Visit on Nexus link on Nexus Info tab is broken

Tyenkrovy

Question

If this has already been addressed, I apologize. Probably not the best move for a first post as a new member of the forum.

So, anyway, the right click context menu link for "Visit on Nexus" works fine, but the "Visit on Nexus" link in the "Nexus Info" tab of the mod info window leads to a broken link which uses, I assume, the old format for Nexus Mods links:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/downloads/file.php?id=[mod ID number here]

Which the site tries to resolve by changing it to the following:

http://www.nexusmods.com/games/?id=[mod ID number here]

Which also doesn't work. When the new right click context menu link was changed, was the other link forgotten? Or was it meant to be phased out completely?

5 answers to this question

I'm assuming Nexus fixed this issue recently because I had been seeing this same behavior for a while.

EDIT: I take that back. Right clicking a mod and selecting View on Nexus seems to work, but it doesn't work if double click the mod (right click / Properties), select the Nexus tab, and click View on Nexus.

@Greg can you give me an example of a mod that exhibits this behaviour because I have never seen it and none of my tests so far have hit one that has?

EDIT:

Just an afterthought, what type of account do you have with Nexus, Long or short term supporter or just a regular?

Some of the mods I tried include Papyrus Utils, Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patches, Better Jumping, Better Stealing, Wet and Cold, etc. It works find if I right click and select View on Nexus. It goes to the wrong URL is I click View on Nexus from the Nexus tab. Mod Organizer does not have my Nexus credentials since I don't use the Download with Manager link and I currently have three instances of Mod Organizer active.

Hmm... since I also tried most of those mods, they are listed high int he order so it makes sense to go with those first, and no issues were experienced I think we can safely say there isn't an issue with the code MO uses to call those pages. You, @Greg, do have a different account to me so there may be some difference, though I doubt it.

You do say you don't have your account details stored in MO so there may be something in that, I do and always ensure that my account is logged in according to MO's titlebar.

Truthfully though I really don't see what, if anything, could be due to MO's code. I'm putting my money on Nexus peculiarities.