162 replies to this topic

#151 alt3rn1ty

alt3rn1ty

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:29 PM

Not that we expected anything different from Bethesda, but the update to version 1.5.16.0.8 still did not fix the large reference bug or the broken tree LOD reflections.

Shame. Ding.

It did add a new Skyrim.ccc file though which is a list of cc plugins, which I think is to stop needing to update the games exe every time there are more esl's needing hard coded .. And so SKSE64 will not need updating every time there are more esl updates needed (well, after the current need for another update that is, to make SKSE64 compatible with this change to the game exe)

Also did you know there is a new version of PapyrusUtil out for SSE ? ( I may be a bit behind the times here, just got back from a very delayed honeymoon in Curacao )

Although it seems to be a bit lacking in a few functions compaired to the previous version

"SKSE64 VERSION NOTE:

The functions from the ActorUtil and ObjectUtil scripts have been disabled in the SE edition, as have camera and menu related functions from MiscUtil. These functions originally required some memory editing to function and I lack the reverse engineering experience to be able to get these functions working again under the 64-bit version.

If anybody is able to help me update these functions for SE so that they can be added back in, please contact me."

Edited by alt3rn1ty, 08 November 2017 - 03:39 PM.

#152 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:50 PM

I did alpha test PapyrusUtil before release ... yeah you waaaay behind the times :)

It basically works 1:1 with large references disabled no problem.

I am still working on and testing the required changes to salvage the current large reference implementation so it can be used as is.

I really do not look forward for people having to patch Skyrim.esm etc. Despite patching the engine ourselves, that will be the only sane thing to do if Bethesda continues being this utterly stupid about not fixing bugs. Nobody should fix bugs for Bethesda while they make money with paid mods. That is just despicable, again. 

Skryim SE could be nice some day, but Skyrim looks tons better anyways, I am not in a hurry.

Edited by sheson, 08 November 2017 - 05:53 PM.

#153 alt3rn1ty

alt3rn1ty

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:00 PM

:) understood and agree entirely with all points made

Also sort of related (but not DynDOLOD so really this is off topic) - I noticed SSELODGen has a message ..

*************************************************************************************
If you want more detailed, dynamic LOD with wide customization, please check DynDOLOD by Sheson
It uses the same LODGen building process as TES5LODGen internally, but with more options.
*************************************************************************************

.. My bold - Shouldn't that read SSELODGen for SSELODGen ?, and the link is for Skyrim LE DynDOLOD.

Its a minor, but thought you might want to correct the oversight unless its intended .. Or is that Zilavs' bag?

Edit : Just thought, if you havent got one already you could have a Nexus SSE DynDOLOD mod page hidden for now which could be linked - Users would not be able to access it but the Mod Hidden message and author reason for hiding message would be visible.

Edited by alt3rn1ty, 08 November 2017 - 06:04 PM.

#154 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:55 PM

I would actually use the term "as xLODGen" if anything but I'll leave that for Zilav to change even though I could. It's not important.

#155 Alvaro

Alvaro

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:26 PM

Hi. I bit confuse wit 3D tree lod. I do all what says in faq - in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini set TreeLOD=0, TreeFullFallBack=1 then run DynDOLOD, but still get 2D lods... and beside this it looks even worst because lods after that do not disappear so smooth like before, they like just pop out instantly after 3D model of tree load in.

Wat i can do wrong? Maybe need to change some more settings? Maybe something in skyrim/preff ini?

Edited by Alvaro, 16 November 2017 - 04:26 PM.

#156 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:25 PM

Hi. I bit confuse wit 3D tree lod. I do all what says in faq - in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini set TreeLOD=0, TreeFullFallBack=1 then run DynDOLOD, but still get 2D lods... and beside this it looks even worst because lods after that do not disappear so smooth like before, they like just pop out instantly after 3D model of tree load in.

Wat i can do wrong? Maybe need to change some more settings? Maybe something in skyrim/preff ini?

I suggest to carefully read the instructions in DynDOLOD-Trees.html, it contains all the details and settings required. There are not additional things required to be done that are not explained in there.

