Mod Picker (by the Mod Picker Team)

Mator

Two things that need work:

The requirements for mods needs an "or" option. Mods like DSR do not strictly require XPMS. As long as it's a mod that supports the features needed. In this case setting the requirement to XPMS is not correct. Users could have XPMSE in their mod lists and it'll work just fine; however, these users are presented with an error from Mod Picker because the specified mod (XPMS) is not being used. For now, I have simply removed XPMS from DSR as a requirement as that is currently the easiest fix (since Java isn't listed either, but it's required as well).

Second, thing and this is a feature enhancement that would save a lot of headache. That is being able to change the priority of the mods in the lists besides just by dragging and dropping. This is a hassle when the mod list is rather long like STEP's. You already list the priority on the individual mods. You simply need to allow us to change that manually so we don't have to drag mods from the bottom of the list to the top. :thumbsup:

Two things that need work:

The requirements for mods needs an "or" option. Mods like DSR do not strictly require XPMS. As long as it's a mod that supports the features needed. In this case setting the requirement to XPMS is not correct. Users could have XPMSE in their mod lists and it'll work just fine; however, these users are presented with an error from Mod Picker because the specified mod (XPMS) is not being used. For now, I have simply removed XPMS from DSR as a requirement as that is currently the easiest fix (since Java isn't listed either, but it's required as well).

Second, thing and this is a feature enhancement that would save a lot of headache. That is being able to change the priority of the mods in the lists besides just by dragging and dropping. This is a hassle when the mod list is rather long like STEP's. You already list the priority on the individual mods. You simply need to allow us to change that manually so we don't have to drag mods from the bottom of the list to the top. :thumbsup:

I noticed the XPMS/E requirement issue.  I'm still thinking about how to handle that cleanly.  Yes, we could come up with some kind of way to "OR" between requirements, but it introduces a lot of complexity in a number of different systems.  I'm still thinking about whether or not there could be another way to do it.

I've noticed the difficulty with reordering mod lists myself, and that is something I have been wanting to add.  It should be pretty easy to do, so I'll get on it. :thumbsup:

Okay, I'm trying to understand what Mod Analyzer is doing. For some reason the plugins are ending up in MO's Overwrite folder. I deleted all the plugins I had in that folder thinking they were copies from Mod Analyzer. Unbeknownst to me, they were the ACTUAL plugins from the mods. :O_o:  :psyduck:  Oh my...my load order is all jacked up...  :pinch: Got to redownload those mods to get the plugins back.

xEdit just slaps the plugins back to their original locations/mod folders. Mod Analyzer is placing them all back into the Overwrite folder. This is very unexpected behavior. Can it be fixed?

Another error for you:

Dumping plugin: TrueStorms-CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
== Building Load Order ==
Failed to analyze plugin.
Exception: Failed to analyze plugin TrueStorms-CoT-WeatherPatch.esp

Plugin dump failed.
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.ModAnalyzerService.AnalyzeEntries()
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.ModAnalyzerService.BackgroundWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Analysis failed.

EDIT:

I have finished up with the mod with the "Incomplete Analysis" tag. The remaining are either freakin huge and I don't care to deal with them right now, or are tossing out errors with either Mod Analyzer or when submitting them to the site. I will now continue the STEP list of mods and resubmit analysis where needed for the mods in the list.

The website errors out whenever I attempt to update Relighting Skyrim's mod analysis. That is one LARGE analysis, too! It took a long while to run it.

I can try it out if you want.  Upload the analysis JSON somewhere and I'll give it a go.  If there is an issue with the site I'll fix it.  ;)

Okay, I'm trying to understand what Mod Analyzer is doing. For some reason the plugins are ending up in MO's Overwrite folder. I deleted all the plugins I had in that folder thinking they were copies from Mod Analyzer. Unbeknownst to me, they were the ACTUAL plugins from the mods. :O_o:  :psyduck:  Oh my...my load order is all jacked up...  :pinch: Got to redownload those mods to get the plugins back.

xEdit just slaps the plugins back to their original locations/mod folders. Mod Analyzer is placing them all back into the Overwrite folder. This is very unexpected behavior. Can it be fixed?

It's not Mod Analyzer which is doing that, it's Mod Organizer.  It's not something I have any control over without building code specifically to try to work with MO.

Mod Analyzer is extracting the original plugins from the archive you analyze to make sure it analyzes the original versions of the plugins from the archive.  That means if a plugin already exists in your data folder (virtually or otherwise) Mod Analyzer has to rename it to make sure it doesn't overwrite it.  So e.g. AOS.esp would get renamed to AOS.esp.bak.  When Mod Analyzer finishes with analyzing plugins it deletes the plugins it extracted and renames the plugins with the .bak extension back to their normal, original filenames.

Mod Organizer often does correctly catch these changes and keep plugins associated with their mods, but occasionally (randomly) does not.  The only thing I could do would be create a "Mod Organizer integration" for Mod Analyzer which would require the user to specify their Mod Organizer directory.  From there I could determine the actual folders plugins are from prior to renaming them, and then move them back into those folders explicitly from Mod Analyzer's code.  This might fix the issue, but it's not really a problem which Mod Analyzer should be trying to fix tbh, and may create other problems (?).

For the time being you should just check your overwrite folder each time after you analyze mods and move any plugins that ended up there back into the mod folders they belong to.  If a plugin ends up in the overwrite folder it is NOT a copy, it's not possible for there to be a plugin in the overwrite folder with the same filename as a plugin in one of your mods due to Mod Analyzer.

