DynDOLOD w/ E. Landscapes and SFO - Purple Trees, memory crash

hansiol

Question

Hi, I would really like to try your mod. Tried to install it exacly as GamerPoets' video said, I have read all the tips on the mod's Nexus main site, but still, I can't figure out how to install it correctly.

The issue is:
when I load the game (f.e. at Whiterun Stables) everything seems ok, no fps loss, but... the trees in the distance are all purple (I will attach a screenshot later) and some minutes later I'm getting crash "skyrim has failed to allocate memory..."
my install of DynDOLOD was set to high, max tile size set to 1024, with 512 LOD textures size via TexGen. Everything went smoothly, both programmes shown me "installation succesful".
also, i'm using SFO and Enchanced Landscapes mods. Firstly I installed the Enchanced Landscapes, then Indistinguishable Vanilla Tree Billboards, then I overwrited them with SFO billboards, then the installation was in the video's proposed order.

My hardware specs:
Intel i5 4690k with OC to 4.2 GHz
MSI GTX 970 Gaming Edit. with slightly OC

8 GB of 1600 MHz Ram

SSD Disk that skyrim is located at
and Win 10, if it matters 😛

so I think my rig could handle the mod easily, I'm playing with 200 graphic mods and still on stable 60 fps.

Please, tell me why I'm getting the purple trees and that crash, seems weird for me. Is my install order wrong, or should I do something more, I don't really know, it is my first time with your mod.
SS:
https://imgur.com/gallery/TlIE5

My load order (done via LOOT😞

https://imgur.com/gallery/nmUap

Edit:

ofc I'm using latest SKSE, PapyrusUtility, and Nexus Mod Manager, every mod is up to date.

8 answers to this question

It looks like you have generated 3D tree LOD. This is not "install it exacly as GamerPoets' video said"... is it.

Purple textures usually mean missing or corrupt textures dds files. Make sure to install all files created in the output folder, or check for log message that an atlas texture could not be created or texture files were missing.

"skyrim has failed to allocate memory..." is a message from crash fixes OSAllocator Check over there for solutions or try with default heap memory as a test.

3D static tree LOD has increased memory requirements depending a lot on the tree mods and settings as explained in the ultra trees manual. Use BethINIs, use default medium settings or even low for LOD distance as a test.

Edited by sheson

I've packed all the files from the output folder into an archive, so it's not possible. As i check the log file of DynDOLOD, it oftenly says "LOD not found"

f.e.

[00:00:10.009] <Note: TreeTundraShrub06 [TREE:000AAE83] LOD not found Textures\Terrain\LODGen\Skyrim.esm\TundraShrub06_000AAE83.dds> 

[00:07:47.222] <Note: TreeReachFern01 [TREE:000B8A6E] LOD not found Textures\Terrain\LODGen\Skyrim.esm\ReachFern01_000B8A6E.dds>

so what did I do wrong and how could I fix it? in TexGen log I haven't noticed any errors, missing textures etc.

in addition, it was my second try with DynDOLOD, no success yet.

Edited by hansiol

I've packed all the files from the output folder into an archive, so it's not possible.

The meshes reference a texture that is not there or not loaded. I suggest to check for that in order to fix the problem.

[00:00:10.009]  

[00:07:47.222]

so what did I do wrong and how could I fix it? in TexGen log I haven't noticed any errors, missing textures etc.

in addition, it was my second try with DynDOLOD, no success yet.

See the FAQ. Those messages are normal for shrubs and bushes.

However, when generating 3D ultra tree LOD, none of the 2D flat tree LOD messages should be in the log as that generation is turned off. There is texture atlas generation message after a worldspace was scanned.

Maybe you didn't try generating 3D ultra tree LOD and the purple trees form the screenshot are actually from full models in loaded cells with a higher uGrids?

Then this has nothing to do with LOD generated by DynDOLOD and you need to fix your tree mod installation.

Use modwatch.ch and upload DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_log.txt if you tried to generate 3D ultra tree LOD.

Edited by sheson

well, if you mean that, when I uninstalled the DynDOLOD (the way GamerPoets' said to) everything was normal, no purple trees, no memory crashes at all. I will try to install the mod with Medium preset, and if it won't help I will try to install it without SFO and Enchanced Landscapes.

Edited by hansiol

https://imgur.com/gallery/QsDRf

this is how my game looks like after uninstall of DynDOLOD (only) runs good, no purple trees, runs without crashes, but objects in distance are... well. I used BethINI.

I can't use Modwat.ch as it's site is not responding, but 99% of my mods comes from this guide: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76373/?

Edited by hansiol

It comes as no surprise that if you remove incompletely created LOD, that the incompletely created LOD will not show in the game.

So I can deduct you tried to generate 3D static tree LOD. Why keep me guessing?

Use modwat.ch (which works fine right now) or provide the mod list, plugin list, ini settings. Upload as text to pastebin or a file service. No screenshots.

Upload DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_log.txt from the generation shows in the screenshots to pastebin or a file service.

In any case. I looks like you are using third party tree mods and either instructed the patcher to use their full models for 3D static LOD trees and/or a third party mod that supplies 3D static LOD trees. Make sure all their textures are installed correctly and available at generation time and also later in the game.

I browsed all my trees mods and I just realized that i'm missing some billboards from Enchanced Vanilla Trees and 4k Parallax Treebark. I'm so stupid. I will try to install it correctly this time... thanks for the tips anyway, I will update soon.

Here is a pastebin link to my plugins.ini : https://pastebin.com/CDWh12W3

I don't really know where could I find the rest of .ini's...

and modwat.ch is still not responding for me, lol.

Edited by hansiol

Hi there, I'm not sure if you've managed to fix it yourself in the mean time but I was having the exact same issue using the same mods and guide. Something I noticed when installing Enhanced Vanilla Trees but forgot about by the time I installed Enhanced Landscapes was that there is a Billboard Generation tool built specifically for use with DynDOLOD and Enhanced Landscapes. So yeah if you haven't already I recommend you go to the EVT mod page and use the generator as it fixed my problems immediately.