283 replies to this topic

#271 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:43 AM

Does that including objects from mods as well? I am using Warzones - Civil Unrest Mod, and it adds some camps and burning carriage or something near Fort Greymoor. Those objects don't have generated LODs even after using DynDOLOD, so they just pop in when I close in.

Is it possible to add these objects LOD? Thank you.

You can add mesh rules for these object as explained in Configuration / Custom Settings For Specific Mods in DynDOLOD_Manual.html. Create rules files as explained in DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html so rules for plugins are loaded automatically when clocking low, medium, high,

#272 gmahadhika

gmahadhika

Prisoner

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:04 AM

You can add mesh rules for these object as explained in Configuration / Custom Settings For Specific Mods in DynDOLOD_Manual.html. Create rules files as explained in DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html so rules for plugins are loaded automatically when clocking low, medium, high,

I've read DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html, but I'm not sure I understand it. Should I make a custom Edit Scripts from scratch? Like, create a new .ini file? I can follow installation instruction without problem, but creating custom rule is entirely new concept to me. And how do I know that mod X doesn't already have a rule in DynDOLOD? By checking the included .ini Edit Scripts?

Also, installing DynDOLOD with Open Cities require a special method. Let alone I'm also using Mator Smash and Skyproc Patchers. My question is, after I finish Mator Smash, Skyproc Patchers, and ultimately DynDOLOD, is it safe to merge ALL (yes, including Smashed Patch, Skyproc Patches, and DynDOLOD) into one single file using Merge Plugin by Mator? I aim to only activate 2 ESM/ESP namely Skyrim.esm and Merged Plugins.esp. Is it possible?

I'm really sorry if I ask too much. If it's too much for you to answer, would you be so kind to provide useful links for all my questiopn? Thank you so much.

#273 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:08 AM

I've read DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html, but I'm not sure I understand it. Should I make a custom Edit Scripts from scratch? Like, create a new .ini file? I can follow installation instruction without problem, but creating custom rule is entirely new concept to me. And how do I know that mod X doesn't already have a rule in DynDOLOD? By checking the included .ini Edit Scripts?

Also, installing DynDOLOD with Open Cities require a special method. Let alone I'm also using Mator Smash and Skyproc Patchers. My question is, after I finish Mator Smash, Skyproc Patchers, and ultimately DynDOLOD, is it safe to merge ALL (yes, including Smashed Patch, Skyproc Patches, and DynDOLOD) into one single file using Merge Plugin by Mator? I aim to only activate 2 ESM/ESP namely Skyrim.esm and Merged Plugins.esp. Is it possible?

I'm really sorry if I ask too much. If it's too much for you to answer, would you be so kind to provide useful links for all my questiopn? Thank you so much.

An INI file is just a text file with the *.INI suffix. You either create a new one or you copy an existing one and edit it to your needs.

Files in ..DynDOLOD\rules\ ship with DynDOLOD. Rules shipping with mods are in ..Data\DynDOLOD\ If an INI file with the appropriate file name does not exist in either then you know nothing shipped with the mod. Use xEdit Asset Browser (CTRL+F3) to look up file names in the load order, including files in the loaded BSAs.

Merging/Copying data from DynDOLOD plugins into other plugins is not recommended. It will break the papyrus scripting as it relies on the plugin names.
Only do that if you know exactly what you are doing and are an expert with CK/xEdit, editing/recompiling scripts.

Even I would not waste my time with that. There is no reason to merge.

#274 gmahadhika

gmahadhika

Prisoner

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:57 AM

An INI file is just a text file with the *.INI suffix. You either create a new one or you copy an existing one and edit it to your needs.

Files in ..DynDOLOD\rules\ ship with DynDOLOD. Rules shipping with mods are in ..Data\DynDOLOD\ If an INI file with the appropriate file name does not exist in either then you know nothing shipped with the mod. Use xEdit Asset Browser (CTRL+F3) to look up file names in the load order, including files in the loaded BSAs.

Merging/Copying data from DynDOLOD plugins into other plugins is not recommended. It will break the papyrus scripting as it relies on the plugin names.
Only do that if you know exactly what you are doing and are an expert with CK/xEdit, editing/recompiling scripts.

Even I would not waste my time with that. There is no reason to merge.

So I should just make a DynDOLOD_TES5_warzonesesp.ini with the appropriate formatting? Does the .ini name makes a difference?

I have opened the Asset Browser and I typed "Warzones" in the search box. It gave 282 files. How do I write all those information into the DynDOLOD_TES5_warzonesesp.ini?