Make sure to update the tree mesh rule LOD4 to Static LOD4. From the problem description it sounds it is set to Billboard.

TreeFullFallBack=1 is only to be used if no 3D LOD models are available and should not be set like a default value for the reasons explained.

It is standard tree LOD that switches instantly without fade. It is billboards and 3D tree LODs in object LOD that fade.

Edited by sheson, 16 November 2017 - 06:28 PM.

#157 Alvaro

Alvaro

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:18 PM

I suggest to carefully read the instructions in DynDOLOD-Trees.html, it contains all the details and settings required. There are not additional things required to be done that are not explained in there.

Make sure to update the tree mesh rule LOD4 to Static LOD4. From the problem description it sounds it is set to Billboard.

TreeFullFallBack=1 is only to be used if no 3D LOD models are available and should not be set like a default value for the reasons explained.

It is standard tree LOD that switches instantly without fade. It is billboards and 3D tree LODs in object LOD that fade.

I not very good in English. I read a bit DynDOLOD-Trees but in most part i relay on this guide because i need some more specific step by step instruction to understand and do all right. In DynDOLOD guide i not quit understand some parts. 

I did step by step exactly every thing that he writ, and it dont work for me for some reason.

He says that TreeFullFallBack=1 need to torn on and recommended leave tree rule settings by default. But my default settings of tree rule seams to be different a bit. They look like this

2xYn5RQ.jpg

But even when i set rule LOD4 to Static LOD4 like you say it not help. After that in game lods just dont load at all. Just empty space instead tree lods... 

I bit confuse now, dont understand what i can do more wit that ugly vanilla 2D lod because it just hilariously bad looks... even wit dyndolod 2D tree lod. I try to increase ugristoload but people say that it not recommended and can corrupt saves after some time.

And may path of dyndolod folder is - Skyrim/dyndolod it ok? or need to install in some other place separate to game?

Edited by Alvaro, 17 November 2017 - 12:32 PM.

#158 Alvaro

Alvaro

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:14 PM

UP

Okay, i little bit figure out, i seams to forgot clear cache before start patch wit rule LOD4 to Static LOD4. Now it is work fine! And it looks just fantastic. Compere to 2D lods it is just a godlike.

But now i have a couple question. First of all and most important it is performance. I understand that it consume extra resources, it is obvious, but on my 1066gtx fps hit is really huge. I half lower shadows resolution, and still have a big impact in dense forest area. Now, can i do something to optimize lod a bit? I dont need it so detailed in far distance, just in close lod range.

Second it is and aspen tree lods. They're just ... bald ... the branches are almost naked. It is not so important but if it possible i I'd like to fix this a bit.

And one more thing, it do something weird wit distance water reflections. it is to bright or something like that.

#159 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:24 PM

If you are using tree mods that have no optmized 3D LOD trees, but use the full models instead, it should be no surprise that it requires a lot performance. Keep TreeFullFallBack=0 and those trees will get billboard tree LOD, which is performance friendly. Or try to only use tree from tree mods that have optimized 3D LOD trees, so there is no reason to fallback on billboards or full models for LOD.

A rather obvious step for better performance is to lower LOD draw distances with the launcher or BethINI. The manual explains which INI settings affect LOD and has a whole section about performance.

The Aspen LOD textures appearing too "thin" is because full models are used for LOD instead of specially optimized 3D LOD models with correctly prepared LOD textures. See this discussion http://forum.step-pr...of-help-needed/

DynDOLOD does not touch distance water which is part of terrain LOD. You can control what water reflects with INI settings. See http://wiki.step-pro...kyrim_INI/Water

#160 Alvaro

Alvaro

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:19 AM

Well, i try patch lod with TreeFullFallBack=0, TreeLOD=0 and LOD4 to Static LOD4. But that not work. That is causes no lod at all for some reason. The same what I described above when I thought that I forgot erase cache  files.

