized.  It ran through everything fine.  After about 10 minutes it showed that is was finished.  But when I launch the game from the file in the output folder it crashes to desktop (no warnings or visible errors).  Same thing if I launch it from MO using any of the profiles.  If i try to just launch the normal version from steam it crashes also now. 

Any ideas?

#95 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:53 AM

I seem to be having an issue here.  I did a fresh install of skyrim from steam.  Launched the game and it worked fine.  I went and downloaded all the mods for Step Extended Finalized.  Used the stepperupper to run the pack files Step Core, Step Extended, and Step Extended Finalized.  It ran through everything fine.  After about 10 minutes it showed that is was finished.  But when I launch the game from the file in the output folder it crashes to desktop (no warnings or visible errors).  Same thing if I launch it from MO using any of the profiles.  If i try to just launch the normal version from steam it crashes also now. 

Any ideas?

That one's new to me.  Can you confirm a few things:

1. When you did a fresh install, was there absolutely nothing already in the Skyrim folder left over from a previous go?
  2. Have you tried switching to the injector version of ENBoost instead?  There are instructions over here.
  3. Does your system meet the minimum requirements on the STEP Guide?  If so, could you list what OS you're using (including 32- or 64-bit), what CPU, how much RAM, and what video card?

Assuming none of that solves it and that there's not something terribly wicked going on with your system, I'm kinda out of ideas for what you can do to get this working.

The only thing StepperUpper does that can mess with running the normal version of Skyrim from Steam is the ENBoost stuff, so in theory you should be able to get a vanilla Skyrim working again by moving d3d9.dll out of the install folder.

#96 DigitalTravis

DigitalTravis

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

That one's new to me.  Can you confirm a few things:

1. When you did a fresh install, was there absolutely nothing already in the Skyrim folder left over from a previous go?
  2. Have you tried switching to the injector version of ENBoost instead?  There are instructions over here.
  3. Does your system meet the minimum requirements on the STEP Guide?  If so, could you list what OS you're using (including 32- or 64-bit), what CPU, how much RAM, and what video card?

Assuming none of that solves it and that there's not something terribly wicked going on with your system, I'm kinda out of ideas for what you can do to get this working.

The only thing StepperUpper does that can mess with running the normal version of Skyrim from Steam is the ENBoost stuff, so in theory you should be able to get a vanilla Skyrim working again by moving d3d9.dll out of the install folder.

Yes everything was removed from the skyrim folder before reinstall. 

Just tried the injector version of ENBoost and it still crashes on launch.  Removing the d3d9.dll does cause the game to launch.  Once i click to start a new game it crashes on the loading screnn now.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2450P CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960  (no updates for drivers)

#97 DigitalTravis

DigitalTravis

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:11 PM

I can play the standard game now just fine by removing the d3d9.dll.  Just not the stepper upper version with the d3d9.dll file removed.  It just crashes on loading screen.  I can try reinstalling skyrim again and redo the install and see if that works, unless anyone has any ideas.

#98 DigitalTravis

DigitalTravis

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:34 PM

Ok, update.  I reinstalled everything.  I had my games installed on a separate drive from my main drive.  I reinstalled everything on my main drive and so far everything is working good now!  Woot

#99 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:47 AM

Ok, update.  I reinstalled everything.  I had my games installed on a separate drive from my main drive.  I reinstalled everything on my main drive and so far everything is working good now!  Woot

Glad you've got it working, but I don't think you should have to do this.  It's a good idea to have separate system and "data" drives, and you shouldn't have to compromise that kind of setup for the sake of StepperUpper's shenanigans.  I've logged #33 since this is the second time someone's had an issue like this in this thread, so there's at least something going on here...

I wonder... are you setting the Steam Folder and giving it your main Steam install instead of the root of the second Steam library?  In theory you should be able to actually leave that blank if Skyrim is installed properly.  Maybe I should just change the UI slightly so it's clear when you do and do not have to put something in there.

#100 DigitalTravis

DigitalTravis

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:23 PM

Glad you've got it working, but I don't think you should have to do this.  It's a good idea to have separate system and "data" drives, and you shouldn't have to compromise that kind of setup for the sake of StepperUpper's shenanigans.  I've logged #33 since this is the second time someone's had an issue like this in this thread, so there's at least something going on here...

I wonder... are you setting the Steam Folder and giving it your main Steam install instead of the root of the second Steam library?  In theory you should be able to actually leave that blank if Skyrim is installed properly.  Maybe I should just change the UI slightly so it's clear when you do and do not have to put something in there.

I am sure now that it was not the drive issue.  I reinstalled everything on my other drive and it works great.  The only thing I can think of is when I reinstalled everything onto my main drive I also reinstalled the DirectX9 Runtimes from the STEP page, since it was associated with ENBs.  So that might have been the issue. 

#101 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:13 AM

OK.  1.1.0.0 is out, with initial support for SR:LE.  It still supports all the other pack files too.  Note that I've marked this as "Beta" again.

