You probably let it merge some stuff into the BP that other patches require thus leading to CTD.
That makes sense, although I don't recall having seen anything different from what's written in the guide except for the "untick Skyrim.esm" which isn't present in the "to-merge" list.
Anyway, I have an "Instructions unclear" alert ( ;) ) when following the Beautification guide :
This part is unclear to me : Landscape Environment Clutter Merged
- I currently have a "LECM - ESPs and Scripts Only" folder
- I am requested to create a "LECM - SMC ESPs" folder and to move files from "SMC" folder there and overwrite existing but there can't be any overwriting as the folder wasn't existing already, should I move the files to "LECM - ESPs and Scripts Only" folder instead ?
- I then am requested to merge files which belong to "LECM - ESPs and Scripts Only" and "LECM - SMC ESPs", I did so but what about the "SpiceOfLife - Barrels.esp" and "SpiceOfLife - Fences-Arthmoor.esp" ESPs, should I ignore them from the merge and thus discard them ? They were part of the "++++ LECM Merged" from the standard guide and I didn't see anywhere that we disabled this mods in the left panel.
- Also I'm missing the YALO mod, can't find it on the interwebz, is that a big issue ?
Even with these interrogations, I manage to build a LECM Merged and finished the guide, the game starts but I have a CTD issue as follows :
- I load my save, I am spawning at Moss Creek Camp, if I run to the intersection east of Falkreath (near Peak's Shade Tower), I get a CTD
- I then tried another path : ran then through Helgen, went along the lake, killed a bear, talked to NPCs on the road, approched Falkreath from the north => CTD
I tried to get some logs from the game with the Papyrus variables "=1" in skyrim.ini but nothing happened under "My Games/Skyrim/Logs/Scripts" (the Scripts folder wasn't even there).
I tried loading everything in TES5edit to see if there was any visible problem at first glance but I am no expert so I can say that everything loaded fine and I didn't see any error message, that's all
So if you have any idea to how diagnose/what is causing the issue, I'd be happy to hear about it.
But if I can't sort this out, I ll keep going with the standard version and I'll add some textures improvments whenever I can.
Atm, my lvl 6 orc is looking for adventures !
Edited by j4rd1n4t0r, 09 May 2017 - 05:27 AM.