I use all mods from her and in that order

Terrain LOD redone
Whiterun Forest Borealis
Bent Pines
Indistinguishable Billboards for Skyrim SE
DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.30
Enhanced Landscapes Standalone Oaks and Marsh Pines
Enhanced Vanilla Trees SSE
Enhanced Vanilla Trees - Billboards

Realistic Water Two

TexGen_Output
DynDOLOD 2.35

At least Enhanced Vanilla Trees SSE must have 3D optimized lod if i understand correctly. But after patch( TreeFullFallBack=0, TreeLOD=0 and LOD4 to Static LOD4) there are no trees lod at all in game. In other words I can get for now only 2d lods or only full 3d. And when I try mix them it not create lods at all. Where do I make a mistake?

Edited by Alvaro, 18 November 2017 - 09:21 AM.

#161 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:36 AM

There is usually no need to clear the cache folder.

I do not know what you mean with "no LOD at all" - that is typically impossible. Open console and type tll in console to turn LOD on/off.

It seems also very unlikely, that after LOD generation and installing output correctly to not have any tree LOD at all. Unless something goes really wrong. Can not tell without a log.

If some trees do not have LOD it means the required billboards are not installed for it.

Check the log which gives a detailed report which billboard and which model is used for 3D LOD. With vanilla trees for example, it looks something like this.

DLC1TreePineForestSnowHeavy01 [TREE:02009670] meshes\dlc01\landscape\trees\dlc1treepineshortheavysnow.nif
	Billboard found, 3D LOD found
	LOD4: meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\dlc1treepineshortheavysnowpassthru_lod.nif
	LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\dawnguard.esm\dlc1treepineshortheavysnow_00009670.dds
	LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\dawnguard.esm\dlc1treepineshortheavysnow_00009670.dds
TreeWinterAspen01 [TREE:02003AC5] meshes\dlc01\landscape\trees\winteraspen01.nif
	Billboard not found <textures\terrain\lodgen\dawnguard.esm\treewinteraspen01_00003ac5.dds>, 3D LOD found
	LOD4: meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\winteraspen01passthru_lod.nif

As was discussed in the other thread already, Enhanced Vanilla Trees SSE does not properly match all 3D LOD trees yet. Depending on the selected install options, the Skyrim version seems the mod right now and it  should work just the same anyways.

Use the log to determine if all required resources are installed correctly.

Edited by sheson, 18 November 2017 - 10:37 AM.

#162 Alvaro

Alvaro

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:30 PM

With other words, if i understand correctly, i dont have match chose for now if i wont install a couple of tree mods? I get or insanely bad looking 2D lods right on the face, or nice looking 3D lods with huge hit on performance? And there is no a bit more optimal middle-gray decision? Something like to just use 3d tree lod about at a distance ugristoload 9-11 and after that load 2D lod. It is impossible to do for now? Or at least do some how my own optimized 3d lod of interesting me tree mods?

And about "no LOD at all". It really happen. Just no tree lod at all. If I use together TreeFullFallBack=0, TreeLOD=0 and LOD4 to Static LOD4 on that list mods from above. And if i change TreeFullFallBack=1 or LOD4 to billboard it load all fine. I get or full 3D lod or full 2D lod.

#163 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:56 AM

Remove all tree mods that are changing trees themselves and only use the vanilla trees with the Indistinguishable Vanilla Tree Billboards and the 3D hybrid tree LODs included in DynDOLOD.

Generate LOD and check visuals and performance. Set fBlockLevel0Distance in INI to limit how far 3D LOD trees show in LOD level 4, as the higher LOD levels use Billboards. See how performance is then.

Then install Enhanced Vanilla Trees Skyrim version and its BillBoards Generator for Enhanced Vanilla Trees generator with the exact same options, which also contains optimized 3D hybrid tree LODs for all its full models. Generate LOD and check visuals and performance and adjust fBlockLevel0Distance.

If past that you want to use other tree mods, make sure they have optimized 3D LOD trees or only use billboard fallback for those if you care about performance.

If  certain trees do not have LOD then there are no LOD resources installed for that type of tree. Use the log as explained to verify the installed resources or other error messages.

Edited by sheson, 19 November 2017 - 08:01 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod, special, edition, sse

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users