Pay-to-mod

matt

Question

Hi All,

I know I'm about to get trolled for posting this, but you can shove it! Yes, I know modding is a hobby and part of the fun is in doing it yourself blah blah.  I'm a very busy guy and I've modded Skyrim in the past. However, I had to re-set a lot on my computer and don't have the time to re-mod it. 

I want to thank you the STEP people for all they've done, and I'd like to contribute. Would one of you Step admins be willing to mod my Skyrim game if I paid you? I don't know how to do this right and giving someone access to my comp makes me very nervous. However, I'd like to figure out someway to get this done. If there's a website or someone online who offers this service, feel free to post here. However, I'd rather have my money go to the Step people who can probably mod a game faster and more efficiently than anyone.

Thanks all! 

9 answers to this question

Thanks for the response, and thank you for putting so much effort into this project despite already making a good living. 

Even if you aren't for hire, do you know someone who is. 

Also, I think Gopher or whatever on Youtube has some of the best mod install explanations but I think there's room for someone to come in and really synthesize down how to mod efficiently and quickly using your STEP system. Ever thought about making videos to support your program? There are so many videos and it is so confusing I would love to see a youtube channel that explains everything and then you pay someone $5 for a lifetime of unlimited support for the game and modding when you have questions about crashes, load order, instructions, etc. 

As everyone on here probably knows, mods are the future of gaming. More games can be developed "skeletonized" with built in systems to customize and create content easily to ever expand on the game. All this BS from companies like Bethesda whether to pay for mods or not...just sell the creation system and let people go to town. Alright I'm ranting...I just want to see if anyone knows how to get help with this. The internet is full of people either trolling people who ask for a service like this, or there's just no where to go.

Maybe I'm the only lazy person willing to pay for it? lol

Cheers!

Welcome to STEP @matt

To be honest I think you're making the process more difficult for yourself than it really is. There are also the Nexus considerations to take into consideration. It is not possible for someone else to download ALL the mods for you and install them remotely, that would mean as far as Nexus is concerned YOU haven't yet downloaded them and your mod status in MO will be incorrect, ie. it will not correctly show the current versions etc. or notify of new versions since your account is not used.

This means your Nexus account will be needed to download ALL the mods to your system and this is by far the biggest task to a complete STEP install, once you have the mods the actual installation is really very straight-forward.

Clearly setting up a remote access tool is both, difficult and makes you nervous, so that is out of the question. Compiling a complete set of mods and providing that for download is also something that will not happen, for the above reasons and some others.

Just take the plunge and do it. Ask questions here whenever you think you need assistance, everyone will be more than willing to assist you.

I appreciate all of the feedback. I think one of the biggest reasons I'm reaching out is I remember I got like 80% done and then ran out of mod room. I couldn't understand how to expand the amount of mods allowable. I got so incredibly stuck and tired of crashing that I spent more time modding than playing. 

Clarification on remote access: I'm comfortable, if it was with a reputable person or company accessing the computer. 

Anyway, sounds like I just need to bite the bullet...I've been holding off for like 6-8 months hoping that your 3.0 build would make things easier. lol

Hi All,

I know I'm about to get trolled for posting this, but you can shove it! Yes, I know modding is a hobby and part of the fun is in doing it yourself blah blah.  I'm a very busy guy and I've modded Skyrim in the past. However, I had to re-set a lot on my computer and don't have the time to re-mod it. 

I want to thank you the STEP people for all they've done, and I'd like to contribute. Would one of you Step admins be willing to mod my Skyrim game if I paid you? I don't know how to do this right and giving someone access to my comp makes me very nervous. However, I'd like to figure out someway to get this done. If there's a website or someone online who offers this service, feel free to post here. However, I'd rather have my money go to the Step people who can probably mod a game faster and more efficiently than anyone.

Thanks all! 

To be honest matt, I can see where you're coming from. You want to mod the game, and you'd rather have it done expertly. You're not the first to come in here and ask. I can recall at least 2-3 others. :)

If you do decide to try and mod the game yourself here's some advice I'll offer you for free.

1) Read EVERYTHING! Then read it again. The devil is often in the details and small print.

2) Test your game often. I tend to do it after a certain group of mods, like all the fixes, all the UI etc.

3) Take your time. Don't try and complete all a mod guide in one day. Do a group, walk away, have a coffee, smoke a cig, have a beer but take some time off on the way. Sure you want to play the game, but the satisfaction of doing it right outlasts the quick spark of doing it fast.

4) Come in here and ask questions. None of us bite. :) And on a related note, do use the forum searches, in case your question may have been asked and answered previously.

Most Importantly: HAVE FUN AND LEARN SOMETHING. :)

Hope that helps!

Edited by Nozzer66