Photo

Wrye Bash - Delinquent Masters (Trying to make bashed patch)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bardakista

bardakista

Prisoner

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:04 PM

Hi,

As per the topic, I'm getting multiple delinquent masters all relating to the mods:

Blowing in the wind

Vivid weathers

Apocalypse

I gather that this relates to patches preceding their masters in the load order, but it doesn't appear to be so in MO.

I must explain that I don't have LOOT nor can I install it on my system. Very much unfortunately. I tried a bunch but it requires way too many OS updates just to run the supporting platform on which LOOT runs and it just doesn't work. So, no LOOT.

Any idea?

Load order

#2 maedrhos

maedrhos

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:39 PM

I think the game would be well nigh impossible to mod without Loot. If your OS won't support it then I'd also bet it won't be able to handle other parts of the game. Thus no helpful suggestion other than one you've already ruled out. Sorry.

#3 bardakista

bardakista

Prisoner

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:15 PM

My system handles the game well (i5, Radeon HD7700) I just like to preemptively deal with CTDs as best I can. Thanks for your pov though.

#4 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:19 PM

You can try the older precursor of LOOT, ie BOSS, if you can find it. It's not as quick and simple to use though. Still I know some people who still use it even now.

When you say it needs too many updates, what do you mean exactly? If it's basic stuff like Windows updates and such, you probably really need to be doing those in general anyway.

#5 bardakista

bardakista

Prisoner

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:34 PM

BOSS works indeed but it recognizes exactly half of the mods, which is half nice.

What are the consequences of advancing with WB while ignoring the error messages?

#6 maedrhos

maedrhos

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

"What are the consequences of advancing with WB while ignoring the error messages?"

Unpredictable instability, endless frustration of week long triage sessions to find out why the game won't work. Can't really say for sure but the game is unpredictable enough when there aren't any error messages. I'm reminded of a YouTube clip of Hugh Jackman kissing a man on stage in London when someone in the audience shouted "Don't do it Wolverine!"

#7 bardakista

bardakista

Prisoner

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:25 PM

:lol:

#8 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:56 PM

If youre missing masters, the game should just crash on launch.

For starters, its tradition to load the official files as update, DG, HF, DB

I'd also challenge that modding is impossible without loot. Loot really isnt needed if people properly conflict resolve their list.

Side note: I've actually come to dislike loot as time goes on, there are much better solutions that can be developed, like one that is content aware.

#9 bardakista

bardakista

Prisoner

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 01:31 AM

Order fixed. Thanks.

The game can ctd regardless of the bash file, which is a mere fix for unoptimized level lists, Right? So what if I just run the game without it, maintaining the "overwrite" entrance in MO and get a sense of its stability and whether said 3 problematic mods work or not, then, accordingly go back to creating the bash file?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users