Photo

Why is Dawnguard, Hearthfires, and Dragonborn gone from the left pane?

help

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfgaig

Wolfgaig

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:04 AM

I've followed the STEP guide up to cleaning the dlcs and installing USLEEP from vanilla skyrim and I want to download this mod for myself http://www.nexusmods...yrim/mods/57353 The installation for this mod requires the load order as seen in the attached photo that came with the mod, but I can't see Unmanaged: Dawnguard, Unmanaged: Hearthfires, and Unmanaged: Dragonborn in my setup. Instead I only see the installed textures, SKSE, and USLEEP in the left pane. Furthermore Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, and Dragonborn.bsa is present within my archives but are all under data instead of under Unmanaged:Dawnguard, Unmanaged: Hearthfires, etc. How do I make the dlc appear as it appears in the photo so I can have the proper load order for this mod?

#2 Greg

Greg

Dragonborn

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:21 AM

If you are using Mod Organizer 1.3.11 with Skyrim, you should see Unmanaged: Dawnguard, Unmanaged: Hearthfires, and Unmanaged: Dragonborn provided dawnguaard.esm, hearthfires.esm, and dragonborn.esm exist in Skyrim's Data folder (usually Steam/SteamApps/Common/Skyrim/Data). If you don't see them anywhere in the left pane, click Settings (the wrench/screwdriver icon) and uncheck Hide Inactive ESMs/ESPs in the last tab. If you still don't see them, ensure Filter at the bottom of the left pane is blank.

#3 Wolfgaig

Wolfgaig

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:32 PM

Thanks for replying, sorry I thought I attached the jpg file that came along with the mod and I'm not sure how to upload it. Also this topic http://forum.step-pr...la-textures-hd/ seems to show the correct way to install the mod through MO. But I still can't see the dlcs in the left pane of MO.

#4 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:43 PM

Did you clean the esm files and not copy the backups back into the Data directory and rename?

#5 Wolfgaig

Wolfgaig

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:45 PM

Im afraid so, but dawnguard.esm, hearthfires.esm, and dragonborn.esm are still in my plugins tab.

Edited by Wolfgaig, 28 December 2016 - 04:46 PM.

#6 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:52 PM

The plugins will exist in the right-hand pane because the cleaned versions are either still in 'Overwrite', most likely, or you have moved them into a new mod, not likely with your experience so far.

This however does not explain why the DLCs are not shown as "Unmanaged" in the left-hand pane.

Post your MO INI and a screenshot of your MO UI so we may see the error.

Additionally provide as much detail as possible about your Skyrim install.

#7 Wolfgaig

Wolfgaig

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:14 PM

How do I post media?

#8 Greg

Greg

Dragonborn

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:42 PM

Upload your images to an image-sharing site like http://postimage.org/ and then include a link to the image in your post here. To include the link, click the Image icon in the toolbar and paste the link into the popup.

#9 Wolfgaig

Wolfgaig

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:16 PM

This is the image that came with part 2 of the mod. https://postimg.org/image/41fvu6vxz/

This is a screenshot of my MO with the plugins tab. https://postimg.org/image/bfqh3ajtl/

And this is another screenshot of my MO with the archives tab. https://postimg.org/image/cwz853v9b/

Sorry if my screenshots are large.

I'm not sure how to post my ini, should I just copy and paste the entire thing here?

My skyrim is just the vanilla steam version and not the special edition. I disabled the High Res DLC after cleaning dawnguard, hearthfires, and dragonborn because the mod already includes all the textures.

Edited by Wolfgaig, 28 December 2016 - 10:27 PM.

#10 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:02 PM

You could always try going to Steam and verifying the game cache. That should bring them back, in the original, uncleaned form. Whether you did something untoward or something when awry in the cleaning process I cant say....

#11 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:11 AM

Hmm... don't worry about your INI for now. Reacquire the files by verifying your game via Steam as @Nozzer66 suggests.

Somewhere along the line you've removed those files.

#12 Wolfgaig

Wolfgaig

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:38 AM

I verified the files and it said 5 files failed to validate. Unmanaged: Dawnguard, etc are back in the left pane. I ran skyrim through skse and it runs okay. Do I have to repeat any STEP procedures besides cleaning the dlcs after reacquiring them?

Edited by Wolfgaig, 29 December 2016 - 02:40 AM.

#13 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:42 AM

So all the DLC's plugins and BSAs are back where they should be?

If you still have the cleaned DLC in their own mod there will be nothing you need to redo. If they need cleaning again, do so and be sure to keep the result in their own mods afterwards.

#14 Wolfgaig

Wolfgaig

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:07 AM

Loot doesn't say they're dirty.

#15 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:11 AM

That's good, that means your previously cleaned ones are still active.

Carry on from where you left off.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users