7 replies to this topic

#1 Fantomax

Fantomax

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 12:45 AM

Sorry for asking this. But, what's STEP verdict about new WATER mod updates?

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,107 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 12:49 AM

It's on my radar since I help SP with the mod, but we haven't tested it yet.

#3 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 02:34 AM

Just curious, does your WATER conflict as much as RW2 does? I don't know much about how water works in Skyrim, maybe there is no way around it? Most conflicts are in parent records where RW2 only edits the child record. I know they are easily solved with proper load order. Still, fewer conflicts is always nice.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#4 SparrowPrince

SparrowPrince

High King

• Mod Authors
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:43 AM

A lot of small to medium edits in the mod in terms of water. If Bethesda decided to actually make a per-water LOD system, I would include edits to larger expanses. Currently the system is junk and can cause visible seams because the LOD water is always sea water. In the SE, I wanted to retain a lot of the flow because it's a new feature for goodness sake! ;)  I ripped it out on all small-medium ponds, but keeping it in elsewhere is a personal and technical choice. 

#5 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,107 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:40 AM

The 90% of the conflicts are due to the placement of the waves. The rest are mainly just different water types being placed, like in Riften or changing out river water for creek water. USLEEP and USSEP are carried forward so it should be safe for most to simply place it low in their load orders. It does require some patching a LOOT sorted load order, tho. The patching for WATER is a trivial process, really. It's not like some mods that leave you wondering which plugin should be winning the conflict because you're not sure how the mod is using the record. :turned:

#6 Fantomax

Fantomax

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:01 AM

IDK, but I really interested in this new WATER version (so hyped!). Maybe, we should compare RW2 with this new stuff?

#7 SparrowPrince

SparrowPrince

High King

• Mod Authors
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:16 AM

If for any reason one mod is preferred to the other in certain areas, you can easily mix them together anyway. All you really need is both textures\water files for the plugin you want to use, then nearly all other files can be mixed in from the other mod. I have had to explain this many times to people. I actively encourage it with my Plants module, as I don't link it to the main file to falsely force people to use the main plugin.

#8 Fantomax

Fantomax

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:12 AM

After seeing this video, I really urge people to try new WATER.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users