Skyrim Special Edition Default Values for All Valid INI Settings

DoubleYou

Edit:  Also before I found you'd already dumped all the values, I was looking into it myself, organizing the [Display] settings I wanted to look into.  I'll keep updating this as I look into more of the values:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTMxne67vKkF4JXkhubv8wdCNd9frb2lIy2cgJMLS-H496M6nSzUE23ZkdzSPR7JDIf9g2rENGA_X5W/pubhtml

I'm looking at those ini settings.

I don't know if I get this right but, all those AO, Bloom, Lensflare and Tonemapping settings, does it mean that by editing those setting we can create something like a reshade without a third party application, just sharing ini settings?
Edited by Hackfield

::):

I see these lines in the base SSE Skyrim.ini file, and expanded references to this type of thing are also made in the Skyrim.ini included in the original post :

bLoadArchiveInMemory=1
sArchiveToLoadInMemoryList=Skyrim - Animations.bsa

Could this mean there is now a mechanism to preload specific bsa's into main memory ?
Not sure how significant such a capability would be, but I suppose it might provide faster access to the data if one had the extra memory available.
Just food for thought.

I have tested the setting, and that is indeed what it does. Whatever BSAs are entered in sArchiveToLoadInMemoryList when bLoadArchiveInMemory is enabled are loaded into system memory at startup, which increases the startup time, but perhaps may improve performance/stability at the cost of high RAM usage. Use with caution.

Any list or recommended tweaks for the CK64 CreationKit.ini and CreationKitPrefs.ini?

Yes.

You still have to add the multiple masters line to the CreationKit.ini.

[General]
bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

If you're going to be messing with scripts, you have to unpack the Scripts.zip file (I recommend using a mod manager for this so you can easily add and remove them), and you have to add the lines for the scripts to the to the CreationKit.ini. Mine looks like the below:

[Papyrus]
bPerforceEnabled = 0
iMinMemoryPageSize = 128
iMaxMemoryPageSize = 512
sCompilerFolder="Papyrus Compiler\"
sScriptCompiledFolder="Data\Scripts\"
sScriptSourceFolder="Data\Scripts\Source"

Please note that the above path for sScriptSourceFolder is not the default path. I have mine set up to match how the paths for old Skyrim. SSE changed the path in the archive for whatever reason (or they packaged it incorrectly) so the new CK can't find the script source files for any mods being ported over to SSE. Bethesda is apparently aware the the problem. I don't know if they've fix it yet. If they did, then the paths above should be correct.

That's all I've had to do to get the CK running correctly for me.

Thanks DY and Teck

've used these with the old CK but I don't know if they are still needed:

[Audio]
bEnableAudio=0

[Grass]
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0

[General]
bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1
bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

[Archive]
SResourceArchiveList2=... Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

Another really useful line for the CK, specially for those who open the CK multiple times an hour.

[Messages]
bBlockMessageBoxes=1

It disables the warnings when you opened the CK

Can't think of any reason to be opening the the CK multiple times an hour. Even for testing you can save and simply load the game to see your changes. This is, of course, if you're saving your plugin directly to the data folder. I also wouldn't recommend disabling those messages. They are most often from the base game, but every once in a while one can pop up for your plugin that you was unaware was an issue.

Can't think of any reason to be opening the the CK multiple times an hour. Even for testing you can save and simply load the game to see your changes. This is, of course, if you're saving your plugin directly to the data folder. I also wouldn't recommend disabling those messages. They are most often from the base game, but every once in a while one can pop up for your plugin that you was unaware was an issue.

In my case, I use both CK and xEdit at the same time. For some reason, there is no option in the CK to only see what the plugin modifies.
So I use xEdit to modify most things and have an overall view of my plugin. Then I use the CK to add/edit things that I can't in xEdit (quests/scripts/etc).
That's why I often open the CK several times in a short period.

As for the warnings, the base game warning are so many that if my plugin has a issue, the message will be lost in the myriad of warnings, I'll probably find the issue myself before realise the CK shoots me a warning.

In my case, I use both CK and xEdit at the same time. For some reason, there is no option in the CK to only see what the plugin modifies.
So I use xEdit to modify most things and have an overall view of my plugin. Then I use the CK to add/edit things that I can't in xEdit (quests/scripts/etc).
That's why I often open the CK several times in a short period.

As for the warnings, the base game warning are so many that if my plugin has a issue, the message will be lost in the myriad of warnings, I'll probably find the issue myself before realise the CK shoots me a warning.

Fair enough. Everyone has their own way of doing things. :^_^: I, personally, only use xEdit to clean and create patches. I know some modders use it almost exclusively to create their mods.

• 1 month later...

fWaterSSRIntensity=0.5000

seems to work nicely for me. This will remove the weird black bar you get when looking at the water at an certain angle.  (on my setup). It also removes the weird green reflections you see from waterfalls and foamy water reflecting. i tried setting of 0.9 and 0.7 but could still somewhat see this shift in darkness (black line). I searched the ini settings but couldnt find any rgb setting for the ssr to tinker with. 

Thanks for this nice forum btw

made a short vid with 0.0001 

• 2 years later...

Hi sorry, I posted this in the wrong place but here it is.

fShadowDirectionalBiasScale=0.47 is apparently much more optimal then 0.15 for reducing shadow striping issues.

Although, for me it didn't seem to help at all.

Edited by Soulmancer

• 6 months later...

Skyrim.ini

[Display]
fSnowSSSColorB=0.0800
fSnowSSSColorG=0.0000
fSnowSSSColorR=0.0000

For the settings above to work the also listed...

[Display]
iSnowSSSCurrentColor=2

... must be set to 3.

Skyrim.ini

[Display]
bUseFilmicCurve=0
fFilmicWhiteScale=1.4000

Changes can be seen using setting bUseFilmicCurve=1 and pairing with changes to fFilmicWhiteScale. Useful? Who knows.

Information provided by T4gtr34um3r of Majestic Mountains via Discord.

I had briefly tested the filmic settings, but I really couldn't see much use for them.

What are the Snow ones for? It is always good to learn about settings that are dependent upon other settings in order for them to work. I can see this changes the color of something, but I am not sure what without testing.