• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Flynnhiccup

Flynnhiccup

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:19 PM

I'm following the Fear and Loathing guide and am oh so near to the end, but have run into an issue trying to generate bash tags for my mods. I'm trying to generate bash tags on the "YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm" plugin, but an error message keeps popping up that says ""[1" is not a valid integer value."

At the bottom of my FNVEdit messages window the line "Exception in unit mteFunctions line 1292: "[1" is not a valid integer value" shows up. Any ideas?

Edit: I get the same error messages when trying to generate tags for "domecity.esm", "Roberts_NewVegas.esp", and "FCO - Roberts Patch.esp".

Requote to  greengoggles in Fallout mods reddit...by ME...

Is generating bash tags really important or I can ignore this and just follow the next step (Run Loot and Merged Patch)

I really would like to play a new playthrough... lol!!!  ::):

Edited by MonoAccipiter, 20 November 2016 - 05:03 PM.
Try to avoid dark text on a dark background.

#2 MonoAccipiter

MonoAccipiter

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:04 PM

You've accidentally hit backspace somewhere in the script. Redownload the script and install it over the old one.

#3 Flynnhiccup

Flynnhiccup

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:08 PM

You've accidentally hit backspace somewhere in the script. Redownload the script and install it over the old one.

I've re download the script already (Generate bash tags.pas) and even re download all the scripts needed for FNVEDIT is the error still persist...

But it says Apply script done. but the saving doesn't appear after I finish the applying script.

One of the guys from reddit that has this problem, just go with it ignoring the error and his playing already and he doesn't seem to find any problems. He do notes that he may have miss something or some processes have over writing something. 

#4 MonoAccipiter

MonoAccipiter

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 917 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:32 AM

Copy and paste this in the script editor.

Edited by MonoAccipiter, 22 November 2016 - 11:52 PM.

#5 nicktheduke

nicktheduke

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:51 AM

Hi MonoAccipiter

Tried your updated script but still have the same error in certain mods stated above using F&L guide. 

Someone on reddit mentioned it being a problem within mtefunctions.pas

Thoughts? 

#6 mmmfriedrice

mmmfriedrice

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:17 PM

Oh god! I'm not alone!

MonoAccipiter, I've also tried copy-pasting the supplied text, as well as well as ensuring I've got everything up to date. No dice for several attempts to generate bash tags.

That said, it seems to be race/face/hair issues with the YUP .esm. xEdit hangs and then throws an exception on some facial features.

Edited by mmmfriedrice, 27 November 2016 - 08:21 PM.

#7 MonoAccipiter

MonoAccipiter

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 917 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:26 AM

I would ask in the xEdit subforum here. Maybe Mator or Zilav would know.

#8 mmmfriedrice

mmmfriedrice

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:51 PM

Thanks. Will do.

#9 MetalPhilosopher

MetalPhilosopher

Prisoner

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:36 PM

I'm running into this same issue. I've found that it affects a few ESM/ESPs:

YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
domecity.esm
Roberts_NewVegas.esp
FCO - Roberts Patch

The last message output before the crash was not always the same, though in the case of YUP and domecity it was indeed in the race and hair sections. Of course, all that means is that the script got through at least that line just fine before crashing.

Thankfully the other mods (especially the ones with obvious levelled list changes) still seem to work fine with the script.

#10 Siantis

Siantis

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

POPULAR

I managed to fix this issue by taking the mteFunctions.pas (83kb) from my Skyrim copy of TES5Edit and overwriting (after backing up a copy) the FNVEdit mteFunctions.pas (78kb).

#11 szn

szn

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:53 PM

I managed to fix this issue by taking the mteFunctions.pas (83kb) from my Skyrim copy of TES5Edit and overwriting (after backing up a copy) the FNVEdit mteFunctions.pas (78kb).

Thank you very much, I was having the same problem and this fixed it for me.

Edited by szn, 06 December 2016 - 03:54 PM.

#12 Genius384

Genius384

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:47 PM

Thank you very much, I was having the same problem and this fixed it for me.

Worked for me as well, thank you Siantis.

#13 Rescorla

Rescorla

Prisoner

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:38 AM

I am having this same exact problem. I will try getting the workaround with the Skyrim version of the file to see if that fixes the problem.

I went thru the tedious task of generating bash tags for every mod in my load order. When I copy that Skyrim version of the file over, will I need to start over from scratch and generate bash tags for every mod again or just the ones that had the error?

Lastly, if I create a bashed patch and the game loads successfully, is that 100% confirmation that everything is good to go from a configuration perspective?

#14 Rescorla

Rescorla

Prisoner

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:29 PM

My errors fixed now as well using the replacement file. Do I need to delete the original bashed patch or will Wrye Flash overwrite? If I need to delete the original the one to delete is the one in the Data folder?

#15 StoneyMason

StoneyMason

Prisoner

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:41 AM

Ran into this same issue tonight and also ended up using that file link posted in this thread to fix it. Thank You. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fnv, bash tags

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users