Conflict Resolution Quetsions - Novice with specific example pics

tjax323

Question

So I'm going through conflict resolving SSE, and I'm looking to see I'm on the right path with some specific examples and screenshots of my xEdit session. I'm hoping for advice on these situations and MOST importantly- explanations and reasons behind them. I'm merely looking for educational assistance from the community.

Please note: any reference to position is via physical load order, so highest priority is last/bottom load order or last/right column in xEdit.

1. A conflict between Immersive Citizens and... Realistic Water 2?   RW2 & ICAIO Screenshot

My assessment of this is proper load orders solves this by overwriting, which means this is not a problem as I've   already resolved it by placing the RW2 plugin below IC in load order.

2. GDO and CRF.... Conflict... or not.   GDP/CRF Screenshot

In this example, I "ported" Guard Dialogue Overhaul (just my own play-through) and have it positioned just below CRF. ESP was re-saved in CK and the BSA extracted/ repacked for SSE. Tested in-game and seems to be working. Question here is that this would fall under DNAM, which in the xEdit Sticky here for types of records that need patches. In the past however, this was not the case, so I'm unsure. What is correct and most importantly, why?

3. Falskaar & my own custom patch   Falskaar Snow Patch

Snow looks a little funky and in the posts on he mod's page, he mentioned a couple of records needed to be forwarded. I was looking at this yesterday while reviewing the mod in xEdit for conflicts. I had identified the same records he had (made me feel all big and bad for about 2 seconds). I then patched. Does this look right?

I appreciate any input from anyone on this. I do have more questions, but felt I should just post 2 or 3 to get started to ensure I ask them in a decent way that encourages feedback and discussion. I think I'm learning a lot. 2 months ago, I couldn't use xEdit for anything except cleaning masters with a Gamer Poets' video open walking me through it. I think I've made some progress, and God help me... I think enjoy it. Must be sick.

1 answer to this question

It might be a toss-up between my Imgur skills and xEdit skills as far as which one needs more work. I linked to the album instead of the individual pics. One simply need scroll down. All 3 screenshots are available in each of the 3 links. Should have copied the pic itself, not the album. Sorry. My bad. I picked my user icon for a reason.

Edited by tjax323