Before you go jumping on it to get SR:LE going, hold up, because I've got something to say.  It's not "done" yet.  What I mean is that you still have plenty of manual work to do after it's done, and it's still using Neovalen's old pre-built conflict resolution patch even though I have reason to believe it's still somewhat incomplete.

Here's what you still have to do manually after you get the all-clear from StepperUpper, at least in file version 1.2.1.0 (and do them basically in this order):

1. Run DDSopt to optimize the Falskaar textures.  StepperUpper created an empty "ModOrganizer/mods/Falskaar Optimized Textures" folder for you to slot this appropriately in your mod list.
    1. See the original guide for how to configure DDSopt.
  2. Run TES5Edit through MO to clean up some plugins:
    1. ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp, undo the bounds edit on 20DCB
    2. ELFX - Exteriors.esp, undo the bounds edits on 16BB4 and 37EDF
    3. TheEyesOfBeauty.esp, remove the entire WRLD group (I think it was called "Worldspace")
    4. Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp, remove the entire ARMO and WEAP groups ("Armor" and "Weapon"?) as well as quest 167D3.
  3. Run Merge Plugins Standalone through MO and select Skyrim (if it closes right away, re-open it... looks like Mator has it auto-update if there's a newer version)
    1. Wait for the background loader to finish, then just go to the Merges tab, select all of them, and Build Merges.  I've already set the rest up for you.
    2. Close it once everything's done.
  4. Close MO if it's still running, then in ModOrganizer/mods rename these files:
    1. ----- Realistic Water Two Merged/RealisticWaterTwo - Merged.esp, rename to RealisticWaterTwo.esp
    2. ----- RS Children Merged/RSChildren - Merged.esp, rename to RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp
  5. Back to MO, go to the Plugins tab and, starting with the first Bathing in Skyrim plugin, toggle the checkboxes for that and everything below it except the two you just renamed.
    1. Suggestion: click on Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp, then alternate between space bar and down-arrow until you get to the end, then go back up and manually check the boxes for RealisticWaterTwo.esp and RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp.
  6. Run LOOT through MO and have it sort your load order.
  7. Optional: way back on step 5, in case you weren't paying attention, you happened to enable Neovalen's SR pre-built conflict resolution patch.
    1. I recommend experienced users do additional conflict resolution at this point.  There appears to still be some more that can and should be done.
    2. I only looked because we're using newer versions of some things than what was out there when Neovalen stopped updating things, but it looks like there are other small things that ought to be touched and have been around for a while.
    3. I don't know how much (I'm inexperienced with this part), but from going through it and taking notes, here's a sample (not everything) of the conflicts I'm pretty confident we should address (all of these based on exactly where you'd be after running the automated setup and the above tasks at this point):
      1. TheChoiceIsYours.esp reverts Book Covers Skyrim.esp's change to [BOOK:02004D5B], so The Aetherium Wars will look bland again.
      2. AOS.esp reverts Cutting Room Floor.esp's typo fix to [MGEF:0401ED9B].
      3. Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp changes the owner of [REFR:000C7AEA] to Anoriath, reverting Cutting Room Floor.esp's similar change which makes it owned by the WhiterunDrunkenHuntsmanFaction (of which Anoriath is a member).
      4. Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp wins a conflict on [INFO:000DD0E3], which is a guard dialogue topic, but Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp has a bigger override this record and it feels like GDO should have priority on records like this.
      5. (the list goes on)
    4. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I think there's more to be done with conflict resolution, and now's the time to do it.
  8. Run TES5Edit through MO and sort all the masters of all the loaded plugins.
  9. Run GenerateFNISForUsers through MO.
  10. Run Wrye Bash through MO.
    1. Like with recent versions of the STEP XML files, it's configured as a custom batch file which isolates this instance of Wrye Bash to just your current MO profile.
    2. Right-click Bashed Patch, 0.esp --> Rebuild Patch...
    3. Uncheck WM Trap Fixes.esp.
    4. Click OK.
    5. On the "Merge Patches" list, uncheck CACO_Bathing In Skyrim.esp and DesyncBirdsOfPrey.esp.  This is required.
    6. After that, just click Build Patch.  I've already taken care of the other defaults for you as listed in the guide.
    7. When the window pops up, click OK and then let it activate the patch for you.  You can close Wrye Bash after this.
  11. Run DynDOLOD TexGen through MO.
    1. When prompted, keep defaults and click Start.
    2. When it's done, click Exit.
    3. Back in MO, delete DynDOLOD-temp from your overwrite.
    4. Move the contents of DynDOLOD 2.21/TexGen_Output into a new folder you create, called ModOrganizer/mods/DynDOLOD Textures (SRLE).  So, you should have ModOrganizer/mods/DynDOLOD Textures (SRLE)/textures.
    5. Back in MO, right-click the blank space just below "Overwrite" in your mod list and Refresh.
    6. Check the box next to DynDOLOD Textures (SRLE).
  12. Run DynDOLOD through MO.
    1. When the button become active, click OK.
    2. Click "Advanced >>>" on the new window.
    3. When it pops up, right-click on the list at the top-left and Select All.
    4. Click the "High" button at the top right.
    5. Check the boxes for "Candles" and "FXGlow" below that button.
    6. Check the boxes for "Windows", "High", and "Fake lights child worlds" below the list box.
    7. Click OK.
    8. When it's done (takes about 8 minutes or so on my machine), Save & Exit and click OK on the box that pops up after.
    9. Move the contents of DynDOLOD 2.21/DynDOLOD_Output into a new folder you create, called ModOrganizer/mods/DynDOLOD Worlds (SRLE).  So, you should have ModOrganizer/mods/DynDOLOD Worlds (SRLE)/DynDOLOD.esp.
    10. Back in MO, right-click the blank space just below "Overwrite" in your mod list and Refresh.
    11. Check the box next to DynDOLOD Worlds (SRLE).
  13. Run SUM through MO.
    1. Just go straight to clicking Patch.  I've already set up the config tweaks you need to do.
  14. Once that's done, go back to MO, right-click your Overwrite, and Create Mod.  Call it something like "SRLE Profile" and hit OK.
  15. Wait a few seconds for MO to realize what just happened, then click the checkbox next to the new mod.
  16. Run LOOT through MO again and sort your load order (it doesn't remember the relative order of the last few things from back when they were in the Overwrite folder).