I see. So I should just:

1. Generate Smashed Patch

2. Resolve remaining Smashed Patch conflicts by hand

3. Deactivate Smashed Patch

4. Run FNIS

5. Generate DSR Skyproc Patch

6. Deactivate DSR Skyproc Patch

7. Generate DynDOLOD as per Open Cities instruction

8. Sort with LOOT

9. Enable all plugins

10. Finally play the game

Is that correct? Do I generate DynDOLOD with Smashed and Skyproc Patches active or deactivated? Thank you for putting up with me.

#275 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:10 PM

So I should just make a DynDOLOD_TES5_warzonesesp.ini with the appropriate formatting? Does the .ini name makes a difference?

I have opened the Asset Browser and I typed "Warzones" in the search box. It gave 282 files. How do I write all those information into the DynDOLOD_TES5_warzonesesp.ini?

I see. So I should just:
1. Generate Smashed Patch
2. Resolve remaining Smashed Patch conflicts by hand
3. Deactivate Smashed Patch
4. Run FNIS
5. Generate DSR Skyproc Patch
6. Deactivate DSR Skyproc Patch
7. Generate DynDOLOD as per Open Cities instruction
8. Sort with LOOT
9. Enable all plugins
10. Finally play the game

Is that correct? Do I generate DynDOLOD with Smashed and Skyproc Patches active or deactivated? Thank you for putting up with me.

The file name is important so the INI is found when the plugin is in the load order. If it is right and the content of INI can be parsed the log will print a line like "load x rules for pluginname.esp" when clicking low, medium or high button.

You could search just for .ini or DynDOLOD in the asset browser as it will find part of the filename. I doubt you will find one.

The order of steps seems fine.

Edited by sheson, 18 July 2018 - 03:12 PM.

#276 gmahadhika

gmahadhika

Prisoner

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:00 PM

The file name is important so the INI is found when the plugin is in the load order. If it is right and the content of INI can be parsed the log will print a line like "load x rules for pluginname.esp" when clicking low, medium or high button.

You could search just for .ini or DynDOLOD in the asset browser as it will find part of the filename. I doubt you will find one.

The order of steps seems fine.

Okay so how do I put rules in the .ini? Does the .ini naming follows the exact ESP/ESM naming of the particular mod?

Also, I've opened all meshes from the Warzones mod using nifskope and there aren't any camp or carriage mesh so I'm assuming it's vanilla assets.

What should I put in the .ini so these objects have LODs? Thank you.

#277 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:01 AM

Okay so how do I put rules in the .ini? Does the .ini naming follows the exact ESP/ESM naming of the particular mod?

Also, I've opened all meshes from the Warzones mod using nifskope and there aren't any camp or carriage mesh so I'm assuming it's vanilla assets.

What should I put in the .ini so these objects have LODs? Thank you.

DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html / How to add rules for your own mod: DynDOLOD.exe reads mesh rule from ini files that adhere to a simple file naming convention. Any non alpha numeric character is stripped from the mods file name and then changed to DynDOLOD_[modfilenameesp].ini. To supply different rules for low, medium or high presets use DynDOLOD_[modfilenameesp]_low.ini, DynDOLOD_[modfilenameesp]_medium.ini or DynDOLOD_[modfilenameesp]_high.ini.

So, yes it follows the exact name of the plugin, minus spaces and the . etc.

In order to find the model that is used by a reference in the world you look up its base record. Install Mfgconcole, since it tells you the base form id in console of the game after clicking an object. Type the base form id into the form id field top left of xEdit and press Enter to bring up the base record data in the right window. The Model / MODL - Model Filename entry shows you the the path\to\model.nif which is what you need to define a "mesh rule".

Typically a rule for an object for which not LOD model exists looks like this

LODGenXX=path\to\model.nif,,,,Far LOD,Unchanged,0

Make sure the numbering of each line starting with LODGenXX= begins at 1 at the top and is continuous without any gaps or repeating numbers to the bottom.

#278 gmahadhika

gmahadhika

Prisoner

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:20 PM

The name of the ESP is:

WARZONES - SSE - Civil Unrest.esp

So the .ini should be named:

DynDOLOD_warzonesssecivilunrestesp.ini

Correct?

That sounds easy enough, will try it when I got time later.

Do I follow that exact same rule though: LODGenXX=path\to\model.nif,,,,Far LOD,Unchanged,0

I want it to be neverfade. I don't think it's resource taxing anyway.

#279 gmahadhika

gmahadhika

Prisoner

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:13 AM

DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html / How to add rules for your own mod: DynDOLOD.exe reads mesh rule from ini files that adhere to a simple file naming convention. Any non alpha numeric character is stripped from the mods file name and then changed to DynDOLOD_[modfilenameesp].ini. To supply different rules for low, medium or high presets use DynDOLOD_[modfilenameesp]_low.ini, DynDOLOD_[modfilenameesp]_medium.ini or DynDOLOD_[modfilenameesp]_high.ini.

So, yes it follows the exact name of the plugin, minus spaces and the . etc.

