31 replies to this topic

#1 Dijkstra

Dijkstra

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:36 AM

Hello.

I have installed some parallax textures and the arnt working. I have vivid landscapes and skyrim hd - parallax tribute. Those are my main texture mods. I have enboost on. So my thinking is that thats why parallax isnt working. I use MO.

Thanks for reading. Any help would be appreciated.

Here are some screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/b2De7

Also my modwatch: https://modwat.ch/u/JABBA2000

#2 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:34 PM

Have you done the edits to the enblocal file to fix Parallax issues?

#3 Dijkstra

Dijkstra

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:19 AM

Yes. They are both set to true.

#4 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,493 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:56 AM

Can you post your enblocal.ini?

#5 Dijkstra

Dijkstra

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:35 PM

Here is my enblocal:

I don't know if there is any difference because this is from my main skyrim folder and i use mo. (i think mo doesn't fiddle with enblocal).

EDIT: I am really bad at enb.I dont know a single thing about it. So it might be super obvious but i dont know it.

Edited by Dijkstra, 22 November 2016 - 03:44 PM.

#6 Greg

Greg

Dragonborn

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:52 PM

It looks as if the enblocal.ini you posted here is cut off in the middle of the [INPUT] section.

#7 Dijkstra

Dijkstra

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:50 AM

Well  guess something went wrong. Here is the rest:

#8 Joat_Mon

Joat_Mon

Guard

• Guests
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:38 AM

In your skyrimprefs.ini change iMaxAnisotropy=1 to iMaxAnisotropy=0

#9 Dijkstra

Dijkstra

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:38 AM

Ok thanks i will try that.

#10 Dijkstra

Dijkstra

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:40 PM

Well that didn't work. I tried a lot of roads in skyrim but the textures just became more blurry. Does anyone else know what the problem might be?

#11 Joat_Mon

Joat_Mon

Guard

• Guests
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:33 PM

You could try forcing Anisotropic Filtering in your video card settings instead of in your enblocal.ini settings.

#12 Rebel47

Rebel47

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:03 PM

I've looked over your enblocal.ini file and straight away I noticed some problems which will stop you from getting your parallax textures to show up in game.

1. You have to have an ENB preset or use the graphical features of ENB and not just ENBoost to get parallax to work -[Setting to change is UseSpeedHackWithoutGraphics=false]-
  2. You haven't set up your memory allocations within the ENB which you'll need to do if your running an ENB preset (this is needed for stability and performance)
  3. You will also need to disable Anisotropic Filtering and Anti-Aliasing if your going to use an ENB (This is only applicable to Skyrim and below)

The above advice is solid and has been fact checked a few times to make sure it's as true as can be. ::):

Edited by Rebel47, 24 November 2016 - 09:05 PM.

#13 Dijkstra

Dijkstra

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:43 AM

Ok thanks. I set UseSpeedHackWitouthGraphics to true because i had a lot of crashes with it on. I might be because i haven't set it up properly. I just have a question. How do i do the second option? I i dont know how to use enb so any help would be good. Am i supposed to make my enblocal.ini look like the one above? To disable Anisotropic Filtering and Anti-Aliasing i am supposed to set them all to false right? And is there a way to use an enb preset and the speed hack together (i tried once the proxy thing but i don't know if it worked).

#14 Rebel47

Rebel47

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:57 AM

Ok thanks. I set UseSpeedHackWitouthGraphics to true because i had a lot of crashes with it on. I might be because i haven't set it up properly. I just have a question. How do i do the second option? I i dont know how to use enb so any help would be good. Am i supposed to make my enblocal.ini look like the one above? To disable Anisotropic Filtering and Anti-Aliasing
i am supposed to set them all to false right? And is there a way to use an enb preset and the speed hack together (i tried once the proxy thing but i don't know if it worked).

The above enblocal is yours that I put into 1 full copy without changes, so follow advice below.

To effectively run an ENB you'd need to set the following in your SkyrimPrefs.ini if the line is in bold then it is a required line for ENB to work
If the lines are set to underline then it's disabling Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering
If the line is set to both underline and bold then it does both of the above.

The "UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false" or ENBoost, is designed to be used without a preset, so running this will turn off the ENB preset and effectively disable parallax, but if you customize your ENB memory values

Below is my ENBlocal.ini so don't copy this straight over, I will leave annotations in bold when something must be adhered to, and underline when something is a variable (I.E subject to change based on the user.)
If however there is no annotation then this information can be used with any preset and is not subject to change.

What you will need if you don't already use it is SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender) and the SKSE.ini
The below can be copied in a new text file and named SKSE.ini (removing the .txt extension in the renaming process)

Link to -[ ENB presets for Skyrim ]-
Link to -[ SKSE ]-

If I have missed anything out or made any mistakes then either I will rectify then or someone will correct me ::):

#15 Dijkstra

Dijkstra

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:40 AM

I have crash fixes so i don't use the SKSE lines. I find crash fixes better because it reduces my loading screen time by a lot. I will do as you say. If i have any problems i will post here. Just how do i use a preset and enboost if possible. If not how do i make my game more stable with an enb.

Oh and also if that isn't possible is there a way to lower the enb so it doesn't to that big of a performance hit.

Edited by Dijkstra, 25 November 2016 - 10:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users