180 replies to this topic

#166 dunc001

dunc001

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:43 PM

How do you update without the MCM to disable DynDOLOD?

#167 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:27 PM

A clean save means to start the game without the plugin in question, so that all data tied to the plugin name is removed from save.

However, there is nothing to disable since there are no papyrus scripts to begin with with Skyrim SE right now.

If papyrus scripts would be involved, disabling beforehand ensures that the scripts are not running, which would keep their data in the save regardless of the plugin being removed.

#168 dunc001

dunc001

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:15 AM

Thanks, I'm well versed in the LE process and clean saves etc. Just wanted to check my thoughts were right about SE given that there's no dynamic element as yet. BTW, I'm happy to test on a large load order whenever you have a full RC :)

#169 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:55 AM

It shouldn't be much longer (days or a week maybe) for for the Skyrim SE version with usual scripting which needs to be beta tested of course. There is a lot of hoops for the generator to jump through because of the large references bugs.

Edited by sheson, 25 November 2017 - 05:56 AM.

#170 dunc001

dunc001

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:59 AM

Cool, watching with interest

#171 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:38 PM

Not that we expected anything different from Bethesda, but the update to version 1.5.23.0.8 still did not fix the large reference bug or the broken tree LOD reflections.

Shame. Ding.

#172 zilav

zilav

Commander

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:28 AM

Not that we expected anything different from Bethesda, but the update to version 1.5.23.0.8 still did not fix the large reference bug or the broken tree LOD reflections.

Shame. Ding.

Looks like they change executable only when required by upcoming CC mods. So you need to join the club and create a mod in some way to be heavily affected by existing bugs thus forcing them to start the actual fixing :cool:

#173 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:57 AM

I'd rather create a patch for free and make sure it doesn't work with paid mods in the load order.  :devil:

#174 Deathani

Deathani

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:54 PM

Bear with me please. But it appears DynDOLOD doesn't detect my SSE installation folder when I run it from MO. I followed the instructions but when I start DyndoLOD it says that "cannot find DynDoLOD resource core files" I made sure that I installed the core files so when I check the log files, it appears that it's trying to search for the core files from my Oldrim installation folder, It says current mode: TES5 . How do I change that and make it detect my SSE folder?

EDIT: I added -sse to arguments, having a new error now. can not find resource  core files required to create improved LOD. Do not install Dyndolod resources intended for Skyrim. I will repeat the process now and report back.

Edited by Deathani, 14 December 2017 - 05:05 PM.

#175 Deathani

Deathani

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:54 PM

I don't get any other errors though in the log and everything seems to be in order for LODgen and TexGen. I am assuming I can ignore this error and move on?

Attached Files

Edited by Deathani, 14 December 2017 - 05:58 PM.

#176 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:35 PM

I don't get any other errors though in the log and everything seems to be in order for LODgen and TexGen. I am assuming I can ignore this error and move on?

The error message is self explanatory. Required resources are not installed.

The error message shows because DynDOLOD can not find certain files from DynDOLOD Resources SE in the data folder.

If you use a mod manager verify it successfully decompressed and installed all the DynDOLOD Resources SE core files from the archive.

You need to install DynDOLOD Resources SE core files in order to be able to generate object and tree LOD with DynDOLOD for Skyrim SE.

#177 Deathani

Deathani

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:01 AM

Yeah I did install all of them, and even to make sure I made sure to install them manually, I only get the message at the end after everything is loaded. Before I added the -sse argument it used to be instant but the error shows up at the end. I think the mods is working properly though, there's been a huge difference in LOD in my game.

#178 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:49 AM

Yeah I did install all of them, and even to make sure I made sure to install them manually, I only get the message at the end after everything is loaded. Before I added the -sse argument it used to be instant but the error shows up at the end. I think the mods is working properly though, there's been a huge difference in LOD in my game.

The file checks and message about missing DynDOLOD Resource SE core files are a start up check before the DynDOLOD patcher shows its first option window to generate improved tree and object LOD.

In order to have improved tree and object LOD in the game, it needs to be generated with the DynDOLOD patcher. It is not possible to generate improved tree and object LOD without installing the DynDOLOD Resources SE core files properly first. Just installing DynDOLOD standalone and DynDOLOD Resources SE core files does not change tree and object LOD in the game.

I suggest to read the included manuals for Skyrim and Skyrim SE and watch one of the included videos.

#179 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:10 PM

Check out the DynDOLOD beta for Skyrim SE with dynamic LOD

#180 Noobsayer

Noobsayer

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:23 AM

EDIT: Whopps, wrong thread, too many open. Reposting in the correct spot.

RE: SSE Beta

So I get a CTD upon loading into Solstheim, 100 percent of the time, despite having earlier been able to successfully load in with DynDOLOD active (I'd run it before actually finalizing my load order because I wanted to see if my self-ported Spice of Life Forts would work). After running it a second (and third, and fourth ... lol) time from scratch and starting a new game I get the crash.

I do not CTD, however, with just the meshes/textures enabled. So, esp/esm enabled, always CTD. Esp/esm disabled, all dandy.

link to my log (was too big for pastebin)

It told me it was successful at the end. Help would be appreciated. :) 

Edited by Noobsayer, 17 January 2018 - 04:26 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod, special, edition, sse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users