Mod Picker (by the Mod Picker Team)

Mator

Did you delete all the tags from the mod?  I'm aware of this issue in that circumstance, just haven't gotten around to pushing a fix.

Considering it was the only tag (incomplete analysis), yes.

Also, I can't remember if I reported it, but when I click to edit a mod page and try to delete a tag it doesn't actually delete the tag. The only way I've been able to delete tags is from the mod page itself (not editing). Minor issue.

Considering it was the only tag (incomplete analysis), yes.

Also, I can't remember if I reported it, but when I click to edit a mod page and try to delete a tag it doesn't actually delete the tag. The only way I've been able to delete tags is from the mod page itself (not editing). Minor issue.

Yeah, I'm aware of both of these issues.  I'll fix them tomorrow.  :)

Alright, I fixed the issue with removing the last tag from a mod.  I'm going to need to do some more work to get tag deletion from the edit mod page to work properly, it'll work if you delete all the tags, but otherwise won't detect the changes properly.  I'm looking into a solution.

- Mator

EDIT: Got it.  All fixed!

Edited by Mator

Nice set of changes. :thumbsup: Still waiting on that option to change and update mod priority on the mod lists. :whistling: ::D:

I'm aware, it's been nagging me as well. I'll get it done tonight tomorrow! :D

No, really. Glad you are keeping this going! How well is the site being picked up by users?

Not quite as well as I'd hoped. I'm hoping things will pick up a lot once we've introduced the mod list setup utility.

Edited by Mator

Not quite as well as I'd hoped. I'm hoping things will pick up a lot once we've introduced the mod list setup utility.

Here's hoping! It's a great tool for mod lists. I think users like Neo would find it better suited for their guides rather than having things on the STEP wiki.

I've personally been waiting for SSE support and hopefully Fallout 4? Will be jumping in and seeing what I can do now though. I feel like the community is in a bit of a holding pattern until we can get the MO/NMM situation sorted better, and SKSE64/SkyUI kicking.

Fallout 4 is coming next.  Not sure exactly when, but soon.  SSE support is thar (per previous posts).

I hear you on the community feeling a bit restricted at the moment due to the SKSE/SkyUI wait.

TechAngel85: I have the "move a mod by editing its index" feature completely functional for mod grid items.  It's pretty spiffy!  :D

Currently the UX is you click on the index, type a new index, and press enter to apply it.  The mod then moves to the new index inside of the group that the item at that index was in, the window scrolls so the moved item is roughly in the center of the screen, and the index text input is focused again.  If you click out of the index field the index you typed is discarded.

An alternative UX which I'm considering is to still apply the index when you click out of the index field, but to not scroll to follow the element/re-focus its index input.  That way you can mass move a bunch of mods without having to scroll up and down a lot.

I'm also considering some other options, such as multi-select for mod items (so you can move multiple items at the same time), and picking up mod items (so you can pick up an item, scroll to where you want to put it, and click again to place it there without having to click and drag).

I'm curious about your thoughts about these ideas.  :)

Edited by Mator

Very nice!

I like the idea of it not scrolling and moving multiply mods at once. Both those could be a time saver and convenient. Would these be "options" or would they only be a single option that uses are stuck with?

I'm most likely going to do a combination of the options I outlined above.  The only two that are mutually exclusive are the two different behaviors for when you defocus the index input after you've changed the index of an item.

Like baronaatista, I've been waiting for SSE support. Since it's out now I've started to build mod lists. Still waiting for SKSE to released before any STEP packs gets released and shared. I've seen several SSE mods on mod picker that are duplicates and that are just copies of Skyrim 32- it mods with the Nexus URL changed to point to a non-existing SSE mod. This is for mods that do not (yet) exist for SSE.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've seen several SSE mods on mod picker that are duplicates and that are just copies of Skyrim 32- it mods with the Nexus URL changed to point to a non-existing SSE mod. This is for mods that do not (yet) exist for SSE.

Not only is that not the case (I either submitted or reviewed every SSE mod currently on Mod Picker), it's actually impossible.  The mod submission form will not let you submit a mod with an invalid Nexus Mods URL.  However, there is a bug with mod lists where the active mod list is shared between both the Skyrim and SkyrimSE branches of the site, is that what you were seeing - mod entries in an SSE mod list that are for Skyrim mods?

Edited by Mator

Not only is that not the case (I either submitted or reviewed every SSE mod currently on Mod Picker), it's actually impossible.  The mod submission form will not let you submit a mod with an invalid Nexus Mods URL.  However, there is a bug with mod lists where the active mod list is shared between both the Skyrim and SkyrimSE branches of the site, is that what you were seeing - mod entries in an SSE mod list that are for Skyrim mods?

Looks like it. The "duplicate" entries are indeed for mods that have both a Skyrim and a Skyrim SE version. When you add Skyrim mod to a SSE mod list the URL is wrong, it is shown as a nexus SSE URL with the original  Skyrim nexus id. Example:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16225/? where 16225 is the nexus id of Apocalypse for the original Skyrim. Guess it is resolved once the bug is resolved.