• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16 TenshoHappyCat

TenshoHappyCat

Prisoner

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:50 PM

Very excited for the idea of an updated STEP for the special edition of Skyrim. For now, I will play with the old version.

#17 evmiller

evmiller

Prisoner

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:43 AM

HAGRAVEN by Kayjuan has also just been ported. I might also recommend that new mods that have been accepted in STEP 2.10.0 be added to the list as well. I'm guessing it will be released before an official guide for SE.

#18 evmiller

evmiller

Prisoner

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:03 AM

Also, It's obvious that there will be mods that will never get ported over, however there is a lot of the STEP mods that can be hand ported by the end user relatively easily using existing tools. A list of them might be beneficial for those who are willing to dive into that. Until replacements and/or permissions can be acquired.

#19 Hyareil

Hyareil

Prisoner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:47 AM

More mods that were released for SSE and are not on the list:

Potentially interesting (?):

Edited by Hyareil, 23 January 2017 - 05:58 AM.

#20 evmiller

evmiller

Prisoner

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

Improved closefaced helmets just hit SSE today

#21 evmiller

evmiller

Prisoner

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

I'm painstakingly trying to port over as much of STEP 2.10.0 to SSE as can be done atm, however there is no STEP compilation mod yet for SSE and there is quite a few mods we're dealing with here. I know I can download the mods separately, but that begs the question. Do I place the mods back into their old spot on the guide before they were merged or place them at the end where the STEP compilation would be (which is what I've done). It became obvious that the complete file-set for these mods aren't being used in the compilation. Such as Bellyaches animal and creature pack overwriting files form 101bugs, Sabrecat, and Mammoth for instance. Those mods are newer on the guide and I'm sure they're not meant to be overwritten. The troublesome one is Serious HD. It used to be in the conflicting graphics section but right now this mod is overwriting files from Skyrim HD, Improved Vanilla Mountains HD, and SFO. I've made an educated guess and hid the files overwriting IVM and SFO, but no idea what is supposed to win out between it and Skyrim HD, they both are section 2F mods. Does anyone have any insight? I'm sure I'm not the only one trying to build STEP on SSE.

As far as the port is going? Really well in fact. Just very time consuming. A few considerations below.

The Bad

-Downloading manually from Oldrim Nexus into MO2. Point your browsers downloads to go into MO's download folder and this problem will basically be nullified.

-You'll obviously have to input version numbers by hand and zero out the nexus ID. Just add nexus page link in the notes tab.

-MO2 is at a stage where it can be used for modding, but it will crash nearly every time you try to start the game after you use it to run an external application. Just close out and restart MO after you run an external executable.

-You'll have to check for updates on your Oldrim build on MO1.

-As a rule you'll have to repackage bsa's, use nif converter on the nif's and run .esp's through CK64, but there WILL be exceptions. "Intimate HD Fire Effects" would crash after nif conversion and had to go in vanilla.

"HD Stone Quarry and Clay Deposit" had to go in vanilla because that nif got messed up too. Some .esp's got ruined being saved in CK64. Masters were removed during the save so their were tons of missing ref's in the .esp when viewed under SSEEdit. I re-save nearly all esps's but the few that had to go in vanilla because of those issues were form 43's and so far work without issue.

The Good

If you weren't impressed by SSE's graphics and have held out. STEP on SEE will win you over. Even without SKSE. Most of the mods will port over and even though I'm only have 75% ported, it already look better then Oldrim. The new effects look great with the STEP texture selection. I even think performance has increased a bit.  SSE is definitely more stable. I've been pulling mods on and off my build and in oldrim this save would have been trash by now.

#22 tjax323

tjax323

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:42 PM

I'd like to suggest adding SSE High Quality Music for the STEP SSE consideration found here -> link.

Here's the link to the modpage -> SSE High Quality Music.

