Mod Picker (by the Mod Picker Team)

Mator

The custom sources sounds like it would work for me. We already have separate pages for them...i think. If not, we will!

Yeah, there should be a way to do them as separate pages.

libbsa.dll is in the folder. I did not have the "start in" folder set in MO. I will set it to the ModAnalyzer folder and rerun.

That's odd. I'll test with the same archive you're trying to analyze to see if I can recreate the issue.

Moderators works for me. I don't mind updating the analysis for mods that we use on the guide. Just adding me for now is okay, unless someone else from the staff wants to jump in here. I'm basically evaluating the platform by just using it how we would need to use it for the STEP Guide. So far, so good as long as certain things are accessible from the API like, mods from a list, mod options set on the mods from a lists, etc. Those are the type of things we'd need to pull into the Guide. Are you guys planning on supporting LOOT Meta Rules for setting plugin priority and "Load After" rules, or are you guys rolling that stuff into your own sorting solutions?

Yeah, all of that should be accessible from the API. Literally everything will be accessible from the API in well formatted JSON.  Our platform basically is a single page application sitting on top of a RESTful API.  So the API is already there for every page on the platform.  We just need to make a manageable way to distribute and manage API access (API keys or something similar).

We already have full load order sorting rules rolled into our sorting algorithm. The algorithm is slightly different from LOOT's, but I'm fairly confident it should produce valid load orders (some more Load Order Notes are probably necessary).

I noticed it's storing the BSAs. Is it suppose to do that? That can add up to a lot of storage space quickly, if you're scanning a lot of mods.

Yes it's supposed to store the BSAs, though we should have it automatically delete them after each analysis.  They don't need to be kept after the analysis is complete.

Edited by Mator

I'm not sure what's going on, it analyzed fine for me: https://puu.sh/sITYC.json

Try completely reinstalling Mod Analyzer from the latest archive, and maybe check your folder permissions (take ownership, unset read-only).

EDIT: Here's my setup as well:

sIVlc.jpg

Running Windows 7 (probably the biggest difference).

You may also want to make sure your Antivirus isn't interfering.  They seem to do that a lot.  X_X

Edited by Mator

It's not the antivirus. I added the folder to the exclusion list anyway, no difference.

I rolled back to v1.7.3. Worked fine. Rolled back up to v1.8.1. No worky work!

Huh, very odd!

I'm not sure why that would happen.  You should be fine using 1.7.3.  I'll see if anyone else is having this problem and try to get to the bottom of what is happening!

EDIT: You could also try installing 1.8.1 in a separate directory and using libbsa.dll from 1.7.3.  That *might* fix the issue.  If it does then I'll know that the DLL is the problem!

Edited by Mator

WOW, you guys have a novel already going in here! I have nowhere near the time I would need to read it all :no:

Based on the first few posts: Lots of work went into MP, and I assume (without having used it ever), that is is or will be a great utility/service. My gut tells me that it is not a plugin solution for STEP though. As I said, we are looking for a developer to configure a new relationship-management system (RMS) to replace Semantic Mediawiki functionality ... Drupal could work, so if that is not an option, I suppose we can play around with MP for kicks and ideas (but I don't think that is the 1:1 replacement we are looking for).

Huh, very odd!

I'm not sure why that would happen.  You should be fine using 1.7.3.  I'll see if anyone else is having this problem and try to get to the bottom of what is happening!

EDIT: You could also try installing 1.8.1 in a separate directory and using libbsa.dll from 1.7.3.  That *might* fix the issue.  If it does then I'll know that the DLL is the problem!

It's the DLL. It worked when I switched it out with the old one.

WOW, you guys have a novel already going in here! I have nowhere near the time I would need to read it all :no:

Based on the first few posts: Lots of work went into MP, and I assume (without having used it ever), that is is or will be a great utility/service. My gut tells me that it is not a plugin solution for STEP though. As I said, we are looking for a developer to configure a new relationship-management system (RMS) to replace Semantic Mediawiki functionality ... Drupal could work, so if that is not an option, I suppose we can play around with MP for kicks and ideas (but I don't think that is the 1:1 replacement we are looking for).

MP isn't the 1:1 replacement we wanted, mainly because it's not under our roof, but it can most certainly work. What I'm envisioning is a framework of Drupal for the overall site and front end user experience. Wiki mod pages are maintained (but slimmed down). Mod Picker list and mod pages are maintained. APIs allow for pulling from both sources to build the mod layout for the Guide and other pages we desire.

I've used Mod Picker quite a bit now. It's easy to use and will probably work as a replacement for our systematic with the API solutions.

When do you expect Mod Picker to be out of Beta?

Also, any news on the Analyzer?

We'll be out of beta by 2017 at the latest.  There's a few big features that we're working on that I'd like to finish, and there's also some server architecture stuff I need to address for scaling.

Thallassa will be verifying the issue you encountered with Mod Analyzer today.  If she can recreate the issue I'll have to do some deeper investigation into the root cause.