[Fallout 4] Super-basic "vanilla+" mod guide/recommendations?

Hi all, finally thinking about buying and trying Fallout 4 - didn't want to buy on release as I was really disappointed with reviews and what I could gather about the game. Price is dropping now and I think I might give it a try. Only thing is that I know that bloody engine well, and that it will benefit from a little bit of modding help even for a more-or-less vanilla experience.

What I'd like to know is: is there a guide for a super-basic "vanilla+" type mod setup for FO4, or could you provide some recommendations? I'm talking like 4 or 5 basic and essential mods - from experience of previous Beth games in this engine I have in mind things like an unofficial patch, a UI-overhaul to make it PC-friendly, maybe a performance-enhancer - that sort of thing.

Any input would be appreciated ::): 

It depends...what do you consider basic and essential? I'm running 265 mods that run up and down the whole spectrum of the mods. I've got settlement enhancements to body/face textures to armor to weapons....you get the point. Next question would be are you going with the mods from the Nexus or are you going to get your mods from Bethnet?

BadWolf

Well I thought I was fairly clear in OP - I'm going to be doing my first playthrough, and I'm wondering what the 4 or 5 "generally accepted to be an essential fix/improvement" type mods. I.e.: no mechanics changes, no engine tweaking, no quest/story/item/character additions/modifications (apart from genuine fixes). Just the bare bones essentials - UO patches, UI improvement mods, etc.. I know many people will say "first playthrough? then don't use mods!". I do not buy this at all - as I mentioned I have played many (I think all) of the Beth games in this engine, and I know it needs some help from modders even for some basics. Also, I'm not so blessed with free time or even patience that I'll expect to put hundreds of hours and dozens playthroughs into the game - as such I want my first one to be pretty optimal, even though I will most likely do subsequent playthroughs with additional mods to fix things I don't like.

RE your question about where to get mods from, I always previously used the Nexus, but I'm not that fussed about where they're from as long as the quality is generally vouched for.

No-one has any more input on this?

There is the obligatory Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch - however I just realized that  I didn`t have it installed and was none the wiser (ie no obvious bugs encountered so far). Other popular tweak is the Fallout 4 - Texture Optimization Project. I have 980 Ti so it wasn`t necessary for me to install it, people seem to recommend it though.

Other general tweaks I use and would recommend are

Dead Body Collision - well...

Fr4nsson's Light Tweaks, FogOut Interiors - darker and fogless interiors

DEF_UI - completely tweakable UI with sorting options

Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul - better audio

There`s not much else regarding essentials simply because there`s not that much wrong with F4. Sure there`s a ton of other mods you can have fun with but these are down to personal gameplay preference. For example I play in Survival and use few mods to tweak that (Quick Save, Craftable/Refillable bottles, Campsite, etc) some to adjust the dialogue (Silence Is Golden, SCDC, Configurable New Dialog).

That`s about it, apart from some other mods that I can`t really even tell if they`re doing something (Faraway LOD or higher textures)

• +1 1