The goal of this mod is to replace the severe Bethesda compressed vanilla music to the UN-compressed Vanilla music. If ever I could think of a mod tailor made for STEP guidelines that's not already on the above list for consideration, this has got to the be the one. The difference in sound in a Home Theater setup or headphones is VERY noticeable, and again, it's the vanilla music- just PS4 level uncompressed sound fidelity instead of the compression in the PC vanilla version. The author is also very involved with updates and is very helpful to boot. Just seems to me a perfect match for STEP along with a real true need for audio mods in general due to the audio compression in SSE.

Edited by tjax323, 21 February 2017 - 07:47 PM.

#23 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,107 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:07 PM

I'd like to suggest adding SSE High Quality Music for the STEP SSE consideration found here -> link.

Here's the link to the modpage -> SSE High Quality Music.

The goal of this mod is to replace the severe Bethesda compressed vanilla music to the UN-compressed Vanilla music. If ever I could think of a mod tailor made for STEP guidelines that's not already on the above list for consideration, this has got to the be the one. The difference in sound in a Home Theater setup or headphones is VERY noticeable, and again, it's the vanilla music- just PS4 level uncompressed sound fidelity instead of the compression in the PC vanilla version. The author is also very involved with updates and is very helpful to boot. Just seems to me a perfect match for STEP along with a real true need for audio mods in general due to the audio compression in SSE.

I was a bit surprised by this. I didn't think I would be able to tell a difference; however, when I was listening to the preview video I closed my eyes and opened them when I thought is was on the mod's audio. You really can hear a difference. It's a bit..."broader" in the sound. Very nice.

Okay everyone. I've finished updating the project page and have even included a STEP SSE Patch for those daring enough to test things out. Don't get too excited. A SSE Guide is still a long while off. There will be a lot of testing to do.

#24 TorNyan

TorNyan

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

From Project:Skyrim Special Edition:

Wrye Bash is currently the best mod manager to use for SSE.

What about this: TESVSE Plugin for Mod Organizer 2?

Edited by TorNyan, 09 March 2017 - 07:51 PM.

#25 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:20 PM

MO2, as it currently exists, isn't as stable as it could be and you will probably experience issues. It is still in beta and the current developer lacks C++ skill, in his own words.

#26 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,107 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:30 AM

All the mod managers have some quirks about them for SSE; however, of them, WB is the most stable and reliable. I've been using it for some time to do both light gaming and mod development in SSE without any real issues. WB simply has a steeper learning curve for users who aren't already familiar with it and want to jump in early on SSE modding.

I say "early" because I still consider modding for SSE to be in a beta state. The CK still has issues and crashes without fail on some tasks, SKSE isn't out, a proper mod manager isn't complete, many mods still need to be ported, many other mods break when ported due to bad modding practices and have to be rebuilt, etc. etc. Getting SSE to the point where Skyrim is now is going to take time.

#27 remlnx

remlnx

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:02 AM

I still think WB is not for everyone, lot less intuitive compared to MO2/NMM, probably not the best place to start for who is entering the "modding world" for the first time. Said that I don't have any and never had issues with MO2 (my SSE is with over 100 mods).
The majority of the issues can be avoided if you use the "portable" installation when prompted

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9

#28 TorNyan

TorNyan

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:15 PM

Has the Oldrim mods listed under STEP Compilation Mods in Project:Skyrim Special Edition been tested with Skyrim Special Edition yet?

#29 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,107 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

Has the Oldrim mods listed under STEP Compilation Mods in Project:Skyrim Special Edition been tested with Skyrim Special Edition yet?

No, I have not personally tested them.

#30 sbroadbent

sbroadbent

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:57 AM

I've been going through the SSE list (http://wiki.step-pro...Special_Edition) and under 2K Clutter and Miscellaneous, "Ruins Clutter Improved" completely overwrites everything provided by "LeanWolf's Improved Enchanter Candle Meshes SE", if of course the mods are installed in the order that they are listed.

Since Ruins Clutter Improved was originally part of the STEP Compilation download, my guess is that it's inclusion was curated to not include some meshes that LeanWolf's mod also includes, thus no specific instructions on which files win conflicts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users