At this point, you're ready to start up SR:LE using SKSE and create a new character.  Don't forget to make all the MCM tweaks, here's the section from the guide.  I've set it up so you can just load the user settings for "A Matter of Time" to get Neovalen's layout, and you can load the user settings for "Timing is Everything" to get kryptopyr's settings with Kelmych's suggestion to leave Break of Dawn at the default of 12.

• (edit): If you see "Bathing in Skyrim" show up twice in the list, you probably missed 10.5 above.  Try again, more carefully.

My future plans right now are as follows:

1. Get a FISS for Bathing in Skyrim.  I forgot until just now how tedious that MCM is to set up.
  2. Refactor the task running code.  There are a few creative things I want to do, and the current design makes that challenging.
  3. Do those creative things I was talking about.  Some ideas:
    1. <Group>s inside of other <Group>s, and treat them just like regular tasks so you can WaitFor a group.
    2. Tag a particular <Group> to run sequentially since the Finalize-like things wind up needing to be like that anyway.
    3. Tag a <Group> with some information like "override the base output directory for these tasks to ModOrganizer/mods, and for these tasks to the Skyrim install directory".
    4. Get rid of redundancy in ExtractArchive mappings... lots of things wind up repeating From="SOMETHING_VERY_LONG" multiple times.
  4. Simplify pack files by moving information about individual mods into a separate "mod database" component so that I don't have to keep updating all the pack files themselves every time someone releases a new version of something and to make other pack XML files easier to create / manipulate.
    1. This feels like it's creeping into Mod Picker's area of expertise, so when I get to this, I'm probably going to confer with mator to see what makes the most sense.  I'm probably going to wind up writing a fomod ModuleConfig.xml parser here, which would have been nice to have earlier on..
    2. There's a slim chance that I might have accidentally set this on a path where this actually does become the same kind of thing as Mod Picker Setup Utility.
  5. (VERY long term, probably more for fun than anything else) enhance the embedded BethFile library so it can do more interesting edits, such as properly creating overrides in a new plugin (right now it would be really really hard because of the "master index" byte embedded in lots of record and field types).  Possibly using mator's xedit-lib... early proof-of-concept shows potential.

Edited by airbreather, 16 January 2017 - 09:19 AM.

#102 darkside

darkside

High King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:53 AM

Greatly appreciate your work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#103 Memphisblue999

Memphisblue999

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:27 AM

Missing Files Pack Missing File URL(s) STEP Core ENBSeries v0308 http://enbdev.com/mo...kyrim_v0308.htm STEP Core aMidianBorn Imperial Light and Studded - 2k 1.1 http://www.nexusmods...yrim/mods/50887

I have these in my stepdump folder. it says i dont.  i  have renamed the zip files by copy paste your above. neither work. it finds all but these

#104 Memphisblue999

Memphisblue999

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:43 AM

edit. got amidian done. the correct file was imperial.dot  and not imperial light and studded.

te enb refuses to detect. i have 2 308s

ENBSeries v0.308 .7z   2,981 kbs

enbseries_skyrim_v0308.zip   2,953 kbs

#105 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:45 AM

For ENBSeries, it looks like Boris (or someone) secretly replaced what's there with a different file, because you're right, what I just downloaded doesn't match what I had from before.  I don't have much time right now so all I can say is how to fix it yourself to get you going:

• New LengthInBytes: 3023865
  • New MD5Checksum: a670012e31e4e4cfcf772e2c9f874d8b
  • New SHA512Checksum: 59d581f99ff3b31c2876008411388c7179c5f3886209bf38ede4e06a77aee6ea4978af712b0969ec42a0f67910d8ff0c3e195b05876ba92d0e02f472951f11e5

For aMidianBorn Imperial Light and Studded, make sure you're grabbing the 2k version... I don't immediately see any reason why this shouldn't work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users