132 replies to this topic

#16 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:08 PM

1.3.9.0.8 update... no changes or updates regarding the large references flicker problem

#17 darkside

darkside

High King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:00 PM

1.3.9.0.8 update... no changes or updates regarding the large references flicker problem

Did Bethesda ever acknowledge that this bug exist? I will be sad if they take no action to fix it.

#18 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:44 AM

They are investigating

#19 dunc001

dunc001

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:16 AM

I discussed a bit with Wazel974 from Nexus, and we found out we have the same problem in the same condition (only when fast traveling in first person view, not in third person view).

This is interesting.  I always play in first person.  I'm going to try playing/saving/travelling in third person this evening and see if my Beyond Reach LOD not unloading issues are in any way related to POV

#20 tallgeese3w

tallgeese3w

Prisoner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:35 AM

This is definitely my number ONE mod for Skyrim, SSE is unplayable for me without it sadly.  Looking forward to this one immensely.  Any word on progress? 

#21 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:44 AM

I have no other updates from Bethesda.

From our end I can report, that SSELODGen (build into SSEdit), LODGGen.exe and the future version of DynDOLOD are basically as complete as they can be at the moment. I am basically just waiting for how to proceed: will it be fixed and if so how, or do we have to patch around the issues.

We have a first draft of a pas script for SSEEdit that generates the large reference data for new references added by a mod. Intended for mod authors.

All of this works perfectly fine and correctly in-game as long as the all mods in regards to large references are flagged as ESMs.

I am using the unofficial patch as testing grounds and all the results and knowledge go into it.

The CK is not fixed yet either. It can not generate large reference data for mods or generate correct static object LOD in case a esp plugin adds new reference which are considered to be large. Even if it could generate LOD for an entire worldspace without crashing...

At least for that we have fully working alternatives ready.

Edited by sheson, 17 December 2016 - 11:48 AM.

#22 Skadi

Skadi

Citizen

• Mod Authors
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:31 PM

I took my Skyrim generated Ultra trees and I dropped them into SSE with a mod manager. I tried this out on a whim two days ago, and I've checked out all the holds and wandered around without any obvious problems at all. It looks pretty much as it did in the original Skyrim. Are there any hidden pitfalls you can think of? Is there any reason that I shouldn't do this? 

#23 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:50 PM

I took my Skyrim generated Ultra trees and I dropped them into SSE with a mod manager. I tried this out on a whim two days ago, and I've checked out all the holds and wandered around without any obvious problems at all. It looks pretty much as it did in the original Skyrim. Are there any hidden pitfalls you can think of? Is there any reason that I shouldn't do this? 

There can be visual and performance problems. If you notice texture flicker of static object LOD, set the uLargeRefLODGridSize to 5, basically turning it off.

There should be no effects on save game or quests or anything by just using the old BTO format. They are just meshes that either load without crash and display or not.

The new Skyrim SE mesh format means the BTO size will be about half the size of what Skyrim BTOs used to be. So it will be faster to load and consume less memory.

Edited by sheson, 18 December 2016 - 06:52 PM.

#24 aymanalaz

aymanalaz

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:34 AM

SKSE64 will only be available as a beta in mid march. Would Dyndolod be available before that? Or is SKSE64 a requirement for dyndolod?

#25 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:17 AM

SKSE64 will only be available as a beta in mid march. Would Dyndolod be available before that? Or is SKSE64 a requirement for dyndolod?

I am waiting for Bethesda to fix or not fix the bug I reported. Obviously first releases of DynDOLOD for Skyrim SE will have a few missing features without SKSE64.

I could program a workaround with the bug. However, nothing is more depressing than working on something for a week or two and have it to become useless because the bug is fixed or behavior changed entirely.

IMHO Skyrim SE is not ready for play through anyways while this and other bugs exists like the broken water reflections for example.

In the meantime I am spending time on other things.

Edited by sheson, 03 January 2017 - 07:35 AM.

#26 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:29 PM

1.4.2.0.8 update... no changes or updates regarding the large references flicker problem

Every esp plugin that is changing ANY vanilla large reference (regardless if it has static LOD or not) will cause texture flicker in the corresponding cell.

#27 zilav

zilav

Commander

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:25 AM

I doubt they'll fix it. It doesn't affect their own content (including DLCs) in vanilla game, so they don't care unfortunately.

#28 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:00 AM

I doubt they'll fix it. It doesn't affect their own content (including DLCs) in vanilla game, so they don't care unfortunately.

They first seem to be trying to make sure their whole modding setup works well with their servers/clients. One would hope their next step is to make sure that the game and CK also works well with mods and creating them. If they loose that focus, we can always start a **** storm by showing how these bugs also exist on the consoles. I am sure /r will get mad in no time.

We do not need to worry for PC, since we can always fix ("clean") the vanilla .esm and/or create .esm  patches or "fix" the game engine once again with ENB/SKSE64 patches/plugins.

Consoles on the other should have those bugs fixed by Bethesda, it seems to align Bethesda interests.

#29 alt3rn1ty

alt3rn1ty

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:30 PM

Would it be worth trying one more reiteration of the problem here ..

https://bethesda.net...m-se-steam-beta

I'm giving the other graphics glitch another poke at BGS

#30 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:36 PM

Would it be worth trying one more reiteration of the problem here ..

https://bethesda.net...m-se-steam-beta

I'm giving the other graphics glitch another poke at BGS

The 1.4 patch notes do not say that the bug was fixed, so Beth knows it still needs fixing.

I gave all the info I could and there are no follow up questions. For all I know they are still looking into it for a future update.

Though a little nudge here or there won't hurt I guess.

Edited by sheson, 01 February 2017 - 04:37 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod, special, edition, sse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users