132 replies to this topic

#31 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:12 AM

DynDOLOD 2.22 supports Skyrim SE - as beta for expierenced users. See the update post and the included docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html

Edited by sheson, 10 March 2017 - 11:12 AM.

#32 GamerPoets

GamerPoets

Jarl

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:21 PM

Are there new steps to use Dyn with SE?

#33 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:39 PM

Not really. It is the same. Install DynDOLOD Resources SE from mega download. Install vanilla+dlc billboards and then billboards for tree mods. Then run TexGen and DynDOLOD with -sse command line parameter. Fewer options at the moment.

Edited by sheson, 10 March 2017 - 05:23 PM.

#34 Andreis

Andreis

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

Nice! Will post results soon

#35 Andreis

Andreis

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:10 AM

QHUoqIs.jpg6OQLb66.jpgXDlqPlS.jpg

#36 NoSeriously

NoSeriously

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:25 AM

Hi, I am getting an error on running DynDOLOD script - [00:09:27.645] Exception in unit userscript line 322: Access violation at address 000000000099E1E3 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 00000000722F0000.  

Last line of log reads : [00:09:27.561]    EnhancedLightsandFX.esp [REFR:00104393] (places FXMistLow01Long [MSTT:0007776F] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00104226] (in LabyrinthianMazeWorld "Shalidor's Maze" [WRLD:00104217] at 0,0)).

Any ideas?  I have already run the TexGen script without error.  Currently using V. 2.23, without Tree Lod Gen, as this also caused an error, and stopped script from running (no log text generated).

Edited by NoSeriously, 12 March 2017 - 11:25 AM.

#37 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

Hi, I am getting an error on running DynDOLOD script - [00:09:27.645] Exception in unit userscript line 322: Access violation at address 000000000099E1E3 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 00000000722F0000.  

Last line of log reads : [00:09:27.561]    EnhancedLightsandFX.esp [REFR:00104393] (places FXMistLow01Long [MSTT:0007776F] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00104226] (in LabyrinthianMazeWorld "Shalidor's Maze" [WRLD:00104217] at 0,0)).

Any ideas?  I have already run the TexGen script without error.  Currently using V. 2.23, without Tree Lod Gen, as this also caused an error, and stopped script from running (no log text generated).

No. post entire log into a new thread.

#38 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:31 AM

While working on a new Terrain LOD generator, I found more example of how massively broken the "improved" Skyrim SE visuals are. Picture below show the border between loaded cells (lower half) and LOD (upper half)

59721-1-1492518430.jpg59721-0-1492518430.jpg

#39 Rem_NL

Rem_NL

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:49 PM

there is a solution which works pretty nice T4GTR43UM3R made a terrain lod mod, you most likely are aware of, that masks some of these issues. In his other mod majestic mountains he has put some settings for the ini files which make the transition a lot smoother too (with his snow mod)

fSnowSSSColorB=2.4

fSnowSSSColorG=2.1
fSnowSSSColorR=1.8
iSnowSSSCurrentColor=3
fSnowGeometrySpecPower=0.3000
fSnowNormalSpecPower=-0.2000

I myself always called it improved snow shader with these " " things around the word improved myself. But I must say, with the right snow mods/enb and weather mods you can actually make it look a lot better than Oldrim in my experience. There is still some tweaking to be done to the dynamic snow on my setup, but I am slowly starting to prefer it on instead of off. 

#40 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

Yeah I have seen the recolored Oscape terrain LOD textures. It is a pita to batch convert all those files to something acceptable.

As far as I tested, none of these settings can fix the problem that the "improved" shaders only affect the loaded cells, but not area LOD, while actually affecting the blended LOD at the edge of the loaded cells.

So depending on the time of day / weather you get this border because the "blend landscape to LOD" function just keeps applying the "improved snow" shader to the blended LOD. It would be best, if it would know which part of the terrain LOD is snow and which is not, which of course is not possible without adding that extra info some way or another which of course Bethesda didn't. Which is just another example of how bad and tacked-on these visual "improvements" really are.

The Terrain LOD generator I am working on will have options to automatically adjust brightness/contrast and gamma correction of the blended (splatted) landscape textures, so everybody can easily create better matching terrain LOD for their load order themselves.

If anyone ever finds a method to disable the "blend to LOD" at the edge of the loaded cells, please let me know.

Edited by sheson, 20 April 2017 - 04:53 PM.

#41 zilav

zilav

Commander

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:48 AM

It would be best, if it would know which part of the terrain LOD is snow and which is not, which of course is not possible without adding that extra info some way or another which of course Bethesda didn't.

What about "Is Snow" flag added to landscape textures LTEX in Update.esm? I thought this is what triggers their new snow shader.

#42 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

What about "Is Snow" flag added to landscape textures LTEX in Update.esm? I thought this is what triggers their new snow shader.

Yeah that one. The engine uses it to check if the lower and higher layers have snow (LandscapeTexture1to4IsSnow, LandscapeTexture5to6IsSnow, etc) and to calculate the effect. However, all that is lost when splatting textures for LOD. In fact I am pretty sure they just took the Skyrim LOD textures and batched processed them in an image program, instead of creating new ones - not that it would matter for this.

The screenshot shows that in the loaded cells the "improved" snow shader does not blend when the terrain changes to the LOD texture at the edges. IMHO that should have been the minimum effort to avoid such obvious visual bugs. While there still would be a difference between the snow and the LOD "snow", at lest it would gradually fade. Still bad when player moves around, but at least not such an obvious border.

A better option would be, if the terrain LOD (for example triggered by shader type WorldMap4 or SLF2_LOD_Landscape) uses a "snow map", similar to a glow map for example to indicate the snow areas of the terrain LOD textures. But then again, this is all based on decades old techniques :)

#43 Rem_NL

Rem_NL

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:28 AM

I have very very limited experience and even less knowledge about modding, but it might actually improve quite a bit if all landscape lod gets flagged as considered snow, might give some unwanted visual bugs, but it might lead to a better overall looking landscape lod. 

#44 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

I have very very limited experience and even less knowledge about modding, but it might actually improve quite a bit if all landscape lod gets flagged as considered snow, might give some unwanted visual bugs, but it might lead to a better overall looking landscape lod. 

Even if that would be possible, then you would have same type of problem on every cell edge where there is no snow.

#45 Andreis

Andreis

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:26 AM

Does the SkyrimSELargeRefGrid folder contain optional stuff? or is it something that DynDOLOD.exe is already using?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod, special, edition, sse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users