In order to find the model that is used by a reference in the world you look up its base record. Install Mfgconcole, since it tells you the base form id in console of the game after clicking an object. Type the base form id into the form id field top left of xEdit and press Enter to bring up the base record data in the right window. The Model / MODL - Model Filename entry shows you the the path\to\model.nif which is what you need to define a "mesh rule".

Typically a rule for an object for which not LOD model exists looks like this

LODGenXX=path\to\model.nif,,,,Far LOD,Unchanged,0

Make sure the numbering of each line starting with LODGenXX= begins at 1 at the top and is continuous without any gaps or repeating numbers to the bottom.

Sorry for double-post. Mfgconsole is not available for SSE. Any alternatives?

#280 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,221 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:19 AM

The name of the ESP is:

WARZONES - SSE - Civil Unrest.esp

So the .ini should be named:

DynDOLOD_warzonesssecivilunrestesp.ini

Correct?

That sounds easy enough, will try it when I got time later.

Do I follow that exact same rule though: LODGenXX=path\to\model.nif,,,,Far LOD,Unchanged,0

I want it to be neverfade. I don't think it's resource taxing anyway.

The INI file name looks correct. Check the log when you press low, medium, high if it loads rules for the esp

For a true neverfade that shows beyond the Far Grid you can try setting 'Never Fade LOD' instead of 'Far LOD' as explained in the manual Configuration section. If that does not work, set 'Original' instead of 'Unchanged' as explained in the manual Configuration section.

Sorry for double-post. Mfgconsole is not available for SSE. Any alternatives?

Not that I know of. In that case use the reference form ID that is printed to console after clicking an object, enter that into xEdit to open the reference and in the right window find the row NAME - Base and CTRL+click onto its entry in the plugin column to open the base record.

#281 gmahadhika

gmahadhika

Prisoner

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:33 AM

I got a new problem. When I clicked the tent object, it gave me baseID of 000800d9 with type: STAT, but when I typed disable, the tent didn't dissapear. What does this mean?

I'm using an mfg mod for SSE so I could know the baseID.

#282 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,221 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:24 PM

I got a new problem. When I clicked the tent object, it gave me baseID of 000800d9 with type: STAT, but when I typed disable, the tent didn't dissapear. What does this mean?

I'm using an mfg mod for SSE so I could know the baseID.

You can not disable base records, only a reference placed in the world. Also references can only be disabled/enable from console if they do not have an XESP - Enable Parent. If the do have an enable parent, you need to disable/enable the highest enable parent instead.

DynDOLOD Resources SE ships with a LOD model for LargeImperialTent01.nif (also SmallImperialTent.nif and also the nordic tents)

If you want to add a rule for a model for which a LOD model exists already, you need to set 1 instead of 0 at the end and also define the static LOD levels. It is needed so objects that do not need dynamic LOD are still done as static object LOD for better performance.

So based on what we discussed above, the rules to overwrite the default behavior and have the tents to be never fades need to be one of these:

LODGenXX=path\to\model.nif,Static LOD4,Static LOD8,Static LOD16,Never Fade LOD,Unchanged,1
or
LODGenXX=path\to\model.nif,Static LOD4,Static LOD8,Static LOD16,Far LOD,Original,1

This will change all tents. If you want to only change specific tents added by warzones for example, replace the path\to\model.nif with [pluginsname.esp];[formid]
The first two digits of the form id which define the load order do not matter because the plugin name is used to determine that. So we set them to 00 for clarity.

LODGenXX=WARZONES - SSE - Civil Unrest.esp;000103B3,Static LOD4,Static LOD8,Static LOD16,Never Fade LOD,Unchanged,1
or
LODGenXX=WARZONES - SSE - Civil Unrest.esp;000103B3,Static LOD4,Static LOD8,Static LOD16,Far LOD,Original,1

A rule like above will set only this one very tent reference to never fade and leave the others to the default rules.

Edited by sheson, Yesterday, 12:26 PM.

#283 gmahadhika

gmahadhika

Prisoner

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:11 PM

I've followed what you said, and I've seen the change I made regarding Warzones when in DynDOLOD interface choosing which mesh to set.

But then again a new problem arise.

DynDOLOD gave me this error:

Exception in unit userscript line 300: FormID [0600A92D] references a master which is not available in file [99] DynDOLOD.esp

So it doesn't generate anything. If it helps, it repeatedly gave this error before that one:

Missing DATA - Flags 0x4 RealisticWaterTwo.esp _WTRIceFloes01_Anims [MSTT:9603261B]

I didn't tamper with Realistic Water Two at all. How do I resolve this? Thank you.

#284 gmahadhika

gmahadhika

Prisoner

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted Today, 02:43 AM

Sorry for double post again. Found the problem, a mod requiring open cities was still active.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod, special, edition, sse

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users