Another error for you:

Dumping plugin: TrueStorms-CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
== Building Load Order ==
Failed to analyze plugin.
Exception: Failed to analyze plugin TrueStorms-CoT-WeatherPatch.esp

Plugin dump failed.
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.ModAnalyzerService.AnalyzeEntries()
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.ModAnalyzerService.BackgroundWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Analysis failed.

EDIT:

I have finished up with the mod with the "Incomplete Analysis" tag. The remaining are either freakin huge and I don't care to deal with them right now, or are tossing out errors with either Mod Analyzer or when submitting them to the site. I will now continue the STEP list of mods and resubmit analysis where needed for the mods in the list.

OK, I've been going through and fixing mods with incomplete analyses over the last few days.  I can get the rest done soon.

What mod/archive is that plugin from so I can try to recreate the issue?

I can try it out if you want.  Upload the analysis JSON somewhere and I'll give it a go.  If there is an issue with the site I'll fix it.  ;)

Okay, I'll have to rerun it and then I'll post you a link. I've tried a couple different things with it, so it's no longer the right json file. I'll post a link to it once it reruns.

It's not Mod Analyzer which is doing that, it's Mod Organizer.  It's not something I have any control over without building code specifically to try to work with MO. ...

No problem. It's just a use case scenario that users should get used to. I've been checking the Overwrite after each run just in case and will continue to do so.

OK, I've been going through and fixing mods with incomplete analyses over the last few days.  I can get the rest done soon.

What mod/archive is that plugin from so I can try to recreate the issue?

That is from True Storms which requires CoT to be installed due to a patch. The error above is from the True Storms/CoT patch included in one of the main archives.

Okay, so not that long since some of it was done already.... (great feature btw!)

Relighting Skyrim analysis: https://mega.nz/#!s5dyUBra!FR1YcRAn8XcFZwDiis7unjItDaRQZnHQNP4UXOJcJc4

EDIT:

Also, as I've been working through some of the mod options, I've noticed that it's sometimes not very intuitive what choices the options belong to. Just check out the mod options for Weapon and Armor Fixes Remade as an example (now that I've update it). It would be nice to have some sort of prefixes or indicators so we know what we're selecting.

Okay, so not that long since some of it was done already.... (great feature btw!)

Relighting Skyrim analysis: https://mega.nz/#!s5dyUBra!FR1YcRAn8XcFZwDiis7unjItDaRQZnHQNP4UXOJcJc4

EDIT:

Also, as I've been working through some of the mod options, I've noticed that it's sometimes not very intuitive what choices the options belong to. Just check out the mod options for Weapon and Armor Fixes Remade as an example (now that I've update it). It would be nice to have some sort of prefixes or indicators so we know what we're selecting.

The Relighting Skyrim analysis is extremely large, I'm willing to wager it has improperly mapped assets due to a complex FOMOD, in which case it needs to be analyzed as a BAIN archive.

I recently changed the mod option naming logic (in 1.8 I think) so FOMOD mod options include the FOMOD group name, a dash, and then the option name.  That should make the mod options fairly understandable in most cases.  You can change the display name of any mod option from the Edit Mod page (just click on it and type something else).  The native name of the option is still kept in the database for the purpose of future automation.

EDIT: I do recommend that you should analyze complex FOMODs (like WAFR) as BAIN installers because of the way the FOMODs work.  Mod Analyzer assumes that each mod option maps to a set of asset files/plugins, and each asset file/plugin maps to one mod option.  It attempts to analyze things properly when this is not the case, but the result is often invalid.

Just this morning I thought of a way we could make things more workable for complex FOMODs, so I'll be building that later today.  For the time being please analyze WAFR and other mods with similar FOMOD complexity as BAIN installers.

EDIT 2: See this GitHub issue for more information.

EDIT 3: I believe WAFR was analyzed as a BAIN installer and had the BAIN analysis before you updated it, it's possible other mods you updated were the same.  I have the BAIN analyses on my PC so I can update them now.

Edited by Mator

The reason I updated it was because all of the options (plugins) weren't available. If that is due to running them as BAIN, then you're going to have to do some more work on that too. :^_^:

Keep in mind, that many mods will not be set up with BAIN support in mind.

Hmmm.  I think I know why that may have happened.  It's because it isn't actually correctly set-up as a BAIN installer (though it claims to be).

This is why I came up with another way to do things earlier this morning, which I'll be implementing today.  It should allow us to skirt this issue with minor costs to accuracy.

Analyzed Relighting Skyrim as a BAIN installer and the analysis size was reduced from 6MB to 3.55MB.  Should work now!  :)

Hmmm.  I think I know why that may have happened.  It's because it isn't actually correctly set-up as a BAIN installer (though it claims to be).

Analyzed Relighting Skyrim as a BAIN installer and the analysis size was reduced from 6MB to 3.55MB.  Should work now!  :)

Kryptopyr is a great mod author, but she's not so great with the installers. This kinda makes me smile a bit :^_^: because I actually designed some of the installers she's used (WAFR and another one that I don't think she's ever used). Of course, she or someone else has updated them since the initial installers I provided her. I did the same for SparrowPrince and other authors. So in a way, some of your extra work in my fault. Haha! :teehee:

Cool, I'll refresh my page and see if the options I need are still there for RS.

With the platform update I changed your role from Moderator to Helper, TechAngel85.  You should have received a notification "You are now a helper on Mod Picker." ~8 minutes ago as of this post.  It's a new role so we'll need to make sure your permissions all work.  Let me know if there's anything that isn't working on the platform (specifically something that gives you a 403 forbidden error).

See the latest news article on the site for information on the helper role.