SR:LE (by Neovalen): LIST OF MODS AND THEIR CURRENT STATUS REGARDING THE NEW ""SPECIAL EDITION"" OFFICIAL RELEASE

SKSE seems to be moving along quite well.

[PC] Official SKSE64 thread by behippo in skyrimmods

[–]behippo[S] 44 points
4 days ago 

Alright - here is a smaller update than I was planning. A good deal more progress has been made. Since my last update I have done a first pass decoding of Spells, Magic Effects, References (TESObjectREFR, Actor, PlayerCharacter), ExtraData and the Inventory. I have successfully tested functions walking over the player's spells and printing out information about them. I have tested getting and setting various values on the Weapon class. I have decoded new information about Light objects (found while investigating magic effects.)

Some of the corresponding papyrus functions do not work right out of the box and will need investigating. Some examples: Spell.GetMagickaCost() doesn't seem to be returning the expected value; Actor.SheatheWeapon() doesn't seem to be working. The first is likely a decoding error or scripting error on my part (or the costs really are that low). The second error calls directly into a virtual function on the Actor class which may mean the virtual table layout changed which will take more investigation. None of the Inventory code has been tested yet.

So I didn't make enough progress to have a good enough set of interesting functions to do a demo video. I will work on that and hopefully will be at a point sometime next week. Brendan has been making progress on our plugin code and we may be able to show off a plugin in the video if the timing works out.

No matter where things stand I'll do another update early next week.

Wow, even if is a alpha stage, I did not expected that early move, really nice news, darkside, right now, more than 60% of mods in neo guide has been ported or can be used as they are or with little mod, so, think how fast will be with skse64 on the front, nice.

60% is amazingly fast porting.

Now we need news from the NMMO or whatever it will be called.

Don't remind me about MO , I'm still in mourning[emoji27] , I seriously hate NMM it's so..limited. Let's hope Tannin will shape the new NMM as close as possible as MO was good

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

what's wrong with MO2 + the plugin ?

MO2 (I'm using it aswell right now) is still very bugged and not anymore updated, so sooner or later we all have to stop using it. The only alternative will be the new NMM.

Also i'm quite sure Neo will not suggest/use a bugged / unmantained mod manager when he will start the SRSE guide here: wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Special_Edition

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Edited by remlnx

MO2 (I'm using it aswell right now) is still very bugged and not anymore updated, so sooner or later we all have to stop using it. The only alternative will be the new NMM.

Also i'm quite sure Neo will not suggest/use a bugged / unmantained mod manager when he will start the SRSE guide here: wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Special_Edition

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

I believe he is waiting for SKSE64 and a better Mod Manager to be released same as i am (and most likely most of use are really). You could give Wrye Bash a go many people have great success with it.

I am in so much mourning about MO being abandoned.  I felt it a bit when I was looking to mod SSE.  I decided to just play a Beth lite modded version as I couldn't bring myself to use NMM.  Then when I started the Yash'd guide for Oldrim, I fell in love with MO all over again.  I cannot even imagine how I could survive that mod guide without the MO tool.  I absolutely need a quality mod organizer for SSE prior to engaging into any serious modding. 

I'm using MO2 for SSE with my very heavy modlist and it's working as easy and comfortable as the old MO. There are only very minor issues like ini files in profiles not working and a CTD now and then. I can not imagine using Wrye Bash (for mod management) or NMM again.

I am in so much mourning about MO being abandoned.  I felt it a bit when I was looking to mod SSE.  I decided to just play a Beth lite modded version as I couldn't bring myself to use NMM.  Then when I started the Yash'd guide for Oldrim, I fell in love with MO all over again.  I cannot even imagine how I could survive that mod guide without the MO tool.  I absolutely need a quality mod organizer for SSE prior to engaging into any serious modding. 

Wrye evangelizers here claim that Wrye is even better than MO once you jump past the learning curve, but I'm a little dubious.  Fortunately, the MO dev was hired by Nexus for what appears the explicit purpose of making NMM much more MO-like.  Of course, there'll be downtime while stuff is coded and sorted, but we all have to wait for SKSE anyway....

Personally, I wonder if I haven't reached the end of my modding journey.  If the LOTD Reqtified build I've got now holds, I can't imagine what else I could reasonably add that I would want.  The modding community always surprises, though, so I'm sure I'll come back in a couple years when everything's sorted and do a whole new build :D

I dont think SKSE64 is far away, the dev team is working on it for over 1 month and i've read on another post here that they getting close to a first version.

Still if im not wrong, the new SKSE will be more like F04 one, more limited than the Oldrim 32 version right?

About Wrye Bash, i used it back few years to mod my Oblivion but on Skyrim i only used it for the Bashed Patch. I admit it's not bad as mod manager aswell, but it really is unfriendly and definitely not for everyone.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.