84 replies to this topic

#76 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:08 AM

Log says that "No large reference is overwritten by an esp". Actually those objects do appear as i move towards them with free camera. I've checked their IDs in SSEdit, and dyndolod.esp does not touch them. Its not a big deal actually I was just curious why it's happening. 

If zou could let me know the form ids, I would like to have a look when I get the chance.

#77 Sarcarsis

Sarcarsis

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:57 AM

I've made a little map for the reference.

1. 0006ea79

2. 0006ebcb

3. 0003abd0

4. 000e43b1

5. 000261d7

6. 0006ea40

7. 0006ea41

Interestingly enough they are all DirtCliffs. Thank you for your time.

#78 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

I've made a little map for the reference.

1. 0006ea79

2. 0006ebcb

3. 0003abd0

4. 000e43b1

5. 000261d7

6. 0006ea40

7. 0006ea41

Interestingly enough they are all DirtCliffs. Thank you for your time.

Would you mind also uploading the log from DynDOLOD for that generation. Maybe nothing comes from it, but I like to check it out if I find some time.

#79 Sarcarsis

Sarcarsis

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:47 PM

Sure. Here it is.

#80 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:27 PM

Sure. Here it is.

Thanks, I will post here if I discover anything, but it could be a while.

#81 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:26 AM

Sure. Here it is.

I had no luck trying to reproduce this yet. Would you mind uploading your esp somewhere?

It seems odd that only some specific objects seem to be missing while nothing changes their references or anything else for that matter.

It should not make a difference, but if you like, generate with this test version to see if anything is different.

When doing tests, use tll in console to turn off all static/tree LOD. Then it is easier to see the remaining large references past the loaded cells.

#82 Sarcarsis

Sarcarsis

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:58 PM

I've tried test version and result is the same. But I'm starting to think that it is game engine thing, as these objects fade in as I move towards them. So objects are there. Maybe when .esp adds more objects memory gets allocated differently or something. Strange that only those dirt cliffs behave that way. I've uploaded esp if you want to take a look.

#83 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:27 PM

I've tried test version and result is the same. But I'm starting to think that it is game engine thing, as these objects fade in as I move towards them. So objects are there. Maybe when .esp adds more objects memory gets allocated differently or something. Strange that only those dirt cliffs behave that way. I've uploaded esp if you want to take a look.

This looks like the dirtcliffs are already loaded, but their decals fading in. Something that also happens with Skyrim, but with the old engine it is typically a lot sooner.

See if setting these values in Skyrim.ini changes anything.

[LightingShader]
fDecalLODFadeEnd=1.0000
fDecalLODFadeStart=1.0000

#84 Sarcarsis

Sarcarsis

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

That did the trick. Thanks for your help. But still, why dyndolod.esp was affecting it?

Edited by Sarcarsis, 09 July 2017 - 03:33 PM.

#85 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:32 PM

That did the trick. Thanks for your help. But still, why dyndolod.esp was affecting it?

From Skyrim we know the decal fade happens sooner the more objects with decals are active - glow LOD windows for example. Then the fade happens early inside the loaded cells. For Skryim SE the esp alone should not really add any such objects, since there is no dynamic LOD. I am as much surprised as you. My ini already has those/similar settings. I am actually not sure if it is because of BethINI or if I added them manually at some point. All in all I am as much surprised as you that this happens like this in SKyrim SE :) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod, special, edition, sse

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users