Photo

Need help with low FPS

Best Answer DoubleYou , 10 November 2016 - 04:55 PM

You have a rather week video card, so you will not be able to get as good of framerate as other people. If you use my BethINI tool linked in my signature, however, you should be able to gain some performance. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dale5351

dale5351

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:12 PM

I am trying to make use of ENB Boost to solve memory problems in Skyrim.  I am getting low FPS numbers compared to what I am reading of others.   Perhaps I do not have my settings correct, or perhaps that is just the way it is given my system.  I would appreciate getting advice on whether or not I can improve this.

My video card is a NVIDIA GT 620 which has 1GB VRam and 3GB of shared ram.
My system is a DELL 8500, Intel® Core™ i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz , four cores , with 16GB system memory, running with Windows 7 Pro. 

Here are what I think are the relevant INI files:

The enblocal and enbseries are in my Skyrim directory and the skyrimprefs file is in the Mod Organizer Profile directory.

enblocal.ini
enbseries.ini

skyrimprefs.ini

#2 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,524 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:55 PM   Best Answer

You have a rather week video card, so you will not be able to get as good of framerate as other people. If you use my BethINI tool linked in my signature, however, you should be able to gain some performance.

#3 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,493 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:54 PM

I agree. You're going to struggle a bit with that video card. The next Guide release has the requirements better fleshed out and the minimum card is a 660 with 2GB VRAM.

Definitely run BethINI for medium preset. You can rerun it later for High preset if your FPS is okay after playing a while. Also, make sure you're capping textures at 1K. I would even forego the HRDLC.

#4 dale5351

dale5351

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:07 AM

I downloaded BethINI and do like the way it works.  I did some testing walking in daytime just outside of Whiterun, heading towards the giants.

Ultra => FPS 11 to 15, lots of detail in grass etc.

High => FPS 15+, still good detail and distance vision.

Medium => FPS 25 or so, but losing detail and distance vision.

Low => FPS 25, much loss of detail, e.g. grass nearby not even present.

Poor => FPS 35 to 40, but fairly poor detail, almost no grass etc.

I'll give High a try for a while.  If stuttering becomes a problem, will try dropping back to medium.

Thanks to both of you.

EDIT: forgot to ask, what do you mean by capping textures at 1K?  Where is that done?  

And what is HRDLC?  If you meant Hearthfires,  I am running a mod that requires that.

Edited by dale5351, 11 November 2016 - 02:09 AM.

#5 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,493 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:40 AM

1K texture resolution when downloading mods. Most texture mods will have a couple sizes available. Stick to 1K and below.

HRDLC = high resolution DLC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users