• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#121 smokeyjoe

smokeyjoe

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:44 AM

Just wanted to follow up and say that I got this to work after all..

I was getting the "exception in userscript line 305" that several others noted in other posts and the link from Sheson below to another test version fixed it. Quoted it but not sure if the link will work to the test version.. this is thread - http://forum.step-pr...e-305/?p=207655

Cheers!

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:13 PM

Please download this test version and simply replace the exe ..DynDOLOD\DynDOLODx64.exe

Set Debug=1 in ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

Then run Falskaar only again. It should produce a somewhat better error message at the critical point.

If it manages to print a form id check that record for anomalies and/or check the plugin for errors in xEdit, etc. If it is a plugin from a mod available for download let me know.

#122 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:15 PM

Not that we expected anything different from Bethesda, but the beta engine version 1.5.3.0.8 still did not fix the large reference bug or the broken tree LOD reflections.

Shame. Ding.

#123 Astakos

Astakos

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:18 PM

Of course! They are not interested in fixing bugs...they just want to see their so-called "Creation Club" coming to life for SSE.

That was their plan after all...the main reason that SSE was created!!

Anyway...no more off-topic rant...

Have you noticed any incompatibilities with mods when running their new beta version?

#124 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:17 PM

I didn't do any further tests other than checking that the new ESL plugin types and its BSA are loaded by DynDOLOD. I will check large reference behavior with ESL in the next couple days since ESM behaves different to ESP. I doubt ESL will behave any different to ESP, but still needs a test to be sure of course, just in case.

#125 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:14 AM

ESL seem to behave just like ESM in regards to large references.

#126 Janswin

Janswin

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

Hi,.. Itake the liberty of posting here with a peculiar problem concerning Dyndolod for SSE

Perhaps there is someone who can make something out of this.
I have been installing Skyrim SE the past two days  and was generating LOD with DynDolod for SE. I installed everything the way it should be. I first did tex gen, and that went allright and is already installed and working. Now I'm at the point of generating LOD with the DynDOLOD64-sse.exe, but it will not do so.
In the manual it says to rename the executables into -sse, wich I did. All it does , however, is recognise the load order and add masters . After that I get the message that the dyndolod.exe cannot be found and that I have to rename it.... 
If I rename it back to dyndolod64.exe it does not recognise anything (obviously).The .exe is present so something else is going on, and I can't figure out what it is.
Has anyone encountered this before and perhaps solved it??

I've made a screenshot of that last line, wich looks like this
If anyone could help me with this, it would be appreciated,..

#127 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:35 PM

Hi,.. Itake the liberty of posting here with a peculiar problem concerning Dyndolod for SSE
I have been installing Skyrim SE the past two days  and was generating LOD with DynDolod for SE. I installed everything the way it should be. I first did tex gen, and that went allright and is already installed and working. Now I'm at the point of generating LOD with the DynDOLOD64-sse.exe, but it will not do so.
In the manual it says to rename the executables into -sse, wich I did. All it does , however, is recognise the load order and add masters . After that I get the message that the dyndolod.exe cannot be found and that I have to rename it.... 
If I rename it back to dyndolod64.exe it does not recognise anything (obviously).The .exe is present so something else is going on, and I can't figure out what it is.

I've made a screenshot of that last line, wich looks like this

The manual does not say anything about to renaming the executable.

Add -sse as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Skyrim SE mode. See DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt for help.

#128 Janswin

Janswin

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:01 AM

Janswin, on 01 Oct 2017 - 02:26 AM, said:snapback.png

Hi,.. Itake the liberty of posting here with a peculiar problem concerning Dyndolod for SSE
I have been installing Skyrim SE the past two days  and was generating LOD with DynDolod for SE. I installed everything the way it should be. I first did tex gen, and that went allright and is already installed and working. Now I'm at the point of generating LOD with the DynDOLOD64-sse.exe, but it will not do so.
In the manual it says to rename the executables into -sse, wich I did. All it does , however, is recognise the load order and add masters . After that I get the message that the dyndolod.exe cannot be found and that I have to rename it.... 

I've made a screenshot of that last line, wich looks like this

The manual does not say anything about to renaming the executable.

Add -sse as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Skyrim SE mode. See DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt for help. 

Hello once again,...  I've  seen what I did wrong and now followed the steps properly from the manual.

Created shortcuts and added the command lines as specified.

I generated lod with xedit and then started Dyndolod. But then I got  this and even after starting the launcher within the steam library I keep getting the same message. Do you have any idea what this might be ?

I did some researh on it ,but this mostly happens to xedit and I've not seen one post somewhere , where it related to Dyndolod.

Edited by Janswin, 01 October 2017 - 08:02 AM.

#129 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:09 AM

Hello once again,...  I've  seen what I did wrong and now followed the steps properly from the manual.
Created shortcuts and added the command lines as specified.
I generated lod with xedit and then started Dyndolod. But then I got  this and even after starting the launcher within the steam library I keep getting the same message. Do you have any idea what this might be ?
I did some researh on it ,but this mostly happens to xedit and I've not seen one post somewhere , where it related to Dyndolod.

DynDOLOD.exe is just a modified xEdit.exe so it works the same in these regards.

If SSEEDIT.exe (or xEdit.exe -sse) starts normally without complaining about the registry entry, then the most likely reason for DynDOLOD not to find the registry entry is that the command line parameter -see is not applied properly and it is looking for the registry entry for Skyrim instead of Skyrim SE.

Edited by sheson, 01 October 2017 - 08:16 AM.

#130 Janswin

Janswin

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:19 AM

Hi Sheson,..   just wanted to let you know that you were right. The application command was not applied correctly by me.

In my haste I added -tes5 behind it, wich would indicate looking for the oldrim path. Once I changed that into -sse everything worked perfectly.

Thanks for your help and patience,...

My firstborn is on it's way to you,.  ;)

#131 Kossu

Kossu

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:37 AM

Im so sorry this has been asked to death probably, but roughly how far we are from general release for Dyndolod sse?

Also I do not have kids(yet), do you accept goat sacrifices sheson?

Have a great week, and thanks for all great work you have done!

#132 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:09 PM

DynDOLOD Skyrim SE will not be out of beta and only have limited testing/support as long as Skyrim SE has certain game breaking bugs that make that game version useless for serious play-through.

Having said that, I am currently working/testing with alphas of SKSE64 and PapyrusUtil64 and once that is done will keep working on terrain LOD and improved (normal maps) billboard tree LOD.

Animal sacrifice is acceptable as long as it is bloody.

#133 PeterMartyr

PeterMartyr

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:54 AM

Just want to show my bloody veneration. :clap:    (Those two words don't work well together    :unsure:)   :unworthy: 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod, special, edition, sse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users